Ford Foundation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ford Foundation Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2017

Accounting/Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ford Foundation.

Interview

Had a brief interview with someone from HR that went fine. Got a callback 2 weeks later to interview with the manager. During the interview when I was talking about my aspirations he told me that I'm "overqualified" for the internship position even though I only had volunteering tax experience. Also, they kept telling me they would get back to me with a response the next week every time I emailed them. Eventually got fed up with their stalling and called in to find out they moved on with another candidate.

Program Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ford Foundation (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied on line. One screening interview with a recruiter. Another phone interview with department head. 2nd round interview with similar departments and potential co-workers. Consistent communication from the recruiter. Friendly interview process. Not a lot of materials provided into review prior to the interview so I had to a lot of my own investigation into their funding and programs.

Interview Questions

• What is your salary expectations?   1 Answer
    • What do you think will be your biggest challenges?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ford Foundation (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

There were 2 interviews, one with HR and one with my specific area. The one with my area asked a lot of situational questions that were not easily prepared for. The HR interview was much more general.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if one of your coworkers was unsatisfied with their work?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Foundation (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Three separate interviews with a Human Resources staff member, your would-be immediate supervisor, and the head of the department you are applying for. There is also a background check and work sample that is required. Through each step of the process, you must account for any unexpected obstacles and be ready for a time change or technical difficulty that would change a plan.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ford Foundation.

Interview

The overall process took 2 months.

I had a one-on-one on site interview with an HR associate which was just a basic screening. I had to take a skills test afterwards on Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. I then had an interview with an associate from that department, which lasted about 15 minutes. The second interview was mostly about skills related to the job.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Foundation (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

You have to submit a cover letter discussing why you are interested in the Ford Foundation and you also have to submit a resume. If they are interested in you, a member of HR will contact you via the phone and ask you about your interests and which department you'd be interested in working in. Then you'll have a more formal interview via Skype and a web assessment on your abilities to maneuver Microsoft Suite. After that, you'll be scheduled to interview at the Ford Foundation office in NYC. This worked great for me because I was in school in upstate NY and they were able to schedule an interview when I came back down to NYC.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Foundation (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Standard. Interview with the HR department first and then the department you are applying for. The questions were very straight forward, beginning with questions about your resume and then about your strengths and weaknesses. After the interview I was sent an online skills assessment to complete. Then a few days later I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• List a time when you had to display leadership qualities?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Ford Foundation (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Initial interview with human resources, then called back to interview with the hiring manager and a staff member. Then I was called back a third time to interview with the CFO and General Counsel.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, pretty straight forward, the typical questions about the position and my background.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The compensation was very good so I accepted first offer.

Department Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Foundation (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Three interviews and a skills test

Interview Questions

• All questions were relatively easy and straightforward   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Foundation (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

The first round was a basic 1:1 interview followed by a skills test on a computer testing basic Microsoft software. The second round was with individuals from the specific department you applied to.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were presented a challenge and how did you face it.   Answer Question