Flywheel Sports Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.2

Studio Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Flywheel Sports (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

Reached out to a manager via email and asked if they were hiring (I had already applied online). She responded and had me fill out an app again and then invited me in for an in-person interview. She had me fill out 10 situational questions on paper which would have made more sense to ask me in person because then we chatted. Asked me about training availability. Haven't heard anything 4 weeks later so I can safely I assume I did not receive the job but it's pretty rude not to follow up with candidates. I think most people would agree its better to close the loop and reject than to ghost candidates. Unprofessional behavior by the new studio management in Center City.

Interview Questions

• Experience working on a team or with a disgruntled customer.   Answer Question

Studio Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flywheel Sports (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with two studio managers for a Los Angeles location. Both of them didn't have a fitness background but seemed passionate. Overall the interview was typical though both managers seemed a bit apprehensive that I truly wanted to work there for fun as a second job. I'm already a store manager for an apparel retailer and wanted to work there because I'm obsessed with indoor cycling (Equinox gym) and have extra time on my hands. Towards the end of the interview I had the feeling that both of them didn't believe that I'm an avid indoor cyclist but just wanted another job. Wish they both would have understood my passion and hired me.

For crying out loud it's an entry level position and I'm sure people come and go quickly just like most retail jobs (meaning that you don't have much to loose). I was the individual who seeked them out and personally e-mailed two different studios asking if they had any open positions (that's how I got the interview). What more could they have wanted (I've also been to several Flywheel classes)? At the same time I understand that there's probably many applicants and only a few positions to fill. Best of luck to them.

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Flywheel Sports (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume, someone contacted me via email about setting up an interview in person. I showed up to the location and met with a manager and a supervisor for about 30 minutes each outside of the studio.

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Flywheel Sports (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Extremely disorganized and surface level. I had to chase the hiring manager down to try and remind her of our interview, which she showed up 30 minutes late for, coming back from a lunch with friends.

Interview Questions

• I sat down immediately and the only thing she asked was: do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Flywheel Sports (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

An in-house recruiter from the company contacted me through LinkedIn, which I responded to right away. I then didn't hear back and had to send another email a week or so later to get a response and set up a phone interview.

Very unprofessional phone call to say the least. Woman seemed completely uninterested and offered no back and forth conversation. A few times it seemed as though she wasn't even paying attention to my responses. She even audibly yawned once.

I was also told to go into one of their locations and take an actual class and then call her back after I did that. Wasn't offered and invite or setup with a location and manager, but just to go in and take a class. Way to make your job candidates feel welcome and important. Wow

Interview Questions

• Have you taken a class here before?   2 Answers

Club Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Flywheel Sports (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process was extremely easy. I applied online filling out the basic information and attaching a resume. I was contacted maybe a week later to set up a time to meet. My "interview" was more of a get to know you session but I enjoyed it. I met with the studio manager and he told me about flywheel, himself and his experience with flywheel and then asked me about myself and why Flywheel. Flywheel is also going through some customer service changes moving towards more of a hospitality approach and that was a big focus of the interview. It was maybe 30 minutes and I left confident that a position was going to be offered. About 2 days later I got an email saying he really liked me and was offering me a position. I got my offer letter 2 days after that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much of a negotiation process. I was informed of the pay during the interview. I had about 2 days to accept or deny the offer.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flywheel Sports (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

great! a little wait in between job offer and start date but all round pleasant and conversational. love working here and excited to be a part of the team!! discussed our passions about the company and health and fitness as a whole. i also trained at the company for two years before applying

Club Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Flywheel Sports.

Interview

Hiring was easy. Submit application and resume and you have a phone call and in person interview with the hiring manager. Then you just fill out paperwork and you're employed.

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flywheel Sports (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Was really friendly, straight to the point and talking about what were the expectations for the current position as well describing the level of professionalism and customer services

Interview Questions

• Everything was related to my previous work experience and saying the expectation for the position   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flywheel Sports.

Interview

I applied online and went through a few phone interviews and one in person interview. The overall interview process was very pleasant. The first round was with HR followed by 3 other phone/in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• What ideas do you have to build awareness? Questions to see how well you knew the market.   Answer Question