Fugro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fugro Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fugro in January 2017.

Interview

The Initial round was telephonic for over 20 mins. After a week, was invited over for in-person Interview. The interview went on for one hour and 45 minutes, during which they asked few questions about the Sensing Technologies, Data Acquisition practices, previous projects, showed around the labs and current sensors employed for testing.

Interview Questions

• How did you carry out the testing of Sensors/Transducers? You have an IEEE publication in your name, Can you please explain about that project?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fugro (Houston, TX).

Interview

Brief and professional. First start with small group, then one on one with hiring manager. Tone was very cordial and atmosphere relaxed. Questions were the usual ones, with brief drill down to experience on specifics in the resume.

Negotiation

Made counter offer and revised terms once.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fugro (Melbourne, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

panel interview with several people which was good as they could see lots of different aspects about you and if they liked you or not also they give you lunch which is nice - everybody likes lunch

Staff Geotechnical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fugro (Norfolk, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

I sent an application in a number of months ago, but I never received a response. Then my graduate school sent out an email saying Fugro was looking to hire entry-level geotechnical engineers and were interested in students getting their MS degree it in.
    I met with a representative of the company on campus for a 1 on 1 interview that lasted approximately 1 hour. The representative liked me enough that I was asked if I would like to come in for an in person interview at the office.
    The office interview was straight forward. When I got to the office, I had a brief talk with the representative I met on campus and then I went out to lunch with the younger staff members in the office. I was asked to give a 30 min presentation on a topic of my choice after lunch. The purpose of the presentation was more-so to see if I have communication skills and if I have no problems speaking with people and communicating an idea. The content of the presentation wasn't all that important.
    I was then passed around for 1 on 1 interviews with the higher ups in the office. Each interview lasted approximately 30 minutes and I have about 6 different interviews.
    After meeting with everyone, the company put me up in a townhouse they own near the office. That evening, on of the staff members in the office showed me around Norfolk and we did a little bar hopping. It was a good casual way to learn more about the company and for someone to also get to know me in a non-formal setting.
    The questions were not that hard. Standard questions about my personality, interests, why I applied and such.

Interview Questions

• If you could pick one, are you more so someone who enjoys starting a problem or finishing one?   1 Answer
    • Name 3 of your biggest strengths and 2 of your biggest weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As an entry-level position, I didn't do any negotiating. Before the offer was made, the employer asked what sort offers have I received and if I know what kind of offers my colleagues have received so he has a good idea what the market price is. I probably could have given a higher salary than I was actually offered, but I wanted to be truthful.

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eight Mile Plains (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fugro (Eight Mile Plains (Australia)) in March 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. General technical questions and discussion about my resume, my current role etc. Second interview is to solve 3 technical challenges in their office for a whole day.

Interview Questions

• build a rest api, draw a graph with d3 library and package the application in docker container within a day   Answer Question

GIS Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leidschendam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fugro (Leidschendam (Netherlands)) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was arranged via a recruiter. It was a specific position which I was interested in but the interviewers kept the interview rather vague as more job opportunities were opened by that time - that was rather strange to me as I prepared for the specific position which I was interested in.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions, in some questions they were trying to dig which tools were used in previous company I worked (a competitor)   Answer Question

Survey Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fugro (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

I was invited to the office in Aberdeen for a one on one interview with the operations director and some one from HR. The interview lasted about 2 hours and was not very easy. A few technical questions and the dreaded tell me about yourself.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fugro (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2014.

Interview

2 over the phone interviews and 1 face to face. they just want to know about you so easy questions off google. just commit to the role requirements given and be confident.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to join the company and are you comfortable with working offshore.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fugro (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

HR asked questions first. Panel interview

Small subsidiary of main company. Disorganised. Admin personnel seemed to be running the show. It took four weeks to let me know, by which time I had accepted a job offer from another company.

Technical Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sharjah (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fugro (Sharjah (United Arab Emirates)) in May 2013.

Interview

Managing Directors and Survey / I.T. Manager & Controller of Accounts took that Interview and they ask mostly question related to previous Job, reason for quieting that Job etc

Interview Questions

• Mostly Question from last Job and reason for quieting that job   Answer Question