Foley Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Foley CEO Joel L. Sitak
Joel L. Sitak

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Having a CEO who interacts with all the employees in the entire company makes for a much more positive work environment (in 10 reviews)

• Management and Upper management all the way to the top is involved in day to day activities and are consistently in the office showing you they care (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The worst part as a sales rep is the constant tension of working with the customer service department (in 6 reviews)

• Overall, not much different than any growing company (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fun and Exciting place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Foley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Foley is an upbeat company where you can feel the excitement among employees and management. There is an overall excitement over new avenues the company is going down, which makes its way across the entire company.

Management is very open to new ideas and suggestions. Despite having an office in Hartford and Andover, MA, the CEO splits his week among the 2 offices and sits with the employees in the main area. Having a CEO who interacts with all the employees in the entire company makes for a much more positive work environment. Additionally, the company has many non-work social activities which encourages better relationships among the entire workforce.

Cons

Foley is in a growing state and attempting the implementation of new products. With this comes the normal growing pains and sometimes greater extension of current resources while we wait for new employees to come on. Overall, not much different than any growing company. But at the same time, makes it an exciting place to work as well.

Advice to Management

I think it is time to consider an office expansion in Hartford. As the company is growing, it is becoming more difficult to find quiet areas in the office.

2. "Account manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE

I worked at Foley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

working with people , be helpful, , taking call phones , emails , the best managers specially (Alex & Keith)

Cons

i think every companies has some good side and bad sides, working at this company , I did not feel or see anything bad

3. "This is by far the best job I've had yet."

Current Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Andover, MA

I have been working at Foley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent place to work. A Very quiet office which allows more concentration. Always can ask my coworkers for help if I need any! 90% recommended.

Cons

I have not found any cons so far. Keep up the good work! This is an excellent company to work for.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! It's working.

4. "Great progressive culture"

Current Employee - Business Development in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Business Development in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Foley full-time

Pros

Foley is focused on growing their footprint in the employment screening industry, which is my area of focus. They have committed to investing the resources to do it right. First class leadership.

Cons

No real cons so far, we just need to work hard to gain brand recognition in this industry. Resources and marketing initiatives are making great strides thus far.

"New Entrant Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I worked at Foley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This review is exclusively for a New Entrant Sales Rep
    There are a lot of pros that Foley has to offer. To start, the whole sales team at Foley is absolutely amazing. Everyone is friendly and willing to help at any point. It starts with the Sales Managers, the Sales Managers are very good at their jobs and are willing to work with anyone who puts in an effort to take your sales performance to the next level. If you are willing to work hard and be patient, Foley really can maximize your sales ability. Another pro is the potential to make money, While the base is relatively mediocre, if you can sell, you can make tons of money at this company. The commission is uncapped and the bonus structure they offer really helps you. The best part is you can literally double your total pay within months. Foley is also a really laid back environment and does their best to retain workers through sales contest and fun outside of work activities. Another department that deserves some praise is the marketing staff. They do an incredible job getting people to call into Foley, I have had numerous easy sales based off our marketing department. Overall You truly get what you put in to this place.

Cons

unfortunately for the amount of pros there is an equal amount of cons as well. First off the clientele is rough to deal with (they are truckers). Another con is that management is going through a massive hiring spree. There are only so many potential clients and leads in this industry, so the more people the company brings in equals less sales opportunities for you. This will hurt the company when Top and most skilled Sales reps are getting frustrated with getting less sales opportunities which essentially means that they will start making less money then they normally do.
    Honestly the first 3 months you will talk to the worse leads and barely make any money, after that it drastically improves. The worst part as a sales rep is the constant tension of working with the customer service department. The communication is absolutely terrible and when there are important issues regarding your client, it is important to solve that issue right away...afterall if these clients ask for a refund, it comes from the sales rep commission not the customer service rep. The company actually discourages communication between the departments...as a sales rep, you are not allowed to call or walk over to the customer service department (which is 100 ft away) without having a client on the phone. They request you to email them but it doesn't take a genius to figure out the flaw with that. first off the customer service department is inconsistent at responding to emails and primary communication through email is very flawed if the context is misunderstood, it could result in back and forth emailing which is inefficient or a misunderstanding that could result in much bigger problems. Sales reps should not get yelled at for calling the customer service line to find out more information regarding their own clients.At the same time its not even customer service fault because they are so understaffed that they get swamped with work that they do not even have time to efficiently put in the time that each client deserves when they sign up for Foley.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring so many people to capture market share, focus on hiring the right type of people and focus on training those sales reps to meet their maximum potential. Something desperately needs to get done regarding the tension between the sales reps and customer service. I am pretty sure customer service dislikes sales reps as much as sales reps dislike customer service reps. Sales reps should not be discouraged to communicate with customer service reps especially when it is regarding of their own client regardless whether or not a client is on the line or not. I never heard of a company trying to discourage communication between departments. The whole process is inefficient which causes frustration between clients which causes refunds. Hire a customer service rep specifically for helping internal reps. that will ultimately lead to quick response to sales reps for those problems and issues that it is not neccessary to have the client on the phone (for instance, when a client emails you having a problem).

"Elephant in the room"

I have been working at Foley full-time

Pros

Three of the supervisors, two of the directors, most of my coworkers, free coffee, 1st Thursdays, tuition reimbursement, and cool chairs, T.V. and ping pong in the break room. Great vision and so much potential.

Cons

Seems like a fun and cool company with lots of energy at first. After a few months you see what's up. Corporate Politics and favoritism. Revolving door. Watched a lot of my friends leave. Complaints fall on deaf ears. People either quit or stay head down and silent cuz we need our jobs. Sadly nobody wants to address it and get better.

Advice to Management

This could be a great place to work. Core values? Practice what you preach and stop the politics.
    Newer managers get it and are genuinely engaged.
    FCS is like a rose bush. Time to prune a few branches, nourish the soil and watch it grow.

Foley Response

Mar 21, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. As an employee-driven organization, it is our goal to create a work environment where employees feel valued and comfortable. And while... More

"Best place to work"

I have been working at Foley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been at Foley for a little over a month and I love my job...from Diana (recruiter) to Jason my manager, everyone is always willing to help. This is the first company I have seen where everyone want you to be successful. My co-workers are very motivated and positive and willing to help. The overall environment is very uplifting.....in my department, my manager is very positive which encourages us to be the same way. The benefits are great and I plan to stay here for a long time. Even upper management will stop by and ask how everything is going.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything at this point.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing..it is working.

"So far so good"

I have been working at Foley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been here for just about a month. From the training to the overall culture of Foley I feel like I can succeed in my role. I am very happy to be part of this growing company and love that everyone has an open door. My opinion matters here. I really enjoy it even with my hour drive to work.

Cons

Nothing so far. If you work hard and make calls you will be great. If you don't want to make calls and can't take rejection then this is not a job for you. It is sales. It is a challenge but if you put everything into it you will win!

Advice to Management

Keep on growing with the team!

9. "Foley - great company to be a part of....."

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Hartford, CT

Pros

A great company to be a part of. I recently joined as their Talent Acquisition Specialist and am very happy with my decision. Very employee driven company! Great people to work with.

Cons

I have no Cons to share....

10. "Great Sales Job"

I have been working at Foley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was hired several months ago into a new sales jobs. The initial training was fun and covered everything I needed to sell. Once I got out of training my supervisor Brian spent time with me on the phone helping me sell and really helped me close sales in my first month. From that point I've been getting better leads each month and my commissions continue to get better. The atmosphere and team work are really good.

Cons

Better cafeteria food would be appreciated. There aren't many options inside the building and the food in the machines isn't enough.

Advice to Management

Keep it going. The company is growing and I can a career for myself with the different level of sales teams we have in the company. I also hope the training continues.