Florida Gulf Coast University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Florida Gulf Coast University Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2017

2.7

SG Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Gulf Coast University.

Interview

Applied online, scheduled in face meeting interview. There was not an in depth description of the position but I was interesting anyway. It seemed that the position was already filled and I was there for no reason.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? How do you deal with difficult people?   Answer Question

Applications Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Florida Gulf Coast University (Fort Myers, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Panel based phone interview with an opportunity to ask questions of the panel at the end. Each person would ask a question, then I would answer, then it was immediately on to the next question.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Florida Gulf Coast University (Fort Myers, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Extremely lengthy. I felt led on, as I interviewed over a computer program and then with a panel over the course of 3 months. I didn't even get a response back for weeks after the panel interview and then the position was posted again, as if no candidate was chosen. Most people do not have months and months to wait and see if they got a position. Being a truly qualified candidate, I was not pleased with this process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked at least 15 - 20 questions in the panel interview.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Gulf Coast University (Fort Myers, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

They do a candidate pool and will choose from those people as to who will get the job. You will go into a meeting room, and there will be a hiring panel who will ask you several different questions. This can be pretty intimidating if you have never been in that sort of situation before. Then if they like you the primary decision maker will ask you in for a one-on-one interview. You will also have to get your fingerprints taken and pass a level two background check. Don't worry about DUI's though :)

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the University?   1 Answer

Campus Reservations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Florida Gulf Coast University (Fort Myers, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied about a week later was called to the specific office. Interviewed with three people. They asked me about my costumer service experience. They gave me scenarios that are known to happen at the desk.

Unspecified Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Gulf Coast University.

Interview

Usual process is phone contact, next a phone or skype interview, then an onsite interview which is almost always a panel of 3 to 8 people. In some departments you actually meet with several panels and individuals one after another over the course of a few hours. Fairly extensive no matter what department you are applying for, and I have applied for several.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a position where you did not get along with a supervisor and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant - Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Gulf Coast University (Fort Myers, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Applications are weeded through by HR prior to department notification of qualified (per HR) applicant list. Phase 1. Routinely phone interviews performed by a team selected to complete interviews for the posted position. Phase 2. If selected, and onsite interview is scheduled where you meet with key personnel in the department. Phase 3. Finalists are traditionally called back to interview with department director and possibly other higher level staff. This process can take anywhere from 2 - 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize your work when several project deadlines are looming?   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Gulf Coast University (Fort Myers, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

Single interview session with approx. 5 people on the panel. The interview process took approx. 50 min and after the first process was completed I was introduced to the Director of the department.

Part-time Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Florida Gulf Coast University (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

I went in and applied for the position, and they already knew me because of some friends. Turns out friends are all you really need to get a job here.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask me much. They asked what I knew about PCs. That's about it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Florida Gulf Coast University in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process is very straight forward. You would email the Director of the institution your resume and cover letter (if there is an opening available) and he'll call/email you to set an appointment if you caught his curiosity from your resume/cover letter.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions are basic questions; going through your resume, getting a feel for your skill levels that are needed for the position, etc.   Answer Question