Fortis College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fortis College Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Forty Fort, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fortis College (Forty Fort, PA).

Interview

Initial phone screen, followed by a one on one interview, group interview, then last interview was with the campus president. Standard basic interview questions were asked. The process entailed 5 interviews total

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fortis College (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

It was a group interview with 7 other candidates in the same setting. We all got the information about the company and then were told to stand up one by one describing ourselves and why we were the perfect fit.

Interview Questions

• Who knew this was a group interview?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dothan, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fortis College (Dothan, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

A series of three interviews, first was a group interview where I had to give a 5 minute presentation about myself in front of other applicants and a panel of three interviewers, then I was brought back for a more personal interview with campus President and dean of Admissions, and third interview was with the regional director of admissions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were part of a successful teams d what was it about the team that made them successful   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fortis College (Harrisburg, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

First, the initial phone interview with a corporate recruiter. Second, phone interview with the campus director. Campus Director then set up the appointment to come to the school for a face to face interview. Interviewed with both the DOA and the Director. The whole process to less than a week from start to finish. Once the interview was complete, it took another week for the decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe one success story that sticks with you.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fortis College (Baltimore, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

The person who interviewed me did not seem interested in talking to me nor did they go through a complete description of the job. They passed me off on the course of a couple of days just to see would I come back.

Nursing Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fortis College (Columbus, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me. I had numerous interviews. My first interview was with a small panel that included mostly directors and assistant directors. I was asked to complete a drug screen and background check at the completion. I was called several days later and asked to return to complete a 20 minute teaching presentation. I presented in front of approximately 10 faculty and 20 nursing students. Several days later, I received another call that they were very impressed by my teaching presentation and asked me to do a skills demo. I came back for a third time and "taught" IV insertion and Foley insertion. Again, I was told they were very impressed and asked me (again) to complete a background check and drug screen. I was told I had already completed them and they were both green lighted for hiring. The assistant dean told the dean was out of office but I should hear back in several days with a formal job offer. I never heard from them again and all attempts to call and e-mail have been ignored. It's been approximately 2 months since my final interview.

Interview Questions

• I was just asked about my history, how I got to where I am now, my job history, and why I am interested in this current position.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fortis College (Dayton, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a relaxed setting with the interviewer explaining the expectations of the job as well as a tour of the facility. There were not a series of scripted formal questions inquiring about hypothetical situations.

Nursing Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fortis College (Columbia, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

I was hired "on the fly" by an interim dean after a big lay-off partially due to small class sizes and low passing rates on specialty exams. The interview was short, to-the-point, and did not include many of the standard discipline-oriented questions. My salary request was met, therefore I was asked to teach 3 courses per quarter and the next quarter started one week after the interview. Orientation was per intranet and very little guidance was provided. There was no peer interview.

Interview Questions

• How many years of teaching experience do you have and in what field?   1 Answer

College Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fortis College in January 2015.

Interview

Phone screening, hiring manager and team in personal setting--- people were nice and professional. Open to questions and employee input for ideas and team-building. Interview process was helpful in understanding the organizational culture and gave me a good idea about if my skillset and personality was a good fit

Interview Questions

Interview

Applied online. Interviewed with DOA and Campus Director. After initial interviews, interviewed with regional director.The regional interviewed and I was called in to take a tour and then negotiated the salary. From that point, I submitted my salary requirements and they accepted.

Interview Questions

• Is your glass half empty ir half full.   1 Answer