Fortive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Fortive

2.9

Sort:

Leadership Development Program Interview

Interview

Applied on their website. First round interviews was via Skype with 2 managers from company. Second round was an on-site with senior managers. Final round was an on site with executive level . Exhausting processes. HR were rude.

Interview Questions

• One of the most creative things you ever did   2 Answers

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fortive (Portland, OR) in February 2018.

Interview

Met with 15 people over a two week period. Flown into town to meet 13 people and two over the phone. Was contacted during the process every day then after the 15th interview.. I was never called nor email on the status. Was not even told I did not get the job after being referred by the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How would I develop and create marketing campaigns   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fortive (State College, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a through and through behavioral questions. The interview was an hour long. A set of 5 questions was asked in the first half hour by one person and the same set of questions was asked by another person in the next half hour. The interview gets boring as the questions get repetitive.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a situation where you faced hardship and failed?   Answer Question

Entry Level Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fortive (Raleigh, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a rather long process, with two 45 minute interviews. The first one was with an engineer and the second was with someone from HR. They were both all behavioral questions. Prepare a couple experiences to speak on where you overcame adversity, conquered a goal, or did something different and you'll be fine. Wasn't too bad overall though, and the interviewers were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you approached a common problem/issue differently than anyone else had before?   Answer Question

Engineering Development-Full Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fortive (Raleigh, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Mostly behavioral. Two sets of interviews within 1 hour. First interview was friendly and wanted me to relax and just have a conversation. Consisted of 5 main questions all around your past experiences. The second interview was with a more technical person. Pretty much the same questions but they would ask you more technical questions regarding your answer. Still pretty lax though.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fortive (Everett, WA) in May 2019.

Interview

Referred to the position. Phone interview with CIO and then invited for in-person 5 in-person interviews on-site. 30min sessions on-site with each interviewer, with 2 over the phone while in office.

Interview Questions

• How would you be described by the people you've led in the past?   Answer Question
    • What has been your biggest failure? What were the impacts and what did you learn?   Answer Question
    • How do you work with a diverse, distributed team?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with aggressive timelines?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with difficult co-workers/team members?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with conflicting priorities?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fortive (Greensboro, NC) in November 2018.

Interview

Met fortive at the North Carolina A&T state university career fair. Scheduled an interview over the phone the next morning. Interview lasted about 30 mins, and it was mostly questions about my personality, no questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a different opinion than someone with authority over you and you turned out to be right   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fortive in April 2018.

Interview

I met them at a career fair, the interview was in 2 parts, HR and technical. It was 1 on 1 after nearly a month from applying online. Both are intervied by 1 person

Interview Questions

• What is your weakness?
      What is the difference between a functional and an object oriented programming language?
      What is the best white board that you can come up with?   1 Answer

HR Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basseterre (Saint Kitts and Nevis)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Fortive (Basseterre (Saint Kitts and Nevis)) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy. I was interviewed by several individuls separately. Interview seemed to be cast aside after I was hired and information was not used to aid in my onboarding.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a disagreement between myself and the Plant Manager.   Answer Question

FP&A Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fortive (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in July 2016.

Interview

Still haven´t got any feedback from the company. They didn´t call me or send any e-mail. I tried contact through phone and e-mail and got no answer. Neither the recruiting company nor Fortive gave me no feedback so I ´m not sure what happened, if the position was frozen, if I didn´t have the skills or if there was just someone more proper at the moment.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your past experiences?   1 Answer