Fresno County Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 27, 2017

2.6

Social Worker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fresno County (Fresno, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Took a test with over 150 people. About a week and a half later got an email stating my place on the list. (3rd). About 3 days later I received an email for an interview. Interviews a week later. Didn’t receive ca for another couple weeks. From interview to start date it took 2 months. So don’t get discouraged. I initially did because of the very slow process. Could be shorter or longer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself? If you were called to a hospital where a child had bruises and marks, what would you do? Everything else pretty general for interviews. Where would you like to be placed? Do research if you care where you want to go. Don’t be afraid to ask what departments have openings.   Answer Question

Legal Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fresno County (Fresno, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Email response within a week of application. Step one was testing, which was no more than 50 people. Got email of results within a week. Received interview time via email within a few days of that. Interview was about 10 minutes, if that. Basically, it was 3 people who asked everyone the same 5 questions and wrote my answers down on their pre-printed paper. Then I was asked if I had any questions.

After 2 weeks I received an email giving instructions for my background check. After collecting the neccesary documents, I emailed them back to set up an appointment with the background investigator, which was within a couple days. Fingerprinting was to be done at police station prior to meeting with investigator. Background check took less than 2 weeks.
    From application to hire date, the process took about/ just over 2 months.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall exactly what the questions were but they were all common interview questions. Nothing that would stump anyone that's prepared.   1 Answer

Eligibility Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fresno County (Fresno, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview. Given forms to fill out. Never asked any questions only the description of pay, and that we will work for a whole month before receiving out first paycheck. Also told us where we would go for our 2 day orientation.

Child Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fresno County (Fresno, CA).

Interview

After you take the exam, they contact the candidates with the highest scores. Interview is easy just tell them what they want to hear, and agree with their philosophies. Tell them you can do the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No they do allow/ entertain negotiations as informed by their rude HR kristen the fritz

Office Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fresno County (Fresno, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

You will be emailed a date, time and location for your interview. I had a 2-person panel. One of those people was to be my direct supervisor, and the other, his direct supervisor. They handed me a list of 10 questions that they were going to ask me. It turns out that this is generally how it's done by the County for whatever position you are interviewing for. They gave me a couple of minutes to review it. Then they took turns asking questions, and giving me an opportunity to answer. At the end, they asked if there was anything else I wanted to add or say. This is a person's opportunity to upsell themselves! Take it! Otherwise you will simply be thanked and shown the door. So, you show up for the interview, get your list of questions and look them over, and then have an opportunity to answer. It is all very low pressure. It wasn't a stressful interview at all.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of how you handle conflict in the workplace.   Answer Question
    • How would you rate your expertise with Microsoft Excel: beginner, intermediate, or expert?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have with scanning documents? What hardware & software did you use?   Answer Question

General Detection Trapper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fresno County (Fresno, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had to take a test that places you by grade, then I was called for an interview. In the interview there was a panel for a couple different positions. Then took another exam after the interview.

Interview Questions

• If I had any experience driving in fields?   1 Answer

SPA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fresno County (Fresno, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Required a computer based task and several pre-selected questions. There were two people conducting the interview that turned out to be the two Senior SPAs. They did well to help keep me calm and reassure me along the way. No trick questions, very low stress situation.

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fresno County (Fresno, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Before you get an interview you must take an exam. The highest scores get an interview. A panel interview consisting of three supervisors and personnel is present. Each ask a question. I applied twice. The first time I gave my life story. The second time I interviewed...my responses where to the point and concise.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a senior was at the hospital and she was dehydrated, naked, with marks and bruises on her wrists who was in critical condition but was expected to live.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question

Office Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fresno County (Fresno, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by several departments within the county before my interview with the Department of Child Support. Interviewed by two people in child support. Managers and co-workers all personable and with a great sense of humor. These are two great traits to have in this particular department, which was the chief reason I accepted the position.

Interview Questions

Interview

Only available to current permanent employees. Must pass a test and score high enough for an interview. Will interviewed with a panel consisting of deputy directors or program managers.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you are a new supervisor and you have 3 new employees, one on a leave of absence?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation as it is a civil service job.