Fulton County Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fulton County Schools Interview Questions

Interviews at Fulton County Schools

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fulton County Schools (Roswell, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with Principal and Head of Department for 10 minutes. We discussed my Philosophy of Education and classroom situational questions. In addition we discussed what extracurricular opportunities I would be interested in.

Interview Questions

• Philosophy of Education and classroom situational questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fulton County Schools (Atlanta, GA) in June 2018.

Interview

This was a full panel interview of administrators for the school I was applying to. The panel was thorough in their questioning and wanted to know about my knowledge of the IEP process, how I would handle difficult parents and co workers who didn't want to work with me, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a parent that demanded their child be placed in a more restrictive setting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fulton County Schools (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview and consisted of me doing a 5 minute lesson plan and answering questions. Once it was approved, I emailed schools I was interested in. When I got an interview, I was asked to come up with a 10 minute mini lesson to demonstrate to a panel and then answer questions

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumming, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fulton County Schools (Cumming, GA) in July 2010.

Interview

Walked into room with 4 superiors, 3 not-so pleasant, 1 pleasant. Questions about past projects, where I see myself in the future, and a couple of scenario based questions. After that, taken into a room where I took a computer-based SQL test. Did not hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Explain what I would do to make sure a web form was secure.   Answer Question

Budget Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fulton County Schools (Atlanta, GA) in August 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was interviewed at Fulton County Schools in August 2018. The questions were behavioral questions. I interviewed with a panel of 4. Only the hiring manager was interested in anything that I had to say. The other 3 were yawning and looking off in space. Needless to say, I didn't get the job. The job went to the current interim. I am very disappointed that a school system this large would waste external candidates' time when they knew they were going to hire the already working internal candidate. My advice to Management is to please do better with the screening process and if you want to hire an internal candidate, don't bother to post the job!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Fulton County Schools.

Interview

A couple of administrators on the phone. I had to teach a 5 minute lesson without using visuals. I had to answer various questions about my teaching philosphy

Interview Questions

• They asked about classroom management and my familiarity with RTI,   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fulton County Schools.

Interview

Principal interviewed me about my practices and the college I attended. he even asled about my classroom management techniques. once I answered all the questions I was hired on the spot. the AP gave me her number and kept in contact with my in regards to how to get paperwork turned in fof the county.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fulton County Schools (Atlanta, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

3-5 panel team ask questions in a round table manner. Starting from left to right, each panel member ask one question at a time. The questions pertain to your experience with the desired job. The skills you have to perform the desired job. What type of pay you are looking for, and your acceptance of working with others.

Interview Questions

• Questions will naturally be about your experience with the tools of the desired position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You give them the going rate, and usually they will give you 10-20K under market value.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fulton County Schools.

Interview

The phone interview to get into the county database is a little ridiculous (teach a lesson via phone). The next two rounds of in-person and/or phone interviews are in relevance to actual school and position.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fulton County Schools (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview and was immediately accepted into the teacher pool. I then had a panel interview and was offered the job. I've interviewed with several principals to secure a placement and have more interviews scheduled.
    I was required to teach a lesson during the panel interview. The panel acted as students and asked questions about the content. I explained/modeled the lesson and asked questions to gain their understanding of the concepts. If there was any confusion I reviewed the concepts and posed questions to assess their understanding of the concepts.
    This was my first time having to teach a lesson during an interview. I was nervous at the beginning but soon went into teacher mode. I actually had a great time teaching the lesson. After the lesson the panel asked the normal interview questions. The interview lasted approx 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Fulton County Schools?   Answer Question
    • What type of boss do you prefer working for?   Answer Question
    • What is one of your strengths and one of your weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Explain how you handled a situation when you and your administrator didn't agree?   Answer Question
    • Explain an experience you've had with students success.   Answer Question