Florida Atlantic University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Florida Atlantic University

2.5

Computer Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Florida Atlantic University (Boca Raton, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Good conversation about values and goals, not necessarily questions asked, One on one interview with supervisor of the position, may need to talk with the professor of the class you are overseeing also

Interview Questions

• What would you do in certain situations, disgruntled student, bad behavior by another employee, etc   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Florida Atlantic University (Boca Raton, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Tough, cold, unfriendly. It was very tough to get comfortable and answer questions thouroughly. By far the most intimidating interview ive had to date. I would do it again but at the same time its very tough.

Interview Questions

• How did you manage with unfriendly coworkers?   1 Answer

Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Florida Atlantic University (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

1.Applied online in early December
    2.Received a phone call in mid-December to set up an interview in January
    3.Participated in a panel interview with 4 assistant directors and associates.
    4.Received a call back one week later to set up a second interview.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      How would you help to promote or recruit students of different races and backgrounds?
      Are you comfortable using Excel?   Answer Question

Budget Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Atlantic University (Boca Raton, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

panel interview. Questions were pretty straight forward. Very little behavioral interviewing. People in the interview panel held 3 different positions. The I interview was about an hour long. They gave me a tour of the facility and the office I would have and introduced me to the professors in the department I would be working in.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Florida Atlantic University (Boca Raton, FL) in December 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume as a Graduate Student for the school database. A few weeks later, I was contacted by a Professor who needed a team of Teaching Assistants for the upcoming semester. Due to my previous experience as an administrator and supervisor, the interview process was easy and went well. Besides the regular interview questions, I was asked to do some problem-solving in the classroom situations.

Associate Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Florida Atlantic University (Jacksonville, NC) in January 2018.

Interview

We did a Skype interview. The sound quality was not always great. A committee of 5 and myself. They asked questions about my background as it related to the job.

Interview Questions

• What attracted me to the position? What classes could I teach? What scholarly research did I plan to continue. Would I work well with my fellow teachers?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Florida Atlantic University.

Interview

I introduced myself to the professor. The professor just asked me a few questions about my previous research, study background and what course taken. We talked about the research project how I should work on and described some basic background of the department. Everything was straight and forward. Then the professor gave me the offer.

Interview Questions

• What program language do you use to do the simulation?   1 Answer

Greeter Interview

Interview

The hiring process is pretty straight forward. I simply walked in to inquire about open positions and was brought into the office of one of the assistant directors. They gave me a run down of the position and provided me an application.

The interview was predominantly comprised of basic interview questions regarding my resume followed by asking me to respond to "pretend" situations.

Negotiation

No negotiation, they basically told me what I would be getting paid.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Atlantic University (Boca Raton, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

The process was a bit lengthy, consisting of a 30 minute phone interview by a committee, then a face-to-face interview to another committee, where I was asked to make a presentation on a designated topic. I was also asked to write an essay on a topic provided by the chair of the interview committee. The third interview consisted of a larger committee than the first two (about 8-10 people), followed by a final interview with the director. Very exhausting and a bit daunting.

Interview Questions

• Describe one situation where a decision I made impacted a student in either a positive or negative way.   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Florida Atlantic University.

Interview

The director of the school will really gauge your dedication to the faculty and listen to referrals.