Fortis College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Nursing Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fortis College (Columbus, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me. I had numerous interviews. My first interview was with a small panel that included mostly directors and assistant directors. I was asked to complete a drug screen and background check at the completion. I was called several days later and asked to return to complete a 20 minute teaching presentation. I presented in front of approximately 10 faculty and 20 nursing students. Several days later, I received another call that they were very impressed by my teaching presentation and asked me to do a skills demo. I came back for a third time and "taught" IV insertion and Foley insertion. Again, I was told they were very impressed and asked me (again) to complete a background check and drug screen. I was told I had already completed them and they were both green lighted for hiring. The assistant dean told the dean was out of office but I should hear back in several days with a formal job offer. I never heard from them again and all attempts to call and e-mail have been ignored. It's been approximately 2 months since my final interview.

Interview Questions

• I was just asked about my history, how I got to where I am now, my job history, and why I am interested in this current position.   Answer Question

Nursing Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fortis College (Columbia, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

I was hired "on the fly" by an interim dean after a big lay-off partially due to small class sizes and low passing rates on specialty exams. The interview was short, to-the-point, and did not include many of the standard discipline-oriented questions. My salary request was met, therefore I was asked to teach 3 courses per quarter and the next quarter started one week after the interview. Orientation was per intranet and very little guidance was provided. There was no peer interview.

Interview Questions

• How many years of teaching experience do you have and in what field?   1 Answer

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fortis College (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2018.

Interview

I submitted my resume to Fortis, and almost immediately received a phone call from the Regional Director of Admissions, who happened to be visiting the local college. The job posting said "Bachelor degree preferred." I let him know that I did not have a degree, and he let me know that my experience trumped a degree, and scheduled me for a F2F the next morning. I arrived to my appointment five minutes early, but the office I was to go to was locked. After waiting by the door for a few minutes, an instructor showed up and was able to let me in the office. The receptionist finally came out from a back office, and asked me what I was there for. After telling her I was there to interview, the Campus President came out, and again confirmed why I was there, and then disappeared into the back office. Finally, about 10 minutes after my scheduled interview, the CP came back out and told me that the person I was to interview with wouldn't be there that morning, but he would meet with me. He told me, as well, that experience trumped education, however, throughout our conversation, he kept insulting me by mentioning the fact that I was "uneducated." After we spoke for roughly 15 minutes, he ended the interview, and said that he had a meeting to go to, but that the Director of Admissions would be calling me to schedule another appointment. After not hearing from the DOA, I emailed the CP to inquire about the status of my next interview. He replied that the DOA had another "route" in mind, and that I would not be scheduled for another interview. The entire time I was at my original appointment, and after receiving the email from the CP, I feel like they never had any intention of seriously considering me for the position, and that my trip to their location was a complete waste of my time, and gas. The whole thing was handled very unprofessionally.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you graduate from college? (He seemed to dwell on the fact that I didn't have a degree. I don't know why I was scheduled for an interview, if having a degree was so important to the management).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fortis College (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview with direct supervisor first, then with the district admissions director. A phone screen is also done by recruiter.

Interview Questions

• This was not a difficult interview if you have sales experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fortis College (Orlando, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

Went through 3 interviews..1 with director, 1 with senior VP, and then sat down with a manager to review calls. Was told I would be offered the position by both the manager and director. Was told there would be an offer letter within a few days, only to be called back a week later to be told there was no budget to hire me.

Interview Questions

• Will ask sales related specific questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dothan, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fortis College (Dothan, AL) in August 2010.

Interview

Three part interview with Campus President, Regional VP, and Regional Admissions Director. This is done in person and by phone.

Interview

Applied online. Interviewed with DOA and Campus Director. After initial interviews, interviewed with regional director.The regional interviewed and I was called in to take a tour and then negotiated the salary. From that point, I submitted my salary requirements and they accepted.

Interview Questions

• Is your glass half empty ir half full.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fortis College (Greenwood Village, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews, an in person interview, and an online 10 minute test for personality and skill set. When I decided to no longer interview for the admissions role, I was then interviewing for an Online Advisor role which was a similar process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fortis College (Westerville, OH) in July 2018.

Interview

At first my experience seemed promising; I was contacted via Indeed email by an individual representing the college. She/he emailed after looking at my resume and was very interested to meet. We briefly emailed back and forth and settled on later that week. Once the day came, I arrived at the school and waited to meet w/ a panel of individuals. The interview went VERY well, which was followed by a campus tour. At the conclusion of the interview & tour (roughly 1.5 hours), I was told they had a few more interviews and I would hear from them in a week.

A week later, I received a call from one of the people that was in the interview...one of the employees who wasn't there in the panel interview wanted to meet with me. We met later that week! The interview went so well, I thought I'd be offered the position on the spot. I was escorted back to the main office where I had my background check done and they gave me directions for where to go to do my drug test. SUCCESS....or so I thought!

Before leaving, again I'm told it would be a week so I waited. After a week, I emailed to follow-up and make sure they had everything they needed as I also had to do an online assessment. With my application file complete, I wait and wait to hear about their decision. NO response. So I call and leave a voice message, again no response. I email my contact who I had been talking with through this whole process and basically say since they had not contacted me I assumed they went with other candidates and wished them well...only to receive a response, she/he was soo swamped and they had still not made a decision but they would by the end of week.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you, I still haven't heard from them. Such a waste of my time and their money. So unprofessional on so many levels. Just respond with a "No" I'm a big girl I can handle it.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fortis College (Greenwood Village, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

one face to face very informal interview then 2 phone interviews with upper management asking the same questions. Was very direct, nothing about it stood out.. was just an interview to fill the seats, wasn't like they were looking for an asset to add to the operation.

Interview Questions

• why would Fortis be a good place to work?   1 Answer