Freelancer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.7

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Freelancer (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Being hired at freelancer takes about 2 - 3 hrs after applying for a job(if you were lucky)
    The clients ask you questions regarding the project and how you will tackle it. If you fail to convince the client that you are fit to work for them then you are ruled out.

Some 'bad' clients approach you to discuss job and then disappear for days, leaving you hanging.
    This has happened to me a couple of times.

Interview Questions

• Q. When will you complete this work?   2 Answers
    • Q. What makes you think you are fit for this job.   2 Answers

Negotiation

I had a moment when a client did not acknowledge my expertise so I had to spent a lot of time convincing him.

My advice: If a client takes your time by asking you non-related questions, call it a day and move on.

Freelancer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freelancer (Miami, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Very attentive and fun interesting and relaxed. need to prepare well enough to get the position. Dress professionally and communicate well . Stay confident and be humble. Be on time and do research.

Owner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Freelancer (Orlando, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Quick telephone interview nothing out of the ordinary, asked basic questions and had to come up with a business plan to present in order to be approved for the business.

Digital Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freelancer (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Companies will either reach out to you or you can reach out to them with proposals. There's a lot of other people in your field on the site as well, so make sure to really sell yourself to potential clients. Be specific when addressing the exact needs you're going to fulfill while workings as a freelancer for their company.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Freelancer (Des Plaines, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a good interview, we had to learn what we wanted from each other. I passed the first interview over the phone, then I met the manager in person. It was very last minute. The only problem is they did not want social media as part of their marketing plan, and that is where we did not agree on the same vision. So I knew it was not the place for me.

Interview Questions

• What kind of plan did I have for their company.   1 Answer

Na Interview

Interview

no process to describe. horrible interview and would not interview againno process to describe. horrible interview and would not interview again.no process to describe. horrible interview and would not interview again

Film Trailer Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Freelancer (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Our business is very casual. T-shirts and shorts are the norm; my last interview was at a Starbucks and it was a fun experience. The two owners were very friendly and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was negotiating. I was hired on the spot.

Interview

I work via the Guru.com web site. This is a paid site. You join as a freelancer of any type, from writer to data input to artist, etc. You must pay a fee for any job you do get. Jobs are bid on with the employer deciding who gets the job.

Interview Questions

• None. There is no interview process. But you must write up a professional page about yourself and a resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. This is a fixed fee to join and you fix your own prices after that.

Asset Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Freelancer (Los Gatos, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Recruiter found my resume posted. I have worked with this recruiter before. Recruiter emailed me and said hiring mangaer wants to interview you today in 3 hours. I had a good interview. Second interview is pending.

Interview Questions

• He asked if I had experience wiht HP Asset Management.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not disucss salary in first interview. We discussed tasks, match potential, company project I would be working on .

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Freelancer (Buffalo, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

the process took about a few months since February, 2012 and still on the process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

still processing the documentations