Foster Farms Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 5, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Demopolis, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Foster Farms (Demopolis, AL) in August 2017.

Interview

a very long, but truthful process that changed my outlook on life and a job. leaving me very eager to start working at foster farm HR was very blunt and clear wit the rules and the system

Interview Questions

• do you have a problem wit working in cold conditions?   1 Answer

Packaging Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livingston, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Foster Farms (Livingston, CA).

Interview

I started by sending in my resume to HR, who promptly responded. I had a phone interview with the packaging engineer supervisor and after was called in for in-person interviews and meetings. I had an in-person interview with one of the current packaging engineers and met with a purchasing manager and recruiting manager (who was my main point of contact for the entire applying and interviewing process).

Overall, the interview process was smooth and accommodating. The process took longer than usual because I was applying for an opening months away.

Interview Questions

• Most technical questions were based off my resume. For example, I wrote "familiar with ASTM and ISTA standards", so they asked me "What do you know about ASTM and ISTA standards?"   Answer Question

SAP Position Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Foster Farms in January 2016.

Interview

After schedule the first phone interview Forster Farms rescheduled the interview two times with very short notice. It shows already how the treat applicants. After the interview Forster Farms never call back or provided any information via e-mail. It's almost impossible to reach somebody at Forster Farms via phone or via e-mail. I tried at least 10 times to call them but I only reached the operator and I got never another person direct on the phone. The interview was in January 2016 and there are still "looking" for a person. For me it looks like there are not the right person involved in the hiring process or the SAP manager is afraid to hire an really expert.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livingston, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Foster Farms (Livingston, CA).

Interview

The interview progress was rigorous. First, interviews on campus. Second, tour of the entire company. Third, lunch with management (managers/directors/VP's) throughout the organization. Fourth, dinner with management (managers/directors/VP's). Lastly, interviews with three individuals: two managers/directors from the area that you applied for and one interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go to work for Foster Farms?   1 Answer

IT Service Center Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livingston, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Foster Farms (Livingston, CA).

Interview

IT department requires an interview with each IT Manager. Very relaxing interviews. Each Manager will ask you questions that focus on their section of IT. Even though you applied for one job, they may offer you a different job based on recommendations from the Managers. They take their motto seriously. Honesty and Respect for other employees is important.

Interview Questions

• They want to know about you to see if you are a good fit with the other employees. Must be positive-oriented, inquisitive, excited about improving technology.   1 Answer

Field Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Foster Farms.

Interview

Panel interview with technical questions pertaining to specific job responsibilities. They're more concerned with your personality and how you will fit the culture and what kind of problem solver you are.

Interview Questions

• Lots of personality questions, and STAR format questions "Tell me a time when".   Answer Question

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Compton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Foster Farms (Compton, CA).

Interview

Pulled up to the gate. Called and had a guard come open the gate because one walked off when I had pulled up and never came back.

Did a 20 min interview inside a little shack. Basic questions, was told about the job and typical day at work, my availability, etc.

They seem to prefer Spanish or bilingual people. One thing I didn't like in particular was how they made it seem like I was gonna get the job.

One thing I liked was that they were courteous and called me back to tell me that the position was filled.

SAP Position Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foster Farms.

Interview

Foster Farms initially contacted me through email to set up an interview for an SAP position at their Livingston headquarters. I emailed back and was easily able to get a time to get interviewed.

My interviewer was very nice and easygoing but still kept on track. He asked me many different questions, ranging from my future plans to what some of my technical skills were. Overall, I was very impressed with their interview process.

Interview Questions

• He asked me about the Systems Development Life Cycle which I hadn't prepared to talk about. If I would have prepared better, I could have answered the question just fine.   Answer Question

Meat Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmerville, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foster Farms (Farmerville, LA) in July 2014.

Interview

its was professional but long even though they went through all of the rules about the job and everything about each department it took like two weeks for some people to get hire plus they gave us a lot of paperwork to do during the interview process it took 2 or 3 hours for the first interview process and another 1 or 2 or the second interview process

Interview Questions

• have i took any drugs for the past 30 days   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Interview

great experience. They thoroughly explained, and showed many aspects f the company to those of us interviewing. Visited the company headquarters as well as a hatchery, processing plant, and the original facilities.

Interview Questions

• journaling, and account analysis practical questions were a little bit difficult.   Answer Question