French Connection Interview Questions | Glassdoor

French Connection Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.5

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at French Connection in December 2013.

Interview

Meet with a senior official in the office; extremely nice. It felt more like a conversation than an interview which I loved. Very clear on what was needed to be done in the store and what the expectations were

Negotiation

I was able to negiotiate a higher salary; vice president was very fair

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at French Connection (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Interview process through in-person questions and a psychological test. The first portion was in-person meeting with store manager then there was a personality/psychological test that was very long. All scantron questions about situations in daily life and how you would handle these.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Central Valley, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at French Connection (Central Valley, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

Describe a time when you had to speak to an employee about their non acceptable performance?
    Why do you want to work for French Connection?

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you gave exceptional customer service.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non existent

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at French Connection (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2009.

Interview

I was already an employee of French Connection when I applied for this position. Since I had informed Management on my interest in managing, when an Assistant Manager position became available in one of the neighboring stores was asked if i wanted to interview with the Regional Manager and i was glad too. 3 days later when she was in town, I met up with her and the Store Manager and was pleasantly surprise on the great personality they both had, I never felt uncomfortable nor like i was being tested. They asked a lot of questions about my job history and some personal questions to get to know me. Right away, i was asked to approve a background check and if that returned clean they would be delighted to have me work with them. 3 days later i received a call from the Store Manager to tell me that i had passed the background check and wanted me to start right away.

Interview Questions

• What Qualities would I be Bringing to the company   1 Answer

Negotiation

I never negotiated since I was already working for the company and my raise was going to be more than $4 per hour, I was happy. For future interviewers, Never be over confident, they like people that are down to earth and that are proud of what they do.

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at French Connection (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I was approached by FC in regards to attending an interview for this role after I approached them regarding work experience the previous month.
    My interview was the following week. I was interviewed by one person which I had never had before (except in retail) and it was clear from the beginning I was not what they were looking for. After being asked an array of obsure personal and somewhat discriminatory questions the person interviewing me left for a short moment and returned with the head of the department to chat with me. Again he asked me some obsure questions, half barely related to the role or myself!
    When I first entered the interview I was told it should last for 20 minutes. After 50 minutes of interrogation I was finally set free and told I would be contacted over the next couple of days, if I was accepted onto the stage. I have never felt so uncomfortable in an interview before, I wish the ground could have swallowed me up!
    The starting salary was also £15k which when I questioned if this was low I was told no (I know this is low especially for London as I have attended many entry level interviews starting at £18k - this role also asked for 1 year experience in industry!)
    It's safe to say I wasn't asked back for the second interview stage! Seems an appalling company to work for and their ethics are astounding!!

Interview Questions

• Do you have dyslexia?
      What job roles do your friends from university do?
      Did it take your friends long to find jobs?
      What does your boyfriend do?
      Is your boyfriends job permanent?
      What do you do in your spare time?
      Could you do this role?
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at French Connection (Leicester, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I came in to the store to hand in my CV and received a call back a day or two after. It was your standard retail job interview with the manager and/or the deputy. Whilst waiting to be interview I was instructed to pick an outfit fit for a woman who is going to a Christmas party. I then had to reason why I chose what I chose. Then the questioning began right after. The interview probably took about 45 minutes. I was offered the job a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why French Connection?
      What's your biggest weaknesses/strengths?
      How would you handle a difficult customer?
      Why would you be suitable for this job?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at French Connection (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a task to dress someone (could be anyone you wanted), out of a set of clothes they already had. You had to explain the reasoning behind all your choices. Then to present your thoughts on what is good customer service.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at French Connection (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

1 2 1 interview in their headquarters on an assessment day.
    A lot of candidates waiting but fortunately only one interviewer assigned per candidate.
    Interview started with half an hour delay but I was happy I was invited by my name as if they were waiting for me.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at French Connection.

Interview

Got an email for an interview. Was a group one 8 people was very chill. But just not much opportunity to speak and show yourself. Had to speak to others and introduce one other person to the group then just speak about a piece of clothing

Interview Questions

• Introduce your partner   Answer Question
    • Tell me about this new piece from our clothing like tell us what you'd suggest they wear it with and where to   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at French Connection (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

I went into the store and handed in my cv next morning I got a phone call asking to come in for an interview.

I had my interview yesterday I don't know if I have the job yet.