Freedonia Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Freedonia Group Interview Questions

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Freedonia Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freedonia Group (Mayfield, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

First, there was a brief phone interview explaining the process, then I went in to take a test. That was as far as I got. I apparently didn't do well on the test, though aside from the ping pong question (how many ping pong balls would it take to fill the cubicle) I didn't find it that difficult, but I expect that telling the HR chick that the Myers-Briggs assessment they had me fill out online after their test was the social science equivalent of astrology probably didn't help either.

Interview Questions

• What is the capital of Germany?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freedonia Group (Cleveland, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

You are placed in a room by yourself and given a test on both general knowledge and basic economic skills, and are given 25 minutes for each test. After this, you are given a stack of research information and asked to prepare a one to two page document analyzing and summarizing the information provided to you. No personal interaction occurs through this process - they do not care about your social skills whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• Who is the current secretary of state?   1 Answer

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Freedonia Group (Cleveland, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process makes a lot of sense - they first bring you in to take a test, which gauges proofreading ability, includes logic/math problems, and concludes by having you write a short report based on some documents/charts. If the test goes well, they will bring you back in for an interview, and have you meet with a few different people (I met with three).

Industry Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freedonia Group.

Interview

Came in, took a test with slight quantitative questions and out-of-date logic puzzles. Spoke with current employees as the CEO. Seemed like good people. We mostly talked about our interests and these seemed to be more about getting to know me as a person whereas the tests were about skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no flexibility on negotiating a salary.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Freedonia Group (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Initial phone screen; analytical testing; follow up by in-person interviews with 3 people from the company - each with a different set of questions. The overall process was a mix of behavioral and case-style interviews.

Interview Questions

• Please provide examples of...problem solving, analysis, teamwork, etc,

How would you answer this analytical question? Limited information provided and candidate intended to walk through solution   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Freedonia Group.

Interview

Behaviorial interview plus technical assessment. Plus they have a consulting-like skills assessment. Takes about 45-60 min. Very casual. Discussion-y. Assessed background, capabilities and enthusiasm for position. Hiring process was slow. Waited a long time for decision.

Interview Questions

• Please complete the skills assessment. Tell me about yourself. Give me an example of previous adversity.   1 Answer
    • How did you approach a problem?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Freedonia Group (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

After waiting a couple weeks I was given a pre-screen interview by the HR manager discussing the company, positions being considered, and the onsite test. The onsite test was a combination of logic problems, math problems, grammar/spell checking a document, and an essay based on some provided research. A week after the test, I received a letter letting me know I would not be invited in for an interview. Given what others said, I likely did not do well enough on the aptitude test, which can be mostly chalked up to nerves more than anything else.

I will echo what others have said about the place being extremely quiet. Even the front secretary seemed pretty anti-social. Still not sure what to make of that, honestly.

Interview Questions

• Who is the current Secretary of State?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Freedonia Group.

Interview

Received a phone call and discussed job roles, was invited for a pre-screening test. The test was mostly logic and math/quantitative skills. I had to submit my recent test scores (SAT, ACT, GRE) along with the application. Walking into the building, which isn't huge, you can see people working in cubicles all over but the only thing I heard was the distant sound of a copier. No one was talking, at all. The only words I heard the entire time were from the HR rep. Received a rejection letter in the mail a week after the test

Interview Questions

• What is the capital of Germany?   1 Answer
    • How many golf balls would fit in the room you are in?   Answer Question
    • The amount of algae on a pond doubles in size every day. If the pond is completely covered after 48 days, how many days did it take for the pond to be half covered?   1 Answer

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freedonia Group.

Interview

It seemed like no one knew what job I was applying for -- ended up interviewing three times for three different positions, none of which matched my application or resume qualifications. This was after taking a test that I was told after-the-fact I did poorly on, but then told I aced in the three actual interviews.

Interview Questions

• Calculating the number of tires sold annually.   1 Answer

Custom Research Analyst Interview

Interview

Started out with a math and general knowledge test. The math wasn't too difficult just basic arithmetic. The harder questions were how many golf balls fit into the room you're in and how many tires are bought each year. General knowledge questions were what's the capital of Germany and who is the secretary of the state.