Foth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.8

Operations Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foth (Green Bay, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview starts out with simplified questions and a spread-sheet accustomed to examining a path of engineering/operations/MGMT experience. Then after your first successful interview, you speak with a Director. Make sure you understand the job description and have examples in your head.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you were in charge of resolving conflict and what did you do.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in De Pere, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Foth (De Pere, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

It takes months to get feedback. First there was a phone screen, which was not very productive. Then there was an onsite interview. They really like themselves, but are starved for talent and leadership. I did not see one person that was a leader, but rather a lot of 'yes' men. This group does not have diversity at all, but quite the opposite.
    I was supposed to be interviewing for a Resource Center Manager role. Instead, after numerous interviews and a whole day in the 'shadow' program, I was told that I would be a great Resource Center Manager, but not a Client Team Leader. When I asked about what specifically the feedback was, I was given nothing. I am not sure exactly how they developed this process, but I would recommend staying away from this group unless you need a job.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Foth (Green Bay, WI).

Interview

The interview process was intriguing and requires passing through two phone screens and an on-site interview. Their claim to being great interviewers was not well founded and I found the individuals were unsure which position they were interviewing, current or future role. The individuals conducting the interview were not as professional as I had expected and the questions did not align with the judgment scale that was being conducted.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable giving presentations?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Foth (Green Bay, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

A very positive experience. Thoughtful and thorough questions and presentation of information. Was able to meet with a representative cross section of the firm members including production through upper management. A tour of a very impressive work environment was helpful. HR involvement was organized and informative. Growth potential was clear and the role was well explained.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider as a highly valuable attribute that best applies to the position?   1 Answer

Technical Support Mechanical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Foth (Green Bay, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

My interview included multiple phases, beginning with phone interviews and ending with an on-site interview and tour with multiple team members. The interview were fairly relaxed. It primarily focused on my past experiences and the knowledge I gained from them, as well as the skill set that I could contribute to the company. Everyone was very welcoming and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What was I hoping to gain in experience, if offered the position?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Foth (Saint Paul, MN) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process started with me being contacted by a recruiter via Linkedin. I received a call from Foth HR in order to review my resume and get additional information. This conversation lasted about an hour with me asking my own questions about the company and trying to drill down into exactly what they were looking for in the position. Seemed to go o.k. Found out the position was based in Green Bay or St. Paul.

After the conversation with HR, I received a call from the recruiter. They wanted to set up a technical interview but Foth wasn't sure I wanted to move forward because I didn't sound enthusiastic and bubbly enough while talking with HR. I indicated that I would like to set up the technical interview.

The technical interview day came and I spoke with one Senior Manager, a Design Engineer and a Project Manager. Their organization is very flat. There are Engineers, PM's and then a couple of levels of corporate managers. I realized right away that this would be a position that a person enters and then all hopes of advancement are dead. The design engineer and Senior Manager seemed nice and down to earth. The PM believed in walking on water.

For many of us in the industry, we design and build because we are often the only engineering resource to the plants that we service. The Foth model is extremely compartmentalized. One is either a draftsman, a designer or a project manager. Each do their part and throw the project over the fence to the next person. For many industries, this way of doing things is a luxury because of the resources and # of people needed. They couldn't quite wrap themselves around the idea that a person can be responsible for a project from inception through commissioning. It just didn't compute! When asked whether I wanted to be a designer or a project manager, I replied that I am capable of doing both and didn't have a strong preference either way. At this point, I realized that the job description I had been given was vague. While presented in a general way as a project position, they specifically wanted a design engineer. My response was interpreted as "not being enthusiastic about working for Foth".

After the technical interview I was asked for a follow up phone call with HR and the Senior Manager who was part of the technical interview. The purpose of which was to discern how enthusiastic I was about working for Foth.

At this point in the game, I didn't want to talk to them anymore. The whole situation had become akin to a teenage girl who keeps on asking you if you like her during the duration of the first date. I just wanted them to go away.

I haven't heard from them since..............

Interview Questions

• Are you excited about moving to Minnesota?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Foth (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview was extremely laid back with a project manager and engineer. After a long discussion with the more technical side of the company, I was able to talk to someone from their corporate office about how the overall internship process goes. Overall everyone was extremely friendly and definitely gave off a great impression in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked me in detail about my previous experiences, and college curriculum. Some times where I dealt with adversity and how I overcame that adversity. Pretty standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Chose a different experience as I thought it was a better fit.

Lead Packaging Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foth (Green Bay, WI) in July 2013.

Interview

It started with the online process and then went to a cold call from a Foth recruiter. Foth has 4 full time recruiters that are very good. I then had phone screens by a panel and then on to interviews in Green Bay WI. It was an enjoyable experience and I never felt like I was in front of a firing squad.