Futurewei Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Futurewei Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Oct 26, 2017

Chief Hardware and Systems Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Futurewei Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was arranged professionally and consisted of onsite meetings, video conferences and telephone calls over a period of several weeks. Topics focused on industry knowledge and expertise, and the ability to partner with provide vision to engineering teams.

Interview Questions

• What are some key challenges and respective solutions at your previous employer?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Futurewei Technologies in September 2016.

Interview

Submitted application through link on Glassdoor.
    Contacted by Recruiter within 2 days.
    Phone interview with Recruiter followed by on-site interview with Hiring Manager and IT manager.
    Future on-site interviews with co-worker and IT.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Futurewei Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

phone interview with coding questions, then onsite with team lead and chief architect, was asked about the previous work experience as well as a couple of coding questions. easy or medium leetcode level.

Director of Future Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Futurewei Technologies in January 2016.

Interview

phone and onsite interview on future camera module. how to design a short and long distance focus camera. when the object is at distant and object is at near the front entrance of camera lens. how to design the best camera.

Senior Staf Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Futurewei Technologies (San Jose, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

No phone screening, direct onsite interview. Met with some engineers and then Directory of engineering. Engineers I met were very senior.
    They asked me questions based on my resume. Some asked systems level programming questions too.

The entire experience was good since I met some really smart and senior ppl, but all i have heard about the company was true. Management sucks in the end. They need to learn to short list candidates based on resume, not check the resume at the end of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Interviewers were very senior and asked good questions. Mostly based on work experience and C systems programming   1 Answer

Hardware Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Futurewei Technologies (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

It takes two week, two phone screening. the question is more difficult than the other company. They like to hire the people who have experience in industry. after that the recruiter will contact you to discuss benefit and other things

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Futurewei Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

First the HR contacted me to arrange a phone interview. The phone interview took about one hour related to my experience and some technical questions. After one week, there was another phone interview, more related to behavior questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Futurewei Technologies in February 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application online and got the response few weeks later. There was only one phone interview for about 40 mins. It was for the database team so they asked some basics about database execution engine and networking. They also asked some questions about my projects/researches on the resume. At the end they sent me a tree traversal programming task via email and I had plenty of time to finish it.

Interview Questions

• Talk about projects and researches on the resume.
      Database execution engine basics.
      Tree traversal with given operations.   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Futurewei Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview by 5-6 people all day. They mostly went over my resume job by job and asked questions on them. There was not much deep questions asked. Interview process was arranged very professionally with several interview lined up for the entire day. All interviewers showed up. However, there were very few deep technical questions.

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Futurewei Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Mare architect level positions and the interviews focus on industry knowledge and expertise, ability to provide vision to junior engineers, etc.

Interview Questions

• Provide thoughts about the future of this or that industry.
      E   Answer Question

Negotiation

Short.