Flywheel Sports Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.1

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Flywheel Sports (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

An in-house recruiter from the company contacted me through LinkedIn, which I responded to right away. I then didn't hear back and had to send another email a week or so later to get a response and set up a phone interview.

Very unprofessional phone call to say the least. Woman seemed completely uninterested and offered no back and forth conversation. A few times it seemed as though she wasn't even paying attention to my responses. She even audibly yawned once.

I was also told to go into one of their locations and take an actual class and then call her back after I did that. Wasn't offered and invite or setup with a location and manager, but just to go in and take a class. Way to make your job candidates feel welcome and important. Wow

Interview Questions

• Have you taken a class here before?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Flywheel Sports (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process was extremely easy. I applied online filling out the basic information and attaching a resume. I was contacted maybe a week later to set up a time to meet. My "interview" was more of a get to know you session but I enjoyed it. I met with the studio manager and he told me about flywheel, himself and his experience with flywheel and then asked me about myself and why Flywheel. Flywheel is also going through some customer service changes moving towards more of a hospitality approach and that was a big focus of the interview. It was maybe 30 minutes and I left confident that a position was going to be offered. About 2 days later I got an email saying he really liked me and was offering me a position. I got my offer letter 2 days after that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much of a negotiation process. I was informed of the pay during the interview. I had about 2 days to accept or deny the offer.

Club Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Flywheel Sports.

Interview

Hiring was easy. Submit application and resume and you have a phone call and in person interview with the hiring manager. Then you just fill out paperwork and you're employed.

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flywheel Sports (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Was really friendly, straight to the point and talking about what were the expectations for the current position as well describing the level of professionalism and customer services

Interview Questions

• Everything was related to my previous work experience and saying the expectation for the position   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flywheel Sports.

Interview

I applied online and went through a few phone interviews and one in person interview. The overall interview process was very pleasant. The first round was with HR followed by 3 other phone/in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• What ideas do you have to build awareness? Questions to see how well you knew the market.   Answer Question

Assistant Studio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Flywheel Sports (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I was approached on linkedin to connect with them about a position that had opened up. I only knew about the position and the role from the emails sent from the recruiters. The first question they asked was have I taken a class there before? I said no I have not and immediately I could tell the person interviewing me had written me off. I was told I could reach out to them for next steps once I had taken a class. Employment is based off of participation of their classes. I would have loved to have been invited in to take a class or given the chance to speak of my experience, rather then wasting my time.

Barre Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Flywheel Sports (Walnut Creek, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was scouted by the owner and invited to audition. All conversations were through email. Candidates are required to train for 70hrs over the course of 3 months before being allowed to teach. Then teachers have to work a minimum of 10 hrs which must include at least one night and weekend. They are not flexible on this rule. Then they expect you not to teach barre at any other company by signing a non-compete agreement. Fortunately California does not recognize such agreements with employees.

Interview Questions

• They asked about availability.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flywheel Sports (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I met with the studio managers and then the regional manager. They got back to me in about two weeks and I began training. Training was pretty simple, and the staff was super nice. We are usually asked to take a class during training to get used to being in the studio and understanding the way the technology works.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Flywheel Sports (Redwood City, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Interviewd with CTO on phone

Interview Questions

• Pair programming on phone with CTO. One question with pure TDD   Answer Question

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flywheel Sports (San Francisco, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Two phone interviews and one in-person interview. Phone interviews about sales experience.
    In person about knowledge of real estate industry and companies goals for this position. The hiring manager knew very little about either sales or management. The operations manager was knowledgeable. The process didn't seem professional. Start up company in a very competitive environment. They have no interest in experienced people, but prefer salespeople without knowledge or experience.

Interview Questions

• What type of birthday cake would you make for a client?   1 Answer