Fresno County Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 20, 2017

2.8

Eligibility Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fresno County (Fresno, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview. Given forms to fill out. Never asked any questions only the description of pay, and that we will work for a whole month before receiving out first paycheck. Also told us where we would go for our 2 day orientation.

Child Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fresno County (Fresno, CA).

Interview

After you take the exam, they contact the candidates with the highest scores. Interview is easy just tell them what they want to hear, and agree with their philosophies. Tell them you can do the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No they do allow/ entertain negotiations as informed by their rude HR kristen the fritz

General Detection Trapper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fresno County (Fresno, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had to take a test that places you by grade, then I was called for an interview. In the interview there was a panel for a couple different positions. Then took another exam after the interview.

Interview Questions

• If I had any experience driving in fields?   1 Answer

SPA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fresno County (Fresno, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Required a computer based task and several pre-selected questions. There were two people conducting the interview that turned out to be the two Senior SPAs. They did well to help keep me calm and reassure me along the way. No trick questions, very low stress situation.

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fresno County (Fresno, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Before you get an interview you must take an exam. The highest scores get an interview. A panel interview consisting of three supervisors and personnel is present. Each ask a question. I applied twice. The first time I gave my life story. The second time I interviewed...my responses where to the point and concise.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a senior was at the hospital and she was dehydrated, naked, with marks and bruises on her wrists who was in critical condition but was expected to live.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question

Office Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fresno County (Fresno, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by several departments within the county before my interview with the Department of Child Support. Interviewed by two people in child support. Managers and co-workers all personable and with a great sense of humor. These are two great traits to have in this particular department, which was the chief reason I accepted the position.

Interview Questions

Interview

Only available to current permanent employees. Must pass a test and score high enough for an interview. Will interviewed with a panel consisting of deputy directors or program managers.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you are a new supervisor and you have 3 new employees, one on a leave of absence?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation as it is a civil service job.

Information Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Fresno County (Fresno, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Apply online. Must be very specific in regards to qualifications on the online application. You will be put on the list to take a written test if you meet the qualifications. The highest scoring applicants are placed on the list to interview with the department which is hiring for the position.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to complete a ArcGIS map on the spot to desired specifications.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Salary is described in the job posting. County salary guidelines.

County Jail Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fresno County (Fresno, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

3 men asked questions off a prepared worksheet, some of which they didnt know the answers to. Questions didnt seem relevant to the job description.
    They had difficulty explaining some of the questions when i asked about them.
     When you go to a face to face interview, you expect to give examples of how you tackle certain situations, how well you work under pressure and with others, and what some of your skills and strenghts are.
    This interview gave zero chance of this. I couldnt give them references, accolades or certificates, or even my last performance review.
     A real disspointment.

Interview Questions

• Whats a 3 phase breaker relay?   2 Answers
    • What is a single phase circuit break, and how does it work?   2 Answers

Account Clerk II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fresno County (Fresno, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Submit online application, then mailed written exam appointment. Wrote about 1.5-hour exam in a room with about 100+ people for the same position. Mailed the results. Top 7 means will be called by department for in-person interview. I was #15 and got called only after four (4) months for an interview, as each County department called people from the list and hired who they wanted.

Called into a conference room with four managers and supervisors, who asked standard questions such as job experience, strengths, weaknesses, willingness to do specific duties and functions, familiarity with procedures, etc.

Called on the phone after two days with job offer. Starting date two weeks after phone call.

First three days consisting in the on-boarding process of introduction with a number of other new hires in various positions. Rules, regulations, govt procedures, etc., were covered. First time in the office is always the afternoon of the third day.

Interview Questions

• Typical job interview questions so nothing was unexpected. Be ready to describe your 'weaknesses', 'strengths', 'challenges', 'accomplishments' and how well you work with others to solve problems, tight deadlines and overwork.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation whatsoever. The net salary you will actually get in your paycheck is about 65% of the gross so be aware of that - due to all the deductions like taxes, pension, Union fees, health insurance, etc.