Focus Features Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Focus Features

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Focus Features (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

First Interview is general about past experience and why Focus. Second Interview is more detailed in regards to your experience and opinion on films. Be prepared to know significant knowledge about films, directors, writers etc. It is essential to sound interested in the actual industry and not just the job at hand. They also have you do sample script coverage after your second interview.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite director?   1 Answer

Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Focus Features (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Quite informal. General questions and goals in mind. Only done by phone, although I had a network connection from my previous intern position. My interviewer, who was to be my supervisor, was very kind and straight forward. No trick questions. I actually didn't even have time to prepare for the interview. It almost seemed like a check just to see if I was normal and decent. The referral from my present job at the time probably helped in reassuring her I was qualified.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your favorite movies and why?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Focus Features.

Interview

Called me twice, once with general questions about my schedule and availability, another with more specific questions abut my industry, my major and my experience at other internships.

Publicity Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Focus Features (Burbank, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Very prompt communication, the interview in person two days later consisted of the Intern Coordinator explaining the program to me and asking very few questions about my background, interests, or experience. It was a very summary interview and I left confused about whether or not they had been interested in me, but they contacted me a week later and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your news?   1 Answer

Production Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Focus Features (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Two weeks after I applied online, I was called to set up a phone interview date. The phone interview lasted about ten minutes and it was very general. Then I got a second phone interview. This one was a bit more challenging and asked deeper questions. After about 3 weeks, I got a phone call that said I had gotten the position.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the challenges you've faced and how did you respond to it?   Answer Question