Foley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Foley Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.5

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Foley (Hartford, CT).

Interview

I received a message from Diane the recruiter. I initially ignored the message because I was in the middle of another interview process. The company I had been interviewing with was dragging their feet so I thought, what the heck, what's the worse that could happen, so I messaged Diane back. Foley did not drag their feet and within a couple of days I had a phone interview with Diane and by the end of the week an in person interview.

When I arrived I met with two sales managers. The questions were situational. "Tell me about a time when"..... or "how did you overcome a specific objection." I of course had some questions prepared myself but in total, that portion of the interview lasted about 35-40mins.

I then met with another supervisor. In this phase of the interview I was asked some basic questions about myself, background and experience. Again, I asked some questions of my own and then we concluded with me selling the supervisor something of my choice over the phone. He went to another room and called me. Pretty easy stuff if you know how to sale.

The third person I met with was the director of sales. At this point I felt more like it was a conversation rather than an interview. Overall, I liked the directors attitude and how he spoke about where the company has come from, to where the organization is today, to where Foley is going in the future.

Lastly, I met with Soneeka, the HR generalist at Foley. In this part of the interview I learned about pay and other benefits. An offer was extended contingent upon successfully passing a urine screen and background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you overcame an objection to close a sale.   Answer Question

Dec 15, 2017 – Marketing Copywriter

Welcome to Foley! We're excited to have you as one of the newest members of our team.

As you probably gathered, our interview process has a few important goals: one is to make sure you have the... More

Compliance Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Foley.

Interview

I applied to Foley through Indeed and within 5 mins got a email and text message from Diane trying to set up a phone interview. The phone interview went well and lasted an hour as she went over my resume with me and asked me questions about previous jobs. Then I came in for a face to face interview, first I interviewed with Brian and I felt like it went really well as he went over my resume and just asked sales related questions, then I interviewed with Alex which was really brief. He also went over my resume and asked why I'm looking into doing over the phone sales and seemed satisfied with my answers seeing as how he also came from face to face sales. Then I had to sell them something over the phone, so I went into another room and called Alex and Brian. The phone call lasted maybe 10 mins, after that I was told I would hear back from Diane later that day. A whole 3 days later I got a email from Diane saying they were gonna go with other prospects. My biggest issue was that I was really waiting to hear back so I could put my two weeks in so I'd be able to start in their traning which was in a week and a half.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are some of the biggest differences between face to face sales and phone sales?   Answer Question

Nov 9, 2017 – Marketing Copywriter

Thank you for interviewing with Foley.

After the interview is complete, the hiring team schedules a time to discuss the individual's candidacy and whether they'll be the best fit for the... More

Sales Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foley (Hartford, CT) in August 2017.

Interview

I recently interviewed with Foley Service and I can say that it was a very professional operation. The recruiter called and text me to arrange for a phone interview and was very clear when providing company information especially about the position, culture, growth and benefits. The recruiter stayed on top of setting expectations for next steps where I was quickly scheduled for an in person interview with the director and potential peers. This went extremely well and after the CEO conducted a phone interview with me and a few hours later the HR Generalist called with an informal job offer. I accepted and I am excited to be part of the Foley Team!

Interview Questions

• How would you performance manage an employee that was not performing to their full potential?   Answer Question

Sep 14, 2017

Welcome to Foley!

We're very pleased to hear that you had a positive interview experience with us. We believe that recruiting is about more than finding the right hire for us - but making sure... More

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foley (Hartford, CT) in August 2017.

Interview

Went through 1 interview, spoke with 3 people during this time. All were great people by the way. I was informed before the Sales Interview to sell something to the manager. Allowed me to prepare for the interview.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where a customer was upset? And what did you do to resolve the issue?   1 Answer

Sep 14, 2017

Congratulations on your new job with Foley! We are excited to have you join our growing team. It's the people at Foley that truly do make this a wonderful place to work; we're pleased you were able... More

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Foley (Hartford, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

My interview process with Foley was up front and honest, but still had a personable approach. My recruiter found me and was not afraid to talk salary and compensation plans early in the process. The process moved forward at a good rate, there were no curve balls along the way. I was impressed by the culture and professional yet fun office environment.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my initiative to prospect and sell.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Foley (Hartford, CT).

Interview

The interview went really well. They called in Hr, team leaders, and supervisor. Everyone seemed so nice and happy. I was allowed to fill out application on site and told I would have a response in 2 days. That turned into more like 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done customer service work   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Foley (Hartford, CT) in June 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview, She was very nice but a little robotic. Got call for an 1:1 interview in their Hartford Office. Showed up on Time and ready. Did not really have to wait

Interview Questions

• Asked the common Questions from a list someplace. We had a nice conversation, (I thought)   1 Answer
    • I Think they are looking to add to their after work activities, instead of the Customer service department.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Foley (Hartford, CT) in February 2016.

Interview

It was the best experience I had in interviewing. First the phone interview. It was a combination of technical and a feeling of would I like to work with this person. They follow the book Traction where they look for characteristics in someone they want to hire. The in person interview was easy as well

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 best and worst qualities of your current boos?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Went very smoothly

Sales Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Foley (Hartford, CT) in December 2015.

Interview

I saw them at a career fair and when I gave them my resume I got a call back. After I set up an appointment with them and then met shortly after. The interview process went smoothly with no complications. It appears that they are still looking for candidates so anyone interested in a sales position should go on their website contact the recruiter and hopefully you will receive a call back.

Interview Questions

• Why Sales?
      What makes you a good candidate?
      Describe a time when you had to overcome a situation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Foley.

Interview

Interview process was log but standard.however the job deacription wasn't clear so I didn't know it was a sales position until I got into the interview itself. Posting misleading

Interview Questions

• Name a time when I had to deal with a difficult customer? How to you handle stress? If you had to sell me on hiring you what would you say to "close the sale"?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The entry level positions are at a set rate/hr