Fulton County Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fulton County Schools Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.6

Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fulton County Schools.

Interview

Hard to get an interview due to the high salary of school counselors in the district. The interview was average once. The questions were standard, but you need to know about college counseling because there were at least three questions pertaining working with students in the post secondary process.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fulton County Schools.

Interview

The phone interview to get into the county database is a little ridiculous (teach a lesson via phone). The next two rounds of in-person and/or phone interviews are in relevance to actual school and position.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fulton County Schools (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview and was immediately accepted into the teacher pool. I then had a panel interview and was offered the job. I've interviewed with several principals to secure a placement and have more interviews scheduled.
    I was required to teach a lesson during the panel interview. The panel acted as students and asked questions about the content. I explained/modeled the lesson and asked questions to gain their understanding of the concepts. If there was any confusion I reviewed the concepts and posed questions to assess their understanding of the concepts.
    This was my first time having to teach a lesson during an interview. I was nervous at the beginning but soon went into teacher mode. I actually had a great time teaching the lesson. After the lesson the panel asked the normal interview questions. The interview lasted approx 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Fulton County Schools?   Answer Question
    • What type of boss do you prefer working for?   Answer Question
    • What is one of your strengths and one of your weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Explain how you handled a situation when you and your administrator didn't agree?   Answer Question
    • Explain an experience you've had with students success.   Answer Question

Elementary Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fulton County Schools (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview (multiple) was done at the last minute and conducted by inexperienced teachers who were newly hired themselves. In addition, a gym teacher was added to the interview board mix who had less education and experience than myself. I completed a full teaching lesson using technology and manipulatives to differentiate the instruction.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask me any questions, they simply participated in my lesson as students. They were taking notes, but I never got to see those so I'm not sure what was documented. This was my 2nd interview with this school and I never heard from them again not even after I requested a copy of my materials that I shared during my lesson.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fulton County Schools (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

Initial interview five years ago was by Assistant Principal at nearby school. Then I spent a day in training. The training regarding classroom management was not that helpful

I think this process has been changed and hopefully improved.

Interrelated Resource Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fulton County Schools (Alpharetta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

Apply online, take a personality test, and if you pass you will receive a phone interview where you will have to teach a lesson. If you pass... you will then get calls from schools. Ive had two interviews with Fulton and the Principal, Vice Principal, Grade Team Leader, and other administrators were always present. So expect 4 or more people there in the interview room.

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute...
      Why did you choose this school....
      Scenario Questions...
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fulton County Schools (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

There was no interview process because I went directly to the school in which I was applying for and they endorsed me to speed up the process. If you are in search of a job right away, I suggest you go directly to the school and set up a meeting with the Asst. Principal or Principal if you can. If not, stay on top of your paperwork by calling the county.

Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Fulton County Schools (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Very tedious, in-depth and time consuming. It literally has 4 stages. You must write and submit a proposal for your first 90 days at a school, if selected interview to go into a pool. The next step will allow you to come in a literally write responses to specific questions and analyze data (1 whole day). After that, you will be called (if you get through that step) to interview for school(s) they feel you would be a good match. Unless, you know someone who knows you, then you can simply be appointed to the job without having to go through the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your leadership style and share an incident when you used this particular style?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fulton County Schools (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

First, had an online interview. Second, had an in person interview. I was asked several questions about my previous teaching position. I explained several strategies that I use in the classroom

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fulton County Schools (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

There are no formal interviews. You fill out the application, complete the certification process, and attend an orientation. References are needed, however. You must attend the orientation downtown near the airport, fill out ( a lot ) of paperwork, receive your ID, go over the handbook and scheduling process, and do a fingerprint check. It takes a few hours, but it's very straightforward. Dress business casual.