FortisBC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FortisBC Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2017

2.8

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FortisBC.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by HR for a screening interview. Two weeks later had an in person job interview with a panel and within 2 weeks received an offer. Only surprise was how long it took between applying and the first call from HR.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected - standard behavioural interview questions   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FortisBC.

Interview

It was friendly. There was a Human resource person, and a hiring manager. Both of them asked questions, and it took around one hour.
    The interview was in the first floor of the company building.
    They told me that they will contact me if I am a successful candidate or not.

SAP Basis Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FortisBC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Fortis BC knows me from many years and I have worked with Fortis Years back when I was with SAP AG. There was a formal interview with Basis manager and Basis Lead, They asked many questions regarding SAP upgrades, sizing, migrations, HANA experience etc..

Interview Questions

• SAP upgrade, solution manager upgrade and SSO   1 Answer

SAP Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FortisBC (Surrey, BC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview went very smooth, hiring manager very calm and patient. All questions were relevant with the job requirement. nothing more to be added. nothing more to be added .nothing more to be added

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FortisBC (Surrey, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Very professional, simple. HR contacted via email, then a phone call. Arrange for a meeting (conference call) with Technical Manager. Meeting was okay, HR was pleasant, Technical Manager quite aggressive and no-polite.

Interview Questions

• Need to list and name specific technical codes with proficiency   Answer Question

Energy Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FortisBC.

Interview

Hiring manager and HR personnel present. HR personnel was very unprofessional, kept on yawning and showed disinterest. Made the interview much harder to focus as the HR person was disengaged. I couldn't focus because now I felt pressure to answer the questions while trying to entertain the people in the room. I'm usually excellent with interviews but this was very disappointing.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FortisBC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

First time I applied for a job at FortisBC: after submitting the online application, I was contacted by someone in the HR with an email for an in person interview with the HR and the hiring manager. Following the interview I was given an offer letter which I had to decline due to a better job offer by another company. Second time I applied for a job at FortisBC: I was contacted by HR through email and they wanted to set a phone interview with the hiring manager and one of the senior engineers. Following the phone interview I was given an offer which I accepted.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FortisBC (Paris (France)) in February 2014.

Interview

Very well organised and fair. Only had to meet four or five people at most. No really hard questions. One of the questions was that one about how many oranges grow in the US, or how much juice was drunk or something. Google the answer to that one if you are interested, but I think it was just to see how you process and think.

Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FortisBC (Kelowna, BC (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

The interviewers were friendly and helpful during the process, but the recruiter was very unprofessional. When I was advised I did not get the job, the recruiter was very upbeat and laughed through her presentation of, "It was very close and you were a strong candidate, but we have decided to go with a someone else." I don't mind losing out on a job opportunity, but I objected to her gleeful tone in telling me I hadn't been chosen.

Interview Questions

• The interview process was based on a behavioural interview process and each department has their own questions specific to the position. One specific question asked was, "Can you remember a time when you have had difficulty in convincing your manager of a project or process. If yes, how did you approach the subject and were you successful?   Answer Question

Senior Manager, Contact Centre Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FortisBC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

I was asked to take a role as a senior manager of contact centre. I accepted happily. I have been involved in call centre work for most of my adult working life. I enjoy working with many people and feel I have much to offer as far as coaching and making sure people are set up for success.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate people.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a very desirable promotion.