Franz Family Bakery Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.3

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Franz Family Bakery (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Did a walk through and interview was no longer than 10 min after. Got odfered a job on the spot, they are desperate. You cannot do this job if you are slow paced and dont like the heat, or hard work.

Bakery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Franz Family Bakery (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied then was called back and scheduled an interview for a week later. Went and interviewed at location in Seattle. Sat down with a woman from HR and was asked several questions and then was given business card.

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Franz Family Bakery (Eugene, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

In depth tour of the facility and equipment. Hair nets and ear plugs are provided. Math test and interview followed directly after. The process was conducted by 3 managers and HR. After tour of facility, HR manager oversaw math quiz with no use of any aids during test. Interview followed directly after with 2 managers in back office room.

Interview Questions

• What former experience has trained you to be effective in this position? And how do you do in a faced paced environment?   Answer Question
    • What would your current employer say about you if asked?   Answer Question
    • How is your attendance and tardiness record?   Answer Question
    • What shifts are you willing to work? And if not why?   Answer Question
    • Name something unsafe you have seen in the workplace and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Shipping Checker Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Franz Family Bakery.

Interview

Hr called and set up interview. Week later I went in for interview and it was with two people. Asked basic questions amd nothing tricky. Interviewers were friendly and answered all questions I had.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult problem you have dealt with in a day of work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, set wages.

Human Resources Assistant/Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Franz Family Bakery (Seattle, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

Very professional, organized process. I have had many interviews in my career and have never walked out feeling so good about the process as I did at Franz. Even though I did not get offered the position I have a positive feeling about the company. If the candidate they chose did not work out and they called me I would be happy to accept the position.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions, very easy interview.   Answer Question

Sanitor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Franz Family Bakery in May 2013.

Interview

One interview. Simple questions about my past work experience. There was a drug test and physical checkup on my first day of work. I had to take another surprise drug test a month or two later but they didn't send in again after that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Union position on set pay grade.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Franz Family Bakery (Portland, OR) in April 2013.

Interview

Found a job listing online, went to the main office to fill out a paper application as the listing instructed, then got a call the next week even though I was told it would take two to three weeks. I went to the depot where I was to be interviewed, waited for the two customers in front of me to finish, and had the cashier lead me to the office in the back. I was told it would be more like a casual conversation but it was definitely a typical interview. My interview was on a Friday. I was told that I would hear from them by the end of the next week if I got the job.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Franz Family Bakery (Seattle, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

Interview with depot manager on one day. Then you have to make a trip to the Seattle office and tour the bakery, watch videos, and do paperwork. Then drive to a little clinic in Lynnwood or somewhere where you do a physical ability test (super simple) and give a urine sample.

Interview Questions

• Where have you worked before?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. Union sets the starting wage at 14.60 for Merchers, with full benefits if you go over 80/hrs a month.

RSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Franz Family Bakery (Seattle, WA) in August 2011.

Interview

It was fairly easy... the interview consisted of questions mainly about your physical capabilities and how well you can get along with managers in accounts. They talk to you about what the job consists of; ordering product for store selling in displays, loading your truck in the early am,usually between midnight and 2:00 am, rotation of product and pulling stale product for the thrift store and unloading/consolidating trays and day old bread off of the truck at days end- extremely stressful job, both physically and mentally.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disappointed/angry customer   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Franz Family Bakery.

Interview

Application and interview process was a little difficult - all hiring is officially handled through the state employment agency who told me I wasn't qualified and sent me away. I contacted the sales supervisor through the salesman who serviced where I was working before and was allowed to fill out an application. Interview process was pretty standard.