Fort Worth Star-Telegram Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fort Worth Star-Telegram Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Page Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fort Worth Star-Telegram (Fort Worth, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Upon getting to the building, I met with my main interviewer. After spending about 20 minutes with him discussing my resume and portfolio, I met with the person who would be my direct supervisor. After that, I met with about six other editors one-on-one, who told me about the processes of the paper and what was to be expected of me, if I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What was something that was difficult for you in your newspaper experience and how did you overcome that?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Interview

Average interview process...Interviews consisted of typical questions, resume review, some situational questions and how your precious experience applies. Know your resume and be prepared to discuss how you handled previous situations.

Copy Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fort Worth Star-Telegram (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Met with the copy desk chief who asked me a series of questions. It was a very comfortable setting from the moment I stepped into the newsroom. It was easy to be myself. I described my history as a reporter and copy editor. I also shared the areas where I would need guidance if offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for when you are copy editing a story?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Interview

There was a Phone interview, after the phone interview I scheduled an face to face interview, before being escorted to my interview I was asked to fill out an old over coppied application, the interview panel of three consisting of department manager, supervisor, and coordinator in a cramped cubical office, they emailed an offer in a matter of two to three days

Negotiation

No chance of negotiations.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by two in person meetings. Really cool manager with dedication to the company and a family like mentality to his hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Why shoud I hire you? Seems like a simle question, but the way it was asked caught you off guard. Then I was told to "sell me something" with no other guidelines.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fort Worth Star-Telegram in December 2012.

Interview

Interviewed for rotational AE position. Applied on a career website and was called back that day or the next morning (can't remember which). Initial call was very generic recruiting call--why do you want the position, where do you see yourself, some strengths and weaknesses. Set up the interview right then for a week later.

Interview Questions

• Questions were from a questionnaire and not too difficult. Only one, maybe two STAR questions. Asked questions and talked about position afterwards. Was given homework assignment to talk about sales approach to various, hypothetical clients. 2 angry, 2 satisfied, and 4 new business.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Fort Worth Star-Telegram (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2009.

Interview

The interviewing process was pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• What were the least enjoyable aspects of your last job?   1 Answer
    • What is the most difficult thing that you've ever accomplished   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate more salary.