Flipkart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Flipkart Interview Questions

Interviews at Flipkart

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Flipkart in July 2013.

Interview

First round was of 20 aptitude questions and debugging / output based questions. Followed by 2 programming questions..

Next round was pure technical, programming..

Third round was again technical combined with hr round.

All the questions were based on logical programming.

The programming test were online (interviewstreet)

Practice coding and all they look is the efficiency behind coding and how do you approach a problem.

Interview Questions

• Be very good at programming concepts.. Data Structure.   2 Answers

UI Manager Interview

Interview

I was asked to come for a whole day interview from 10:30-4 PM. There were 6 rounds. When I reached the place the first interviewer was ready to take the interview. But once the first round was over I was made to sit in the small empty room for over 30 minutes without any updates or any one showing up in the interview room . Each interviewer would come after a gap of 40-45 minutes. With this kind of delay just 5 rounds took till 5 PM. After that I was asked to go to different location nearly 5-6 km away from the original location for the last round. It was 8PM when the interview concluded. After lunch hour there was no inquiry to see if I needed something like say food or tea. I found the whole HR process very chaotic and unorganized. I had to ask myself after 2 weeks for a result of the interview. They did not see it fit to let me know themselves. I did not get an offer as there was a skill + domain mismatch which was understandable but that should be communicated without the candidate having to prod HR for answers.

However on the positive side the interviewing panel was very knowledgeable and each a master in their field. The interview covered various aspects, technical skills, UI skills, management skills etc. There was no absurd questions or rat holing of issues. Just the interview part was quite professional.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions.   1 Answer

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Flipkart (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

1-hour research based presentation followed by discussions with 5 members. All members are knowledgeable. Overall great experience with the process. However, the HR coordinator is extremely inefficient and unprofessional. It took her more than a month to provide initial feedback and 15 more days after that to release an offer. I was severely displeased by the HR's tactics, and ultimately decided to pass their offer as I had other offers pending. BTW, if you say you have other offers pending, then the HR would ask you this question "Please provide proof as this is Flipkart's policy".

Interview Questions

• Technical questions related to my research background   1 Answer

Senior Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Flipkart (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

Interview process was fast, started with a telephonic and immediately following up with on site process. The interviewers were very passionate and skilled to asked specific questions that they were or tryinfg to cover. Started with standard what you do questioning, the second was on people management where the interview was stuck on one agenda throughout. Then there were design and problem solving rounds followed by HR and Product. The questions were quite easy to understand but at times were explaining ambiguous situations, while not very clear of the question themselves for example the problem solving round was suppose to be HLD but ended in covering everything including LLD as well. Interview was a mix bag. Never heard back from HR on the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Design collaborative software like colabedit.   1 Answer
    • Design a product promotion / personalized recommendation service for website.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Flipkart (New York, NY).

Interview

It was 5 rounds of interview. 3 rounds with Sr. Manager. Last 2 rounds with associate director and HR round. I cleared 3 rounds and sat in there bangalore office for hrs for get the AD. After that the hr person said that she will call me the next day for next rounds of interviews and will be completing all the rounds in 1 days. But till date no revert no calls.

Interview Questions

• How you will find leads? Step by step procedure   1 Answer
    • How will be able to handle irate customers?   1 Answer
    • How you will on board a customer to flipkart   1 Answer

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Flipkart.

Interview

Asked about a lot of open source industry and project contribution. Asked to show the same open source contribution through channels like Github. This shows your past experience with contributed in massive codebases.

Interview Questions

• Show us what open source project have you contributed to?   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Flipkart in July 2014.

Interview

It involved of one online round in which two coding questions were asked in 90 mins. Then there was a machine coding round of 60 mins. Then it was followed by two technical interviews and one hr interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Flipkart.

Interview

Interview quality was very good. Was being asked Message broker implementation, designing a tic tac toe etc. The interview process took a bit longer than expected. However, in the end, all turned out pretty well and I was made an offer. The manager was very reasonable and willing to help me grow in the team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations was a bit harder wrt Salary.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Flipkart (New York, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

Sales guy was taking the highly missing coordinatted interview, they don't read resume, and meanwhile take test apptitute test which even fails to meet standard of donation oriented ones, so that their HR manager can find time for interview.
    It just take one polite minute to clearly convey to come later,rather than wasting time of a sales guy to pretend as HR manager.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Flipkart (New York, NY).

Interview

Five interviewers, each interview was scheduled for an hour but took 115 minutes. Hr said will call you in 2 days but didn't get a call, so had to ping her after a week

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me when you have managed a product from inception to launch   1 Answer