FriendFinder Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.0

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at FriendFinder Networks (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Was called by their only recruiter and asked to come in to interview with 2 different teams.

I was given a really basic test with trivia questions and then given a small project to do. The computer wasn't set up for any sort of development so I had to use notepad.

The first interview with CAMS seemed like they knew how to interview and was comprised of 4 developers on the team. The second interview with the responsive team was conducted by a junior developer who asked questions that didn't apply to any job in software development I think talked to the head developer on the responsive team who didn't seem like he spoke English.

I was called later and told that CAMS wanted to hire me but the recruiter tried all these weird ways of getting my salary from my last job. I told him that I wouldn't be able to give it to him and he said we'd talk about it after I give him my HR papers. I sent the papers to him and was never contacted afterward.

Interview Questions

• One of the other reviews had the exact questions. Look there.   Answer Question

FriendFinder Networks Response

Apr 5, 2017 – Senior Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your interview experience for Front End Developer on two of our teams. I am in disagreement with you on the facts as represented in your review. Out of respect for your ... More

Senior Front-End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FriendFinder Networks (Campbell, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and recruiter reached out to me. Set up formal call to get to know about me and then onsite meeting with team. This was one of the worst interview process ever. After finishing onsite the recruiter comes and tells me "everything is good and hiring manager likes you but he is worried about adult content and your sensitivity" I said Its OK for me and thats why I applied for this position and have came down all the way. Then he gave me couple of sites supported by friend finder to go over and see if i am still OK with the content or not. I did check those site out I was completely fine and i wrote email to my recruiter explaining what sites i visited how they were similar and how they were different and how i managed that stuff.

Next day I do not get respond back to my email but get kind of auto generated email. "thank you for applying but your qualification didn't match ......blah blah blah....are you serious???

If you are looking to work on something creative with good people do not even worry to apply here.

Interview Questions

• 1.difference between relative and absolute positioning with eg
      2. what is html5 doctype
      3. what are some html5 tags
      4. manipulation of <a> tag via css
      5. scope
      6. SASS
      7. what will be o/p and use closure to solve it
      8. write a program to find odd number in object
      9. given a string A and string B which is rotated string how would you fin it is actually rotated string ?
      10. draw a pyramid of stars.
      Answer Question

FriendFinder Networks Response

Oct 10, 2016 – Senior Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your interview experience on Glassdoor.com. We value your comments so we can improve our interview process to make it a better experience. All jobs with the Company require ... More

Graphic Designer Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FriendFinder Networks (Santa Cruz, CA).

Interview

over the phone was a simple interview. It was mainly to see if I would be interested in the job since they reached out to me. After going over the details and answering a few more question, I said that I am interested. They said they would call me back and then I never heard from them.

Marketing Operations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at FriendFinder Networks in November 2015.

Interview

Initially contacted by recruiter within FriendFinder; had a phone screen to learn more about the position and if I was interested. Next, had a phone screen with the manager. Lasted about 20 minutes - asked general questions relating to the job description. Next was in person with three different people. Very pleasant people, first couple rounds were more behavioral questions. Lastly, the manager went into a little more detail to see thought processes, etc. was a little thrown off by the managers interview portion and kind of pushed me away from being interested in the position. The icing on the cake was radio silence after the on-site interviews. I never had any follow up, left voicemails and numerous emails with no response. Such a waste of time. Very frustrating.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FriendFinder Networks.

Interview

Phone Screen by the Recruiter then 1 in person interview with the hiring manager and Sr. PM.

N/A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FriendFinder Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

No interview needed. I was sent via a temp agency and then went perm. Agency called and asked if i was still looking for a position. They basically asked one question and then sent me in to start working. Once there I was shown a few things, and started to work.

Interview Questions

• Are you alright with adult content   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FriendFinder Networks in May 2011.

Interview

I was referred by an excoworker who really enjoys working at this company. I gave a try when he said he could refer me. I was talking to a recruiter, but I found out no matter how I explained to him that I am looking for graphic designer position. He still tried to schedule me to take UX test, programming test. And then I came in to have interview. I showed my work and got a design test instead that I could do it at home. And then I got a job offer in a few days. The people here are really nice and professional. But it depends on which team you work for, fortunately the team I am working for doesn't have people playing with politics.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't get to negotiate at all.

Paid Internship Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FriendFinder Networks in May 2011.

Interview

I was contacted for an interview, set up an interview time, but come the day and time of the interview I did not receive any call from the hiring manager. I e-mailed the HR employee who had contacted me about the position but did not hear from the company for a few days until finally someone called me to say that the position had already been filled but no one was properly informed. Seems like the communication and management of the company was not as professional as one would like it to be. After the initial confusion of my interview and waiting to find out if I could even reschedule/what was going on, I was very disappointed in the organization of the company. I would rather work for someone who valued my time and efforts and was organized enough to have the proper communication between departments.

Interview Questions

• Will you be comfortable working with the material that our company works with?   Answer Question