Florida Atlantic University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Florida Atlantic University Interview Questions

Updated Nov 21, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Florida Atlantic University.

Interview

I introduced myself to the professor. The professor just asked me a few questions about my previous research, study background and what course taken. We talked about the research project how I should work on and described some basic background of the department. Everything was straight and forward. Then the professor gave me the offer.

Interview Questions

• What program language do you use to do the simulation?   1 Answer

Academic Paraprofessional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Atlantic University (Boca Raton, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very professional and they were fairly efficient. The conversation was brief and they were very straight forward about the requirements of the position. I interviewed with three different people over the course of two interviews. There was ample communication between the interviews and the process was great overall. While I was not offered a position (based on the grounds that the job would not challenge me appropriately), I was very impressed with the professionalism and honesty of the team.

Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Florida Atlantic University (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

1.Applied online in early December
    2.Received a phone call in mid-December to set up an interview in January
    3.Participated in a panel interview with 4 assistant directors and associates.
    4.Received a call back one week later to set up a second interview.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      How would you help to promote or recruit students of different races and backgrounds?
      Are you comfortable using Excel?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Atlantic University.

Interview

A little different since I was an internal candidate- first interview with future supervisor and another senior associate, then after that a 2nd interview with director, supervisor, and senior associate.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Atlantic University (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

Process starts with a phone screen, with is conducted by the actual hiring manager. If you pass the phone screen, depending on the requirements for the job, they may require you to go to the HR Department to take an an assessment test. If you pass the phone screen, and the assessment test (if applicable), they will call you for an interview with the hiring manager/s. At the interview they will tell you when you should expect to hear from them. If the hiring managers want to proceed with an offer, they will usually do so within 15 to 30 days of the initial application.

Interview Questions

• Who is more important between an internal and an external candidate?   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Florida Atlantic University (Boca Raton, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Both interviews were conducted via Skype. The first round was pleasant with a committee of Professors and Instructors. They asked insightful questions, and the chair of the interview committee offered answers to all of my questions inside and out of the interview.

The second interview was with the chair of the department. It was also via Skype. His understanding of the position was completely different than the previous committee. Where the previous committee seemed interested in my film background, he mentioned that they had too many film instructors and wanted somebody with multiple disciplines, "Graphic Design", "Video Game Design", and "Animation". This was not listed in the job notice, if it was, I wouldn't have applied. I think it is also a lot to ask of an Instructor to have specializations in multiple disciplines for a $40,000/year position.

I didn't get the job, and to this day nobody has officially notified me. I found this out when I happened to meet an instructor at a networking event. He also said that the Chair of the Department misinformed me in my interview and that there was actually a need for film instructors there. It's a red flag if the chair doesn't even know what the department needs and what faculty they have... I emailed to follow up at reasonable intervals, all with no response. I think the least they could do is notify me that they filled the position.

Overall, it was a very unpleasant experience, and if you intend to apply there, be prepared to be mistreated during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with "Graphic Design", "Video Game Design", or "Animation"?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dania, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Florida Atlantic University (Dania, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

sat down with hiring researcher to discuss my interest in working at his lab. Discussed about the resent and future projects and potential graduate school. Toured the research facility and explanation of all the duties as a research assistant.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work (research) at my lab?   1 Answer

Data Entry Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jupiter, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Atlantic University (Jupiter, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Meet with Director, about hours and the changing schedule needed depending on enrollment times and seasons. I would be trained in data entry. Very easy, but becomes boring. You are entering names, addresses and credit card info.

Interview Questions

• Could I work alone in data entry or be willing to 'not be needed" some slow days?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one.

Student Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Florida Atlantic University (Boca Raton, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of a telephone interview followed by a full- day panel and individual interviews with multiple stakeholders and departments. After the interview, it took more than a month to hear back from the search committee chair. A very long and frustrating process.

Interview Questions

• Questions were both from a script and improvised by interview panel. Improvised questions could be unexpected and more difficult than the scripted ones.   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Atlantic University (Boca Raton, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Apply online; several short response questions about why you're applying for the job. If they like you're application you'll have to do a group interview. During the group interview you'll have to do a presentation on a topic and make an introduction.