Florida Southern College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017

2.3

Instructor/Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Southern College (Lakeland, FL).

Interview

Initial Skype with former dean than flew in to meet with dean, provost, president than the entire nurse faculty and conducted a class lecture on a topic provided to me prior to the interview on campus (in my related field) which was critique by faculty and dean used to make final decision on hiring.

Interview Questions

• Not applicable as what i wrote above explains a lot.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Florida Southern College (Lakeland, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

The application was done online. Personally I went to the store and introduced myself, asked for an interview, etc. However, the people who didn't were called back based on their availability they put in the application. It was a group interview. We all sat around in a circular and took turns answering the same questions, as well as introducing ourselves. After the interview was over the assistant manager told us we all got the job and we started filling out paperwork. I started work the next day.

Interview Questions

• In a situation in which a customer says he/she is unhappy, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Student Caller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Florida Southern College (Lakeland, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

I sent in my application and left a voicemail (per request) reading a short script they had provided. A month or so later I was called in for an in-person interview. There was the Director of the program and her assistant. Both of whom were my direct supervisors once the shifts began.

Interview Questions

• To describe a time when I had to deal with a difficult customer and how I handled the situation.   Answer Question

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Florida Southern College.

Interview

They listed the job posting on my graduate school's department facebook page. The ad was posted by an alumnus who was in charge of hiring the position. I sent her an email and was set up with a phone interview with the department chair. He called at the appointed time asked me two questions and I was hired. They basically wanted to hire the first qualified person they came across.

Interview Questions

• Do you have your Masters degree/ can you have your transcripts sent to my office? what are your pay expectations.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Florida Southern College (Lakeland, FL).

Interview

One interview, I presented a lecture to my peers and students.

Negotiation

Negotiation was short, they offered me the position the next day.

Division Chair Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Florida Southern College (Lakeland, FL) in January 2009.

Interview

Very thorough process including reference checks and panel interview. Social experience on three separate occasions with several stakeholder groups.

Interview Questions

• what is your experience and/or commitment to engaged learning?   Answer Question
    • How much experience have you had with AACSB accreditation process? Detail your role and the outcome.   Answer Question