Fractal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fractal Interview Questions

Interviews at Fractal

3.2

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fractal.

Interview

Phone call -> hackerrank test -> final round -> hr round. The interview was difficult but the interviewers were great professionals. They always looked to help out and get the best out of the candidate. Fractal has great people. But overall the hiring process was very slow. Human Resource people can do a better job of following up and providing updates to the candidates.

Interview Questions

• How can you reduce overfitting of a random forest model?   1 Answer

Jul 15, 2020 – Human Capital Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience in the interview process. While it is good to see that you felt the experience was positive overall, it is also clear there were areas where we could have done better and where we can work to improve. Congratulations on the offer. We look forward to your joining!

Cloud Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fractal.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter who scheduled interview after. I never actually had the interview, the calendar invite was cancelled and I never heard from anyone about why. Phone call and email weren't returned.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fractal (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

It started with an HR call about my background, why new job, salary expectation and some BQ. Then I received a coding test which contained 6 questions in Python and SQL. The camera is on and it's pretty intense. Need to think about some questions and I spent 2 hours on that. Then I had several rounds of interviews, involving ML, coding, projects I did, etc. Overall it's a smooth process.

Interview Questions

• regression, classification, ROC, RF, bagging, boosting, unsupervised learning, lots of ML questions   1 Answer
    • SQL, leetcode medium to hard level   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

It started with some Utterly useless technical test - programming. I think they are just trying to act smart which probably they are not as the test is for software engineer and not a data scientist.
    Don't waste your time applying here.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fractal (New York, NY) in September 2019.

Interview

hiring process started with a hackerkrank coding test post which 3 rounds of interview, first one is telephonic and rest were Skype based after clearing these 3 rounds another HR round was scheduled.
    Coding was 90 min long 4 questions one was based on SQL.
    First two rounds were technical where basic knowledge and understanding about concepts in data engineering is evaluated. Second round had one coding question where logical approach is checked to solve a problem within defined time complexity.
    3rd round was managerial round where questions were asked about the work contribution done in the various project and will evaluate if you are also best fit with organization values and ethics.

Interview Questions

Fractal Response

Oct 1, 2019 – Senior Manager - Human Capital

Thank you for sharing a review of your experience interviewing with Fractal, and for your commitment to the process. We are really excited & thrilled to know that the recruiting process helped lead you to a decision to join us. Many Congrats & welcome on board

Principal Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fractal.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR, then a phone interview with the Hiring Manager. During that time, I was verbally received a case study. I was used a week to prepare the case study in PPT (essentially a proposal/pitch). Then after multiple attempts to schedule the case presentation, I finally presented the case study to a different colleague (who had not secured a conference room and had to switch rooms while I presented on video). After a month, I still have not heard back on the results of my case (not even an automated decline).

Big Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fractal (New York, NY).

Interview

The communication was very prompt for all the 6rounds of interview.
    1st- online coding test, 2nd -Technical,3rd-Technical,4th-Discussion with the Big Data head,5th-HR discussion, 6th-Online Aptitude test. All of these rounds were either Telephonic/Skype which made the process more comfortable without the travel overhead.

The whole experience was worthwhile especially the Technical Discussions.Questions were primarily on the architecture and concepts of Spark,Yarn,Hadoop and Scala.

Interview Questions

Fractal Response

Jun 21, 2019 – Manager - Human Capital

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback regarding your experience with Fractal. We are so pleased to hear the process was a positive one for you. Congrats on the offer and welcome to the family!

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fractal.

Interview

The process started through a recruiter who had me take an online coding test consisting of SAS and SQL questions. The next step was two phone interviews, one with a hiring manager and the other was a technical interview with a member of their analytics team. Both interviewers were respectful and helpful, though the technical interviewer seemed to have questions that were not very relevant to the position. Finally there were two more phone interviews, that were both fairly helpful and respectful.

Interview Questions

• How would you create a year-to-date column for sales using SQL joins?   Answer Question

Feb 8, 2019 – Manager - Human Capital

We appreciate you sharing this review of your experience in the interview process with Fractal. We are extremely pleased to know that you found our interviewers to be respectful & helpful which gave us an opportunity to showcase our people and culture. Thank you again for the valuable feedback!

Congratulations on the offer & welcome!

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fractal (San Francisco, CA) in December 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to apply for the Senior Data Scientist role in the San Francisco Bay area. The interview consisted of HR screen followed by a Hackerrank test that lasted an hour. After the test, I spoke to one of their Principal Data Scientists who was ncie and professional during the interview, asking me details about my work and a few other technical questions. I was then told that there will be another technical screen with their Lead Data Scientist in New Jersey.

This is when the whole process derailed. Their Lead Data Scientist was 10+ minutes late for the interview and was often combative during the call. He would ask me open-ended technical questions and while I tried to answer those, he would interrupt me by saying things like 'don't waste my time' or 'I don't want to listen to that'. I have interviewed with 7 different organizations during the month of December 2018 and this was the worst interview among all. Really left a bad impression about Fractal Analytics. Never seen such an unprofessional and rude interviewer. Says a lot about the work culture of the organization if this is how their team leads behave.

I ended up getting 4 different job offers in December and accepted a position at 1.5 times the salary in Los Angeles which is much cheaper than the bay area.

Interview Questions

• The hacker rank challenge had questions about basic python/pandas skills.   1 Answer
    • The interviewer asked details about k-means clustering   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fractal (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

It was a great experience. Had 4 rounds of discussion. 3 technical and 1 HR discussion. All of them were quite pleasant experience and at no point it felt that I was appearing for an interview. The overall coordination was also quite excellent with Rachna, she was pretty impressive while co ordinating the entire process.

Interview Questions

Fractal Response

Nov 5, 2018 – Manager - Human Capital

Thank you for the feedback! We're pleased to hear the recruiting team was able to facilitate a helpful and organized process for you, and that it all resulted in your decision to join Fractal ! We're equally excited to have you working for Fractal - congrats, and welcome!