Fonterra Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fonterra Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2017

Operations Team Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fonterra.

Interview

Interview process took about a month. Was very relaxed and more of a conversation than questions being asked by the hiring managers. Found through a head hunter and had a pre-screening interview with them, which then moved onto a phone interview with the person that I would be working for. After that had 1 face to face interview with my boss and another team member.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard interview questions, strengths, weaknesses, challenges, opportunities, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fonterra is very generous so didn't need to negotiate

Middle Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fonterra (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Very process oriented and focused around customer relationships and how to react to customer "special" requests...no matter what field.

They are also sticklers for the "corporate" prerequisite questions as well. Everyone who interviews has a list of about 50-80 questions that corporate requires them to ask. If you're familiar with the questions I suggest that you study them.

Interview Questions

• What if a customer.......

Other questions were based on what you would do if "blank" happened.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty standard negotiations. I was able to negotiate an additional week of vacation and 5% more than the initial offer. There were no stock options at the time since this is a Co-op.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fonterra (Rosemont, IL) in May 2008.

Interview

All interview questions are SAR questions. However, the interview will begin with the most obvious one: Tell me about yourself.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me a time where you made a mistake. What happened, how did you react, and what was the result.   1 Answer

R&D Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fonterra (Auckland (New Zealand)) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone call interview with HR person which was about a 30 mins chat where they wanted to find out my motivations etc and then onto a physical in person interview where they were more interested in my technical skills and how I deal with situations

Store Person Interview

Interview

It was a great and very smooth interview process. I loved to go through the process so I know what to expect next time. The interviewers asked me normal questions such as my experiences and qualifications

Interview Questions

• what would u do in case of a workmates confrontation   1 Answer

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Te Rapa (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fonterra (Te Rapa (New Zealand)) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received email to give online test, after that phone interview and than I was invited at Te Rapa assessment centre for further practical test and face to face interview,

Interview Questions

• General behavioural questions, STAR types questions on work experience   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Fonterra (Auckland (New Zealand)).

Interview

Telephone screening interview (checking your verbal answers are consistent with your written application) + two rounds of in-person interviews (hiring manager then a one up manager). Started off with general chit chat to ease you into the interview. Interviews always had an HR person present in addition to a manager asking you questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you faced a difficult situation and what you did to deal with it.   Answer Question

Maintenance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fonterra (Melbourne (Australia)) in June 2015.

Interview

Lengthy but professional process, interviewing several skills like logic and numeric skills. Lengthy process but friendly. They were trying always to check the criteria they were looking for but using multiple similar questions. The process included 4 stages and focused on previous experience relevant to the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave the offer and nothing much to negotiate,

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fonterra (Auckland (New Zealand)) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview, Group exercise, Presentation. Took most of the day, everyone was quite friendly and did there best to make you comfortable. We all got a free ice cream and goodies bag at the end.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Christchurch (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fonterra (Christchurch (New Zealand)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online after the Careers Fair at my University. Went through an online testing process for quantitative, psychometric testing etc, passed these tests and got an online interview (I was able to re record answers if I wanted). I got asked 5 questions and was given 5 minutes to answer each of these.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Fonterra? Why attracted to you Fonterra? What are your career ambitions? How would someone you know describe your personality? (to that effect).   Answer Question