Forescout Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Forescout Technologies

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forescout Technologies in December 2018.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the lead of engineering. Mostly asked about my past technical experience and interests, and all the technologies I was fluent/comfortable in. Pretty casual. The interviewer also spoke about the different teams available to join and asked which interested me the most. No technical questions.

Senior Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forescout Technologies (San Jose, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

Waste of time. Hiring Manager is looking for something not mentioned in the Job Description and showed no interest in even possibly training someone on the one skill that is missing. Sounded rude and definitely not a person you would want to work with.

Interview Questions

• There was a communication gap between the recruiter and the Hiring Manager. The Hiring manager clearly was looking for someone with a DBA experience but it wasnt mentioned in the job description. Despite of having the skills in the job description the hiring manager failed to even acknowledge that and focused on the skills that were lacking. He kept talking about how he handled everything and just didnt sound interested from the get go. The Recruiter needs to communicate with the Hiring manager on what he is specifically looking for instead of gathering as many candidates as possible.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Forescout Technologies.

Interview

Company recruiting team reached out to me regarding this position, and I showed them my interest.

I had two separate interviews with Forescout Technologies. one of their senior engineers (#Mike Hefner) simply he do not know how to conduct a proper interview. He was asking about (protocols, technologies, tools) definitions. and never asked about my previous expertise, education, certification, what's my day to day duties, what I know and what I don't, etc...
    However, was making jokes and laughing an improper way during the interview if I am not sure about the (definitions) he was asking about. was really unprofessional at all.
    Seem like he don't know what they are hiring for, or they already hired someone else!!

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Forescout Technologies.

Interview

Slow, multi-step process. HR screen, followed by in-person with multiple team members including the hiring manager. Passive-aggressiveness and ankle-biting is the feel I'd describe, and seems to be a fostered culture.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation you were particularly proud of and why   Answer Question

Senior Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forescout Technologies (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Phone screen, followed by onsite.

The team did not have an idea what they are looking for except for a general concept of data engineering and seemed confused about skills required. Also one of the interviewers was quite rude and condescending, while asking rote memorization type questions.

Interview Questions

• SQL, Spark, DB Design, Coding (Data Structures and Algorithms), Conceptual - rote memorization type questions   Answer Question

TA Coordinator - Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forescout Technologies (Plano, TX) in May 2019.

Interview

Received an email to schedule time for recruiter to learn more about my exp. Spoke with recruiter the next day. Then scheduled for video interview with 2 other recruiters. Then, moved to onsite interview with VP's at their Plano office and a video interview later that day. I followed up with the initial recruiter the following day to thank her for speaking with me and arranging all the interviews. Following week was contacted for a time to speak. Received a call to say they went with another candidate that had more experience and that I was the runner-up.

With that said...I have seen the same role/position posted again, same title, job description, location, etc... Feel as though I wasted my time to accommodate to have so many interviews with so many different people, nonetheless...

Interview

The interview process was easy overall. I was offered the job pretty soon after my interview

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Forescout Technologies.

Interview

The hiring process is overboard at times. I had to interview with 8 people and all of them, with the exception of 2-3 people, were people I would not even closely work with on a daily basis. With so many people, the process is quite long and tedious and there were a ton of repetitive questions because everyone wants to know the same things.

Interview Questions

• General questions about previous work experience, how I handle conflict in work situations and testy coworkers.   Answer Question

Field Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Forescout Technologies.

Interview

Received a LinkedIn Inmail from a recruiter for the company asking if I would be interested in learning about the opportunity. I set up a call with him, and he immediately went into how he's been recruiting for 20 years (successfully) and specificly for cyber-security. Went over my experience and the opportunity details and he said he will follow up with me the next week with possbile next steps. I never heard from him that following week, so I followed up with him the next week via the InMail message he sent me. I see him then look at my LinkedIn profile, probably becuase he comepletely forgot who I was and that he was to follow up. Still haven't heard from him. I would expect more professionalism from someone who's been in the industry for 20 years and talked themselves up as much as he did. Although, after reading reviews of on this company it's probably a good thing to not move forward.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Forescout Technologies.

Interview

It started with HR phone screen, followed by hiring manager phone interview. After phone interview I was invited on site. There were two rounds of onsite interviews, each lasted 2 hours with 3 interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the right candidate for this job?   Answer Question