FreshDirect Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.7

Supply Planning and Logistics Analyst Level II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FreshDirect (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

First step was phone interview for about 30 minutes then in person interview with 4 different staff members for about 2 hours. I got the feeling the position was already filled halfway through the interview

Interview Questions

• Tell us about you? Why freshdirect? How did you handle a supplier who supplied the wrong items? Tell you what you know about inventory and planning. I got the feeling the position was already filled halfway through the interview   Answer Question
    • The interviewers came in one after the other asking different questions like what are your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question
    • Nothing too difficult   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FreshDirect (Telephone, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

2 interview rounds.
    Initial round was a recorded video interview round with questions more of behavioral.
    Second round with hiring manager.
      Questions are more about your resume and your past experience.

Interview Questions

• Q. Basic behavioral questions   1 Answer

Sr Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FreshDirect (Long Island City, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview Process was very fast since the requirement was urgent. Timing from Initial Phone Screen to offer Letter was 4 weeks. There was Initial Phone screen with recruiter, Hiring manager and then finally the on site interview. The onsite interview was 1/2 a day and was continuous back to back. they paid for the hotel and travel expenses.

Interview Questions

• How adapative are you with changing needs of the organization   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FreshDirect.

Interview

The interview was very basic and went very smooth. Everyone was super helpful and nice. Overall it was a great experience and I would definitely recommend for people to apply. They asked about my background, work experience, what I wanted to learn, and what I was interested in. It was a good process.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FreshDirect (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was later sent an email stating my application was being shown to hiring managers. I was later asked to complete a questionnaire online, After completing pre-screen questionnaire I later received a generic email stating they would be considering other candidates. Company clearly doesn't consider any value in hiring veterans even when you meet the prerequisites stated in the job posting, so veterans don't bother applying. They have no human approach to their recruiting process. And therefore I will no longer be a customer, nor will anyone that I have any influence over.

Interview Questions

• salary expectations
      why freshdirect "be elaborate"
      what skills or qualities/assets can you bring to the table
      are you willing to be flexible with schedule
      why are you looking for a new job
      Answer Question

Cross Dock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FreshDirect (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview was well structured. The recruiter and hiring manager were both attentive and professional. They explained what the decided to details of the job and described the culture. The compensation is not what I thought it would be. I decided to recommend a few people that would be good for this job. Just not for me.

Interview Questions

• How do you function in a fast paced environment?   1 Answer

Pay is low.

Produce Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at FreshDirect in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online got called for an open house and a second interview and as of now im going to a third interview. Hoping i get hired as soon as possible

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple and to the point

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FreshDirect (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

Was about a week but interviewer went for mine transferd to N.Y. things might be different now but will and Paul work with you and relate will with staff you sat in a room with the interviewer he does the standard routine and if hired you are trained in the meeting room on the diad it's pretty quick

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FreshDirect (Long Island City, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Over 6 weeks of phone interviews, emails back and forth, filling out questionaire online , interview at corporate with HR then 2 hour interview at other Long Island City building with 3 people. Very long and drawn out. Had to email them to finally find out if I was still being considered and then was sent email back.

Interview Questions

• Name an incident you had with a customer that stands out   Answer Question

Merchant Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FreshDirect.

Interview

Applied online and received an via email from HR with a few questions for me to answer for them to decide if they wanted to bring me in for an in-person interview. In-person interview took about 3 hours, and HR said she would follow up with me within a week. I followed up several times after, but HR never got back to me. Rude. Inconsiderate. Unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to decrease cost of product when negotiating with vendors?   Answer Question