Flying Food Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 21, 2017

2.2

Cost and Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY

Application

I interviewed at Flying Food (Jamaica, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a two hour long interview. They explained the position very well and emphasized attention to detail and organization. Position is very excel heavy however it is basic excel. Seemed very friendly and really willing to give new grads a chance to learn.

Food Runner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Flying Food (Honolulu, HI) in January 2016.

Interview

Meet with HR Manager, no real questions asked, they hire fast and ask you to start right away. They have you do all your paperwork as soon as you hired so bring in your ID's before you come in for your interview. They take you downstairs and show you the kitchen. You meet with a food manager, she tells you what you will be doing. it's a very quick interview, I think they just want to hire people.

Interview Questions

• Where did you work before, do you have cutting experience, can you stand up for 8hrs, can you push heavy things.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Flying Food.

Interview

One phone interview with the department manager who described the job scope and asked some general questions, one interview at the facility with the Food Safety and Quality Manager and one additional interview with the general manager and human resources.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, they mentioned that salary is already the highest for this posittion

Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Flying Food (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

meet hr then department head then manager answer questions ask questions show performance record information on benefits take a tour sit with employees wait a few days on decision

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jamaica, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Flying Food (Jamaica, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Fill up the application, then they call you back to do drug test and background check, and if the drug test and background check is good you then do a IQ test and interview, also they try to make it seems like flying food is all about family and they care about you, don't fall for it.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Flying Food (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Met wiith ceo twice hred after 2n meeting. Also met with key employees had wide rangong discussions over many topics with partcular emphasis on my ideas for expansion. And organic growth. Also where did i 0lan to be in5 years of this consulting job. We alsp had many discussions over a wide range of topics including politics world events tax policies and work ethics of the American worker

ng questions on several aspects of the businss. On particular how ro expand

Interview Questions

• I had previously owned this company and I had a tremendous amount of knowledge and experience which I could pass on to New Managementcould pass on to New Managementhy. Do i wa   Answer Question

Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Flying Food in April 2012.

Interview

Quite detailed, 2 interviews, first with HR and then interviewing executive

Interview Questions

• General questions, following the STAR format   1 Answer

Negotiation

no, negotiation

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Flying Food (Chicago, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

I am currently interviewing with the Flying Food Group. So far, I have had a telephone interview with an HR Representative and within a day they contacted me about a telephone interview with the hiring manager. If I pass, I should be invited into the plant most likely for a group/panel interview. The phone interview with the HR Representative was pretty informal. He told me about the organization, as far as what they make. I then discussed my background and experiences in the food manufacturing industry and then I followed with a questions about the business. The HR representative was very easy to talk with and he did not put a lot of pressure on me. Our discussion was more conversational in manner. That leads me to believe that the culture at Flying Food Group is very team based because this gentlemen had very good people skills. He acknowledged my skills and experiences and sounded like he was very impressed. Our phone interview was on a Saturday morning and he immediately called me on the following Monday to set up a telephone interview with the Plant Manager.

Station Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Flying Food (Newark, NJ) in June 2010.

Interview

The process was very simple. I applied in person and later that week I was call. The interview was also very simple. After I answer a few question everything was ready. I started working as soon I done with my blood test.

Interview Questions

• The only question was if I was able to handled cold temperatures.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negation process

QA Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Flying Food in March 2011.

Interview

nothing too out of the ballpark at all, fairly basic interview about whether or not you had the skills to perform the job