Flex-N-Gate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 5, 2017

2.2

Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evart, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Flex-N-Gate (Evart, MI).

Interview

3rd party hiring agency. Immediate offer. Went so fast I needed to facilitate several hours worth of paperwork in a very short period of time. Employed almost immediately. I needed to work my previous job and this job at the same time in order to give proper notice to previous employer. Thankfully, I had flexibility.

Interview Questions

• Do you want the job? If you do, you need to accept within 12 hours.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non existent

Press Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flex-N-Gate (Rockford, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

Was discouraged by HR numerous times. Lied to about hours. Had a bad feeling from the start. Should have followed my intuition. HR rep from another plant that was conducting some interviews was much more knowledgeable and personable as well.

Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ada, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Flex-N-Gate (Ada, OK) in May 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume through a person I knew who worked there. It took a few days to be reviewed. I was contacted by phone to come in for an interview. Interviewed with the robotics supervisor. Called the following day and offered the job. Took a drug test and started working the following day.

Press Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flex-N-Gate (Warren, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

Met with HR answered basic questions on high school education level math and reading skills. Was asked repeatedly by management after higher who brought me in bcz that's very important they protect friends and family but set up others. Getting in and the interview are not hard staying in if you're not related is the challenge

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flex-N-Gate (Grand Rapids, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview as a preliminary check. Was with a retired electrical engineer from the company and an HR representative. Relatively straight forward. Secondary interview was with hiring manager only and in person / on site. Again, no trick questions and relatively straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Example of a current design request. I was asked to list how I would approach the design.   Answer Question

Maintenance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evart, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Flex-N-Gate (Evart, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Professional and friendly. I was asked relevant questions about the job by facility manager , department manager and HR manager. Questions were about situational manager decisions. Seemed like a good organization and would have liked to work there. I received a letter 2 days after the interview thanking me for my time and to let me know they selected someone else. I can't tell you how nice it was to receive a quick letter.

Interview Questions

• Experience with hydraulics?   1 Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Flex-N-Gate.

Interview

Fill out and application and then hopefully get selected for an interview. Process takes a few weeks, once selected you then receive and face to face interview date. Once that has been completed they will let you know within a week if you have a job or not.

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandusky, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Flex-N-Gate (Sandusky, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

interview was simple and straight foreward, she asked 3-5 questions including "tell me about a time when you were treated unfairly... how was it resolved?" asked if i was willing to work alot of over time.

Interview Questions

i am currently waiting for a call back with my orientation and starting date. could take weeks/months ive heard.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flex-N-Gate.

Interview

Very simple. I sent my resume through Monster.com and within a day I was contacted for an interview, not a phone screen, and in-plant. The interview was scheduled for 5 days from the initial contact.

It was a group interview with 2 Maintenance Supervisors, the Area Manager of the area I was interviewing for, and the HR manager.....

Very simple, relaxed interview. 2 days later I had a job offer.....

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. I tried my best.

Quality Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Flex-N-Gate (Urbana, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

Informal meeting, asking about work ethic and drive. The quality manager and HR manager attended the interview. They were very up front about the tasks required for the position. They also inquired where I was planning on going next after this job. They cared about seeing me grow with the company.

Interview Questions

• How good are you working with difficult people.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since it was a intern position there was little negotiating for hourly payment.