GAF Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.7

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GAF (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward and transparent. From the recruiter, Sara, to the hiring managers Scott and Glenn I felt very comfortable in asking them any questions that I had and getting direct answers. If you do your homework the interview process can be very comfortable.

TPO Mechanical Engineering Co-op Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GAF.

Interview

I met the manager at the job fair and gave him my resume. A few days later he contacted me telling me he would like to hold an informal phone screen and he told me to apply to the job posting online. The interview was rather odd - the questions were based on preference and were very open ended. I was invited back for an on-site interview. After it was scheduled, less than a week before I was supposed to interview, they cancelled my application, and said they had filled the opening already. I later learned this was a lie and they actually "decided to stop pursuing my application process" and did not tell me the reasons why.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather have more computer work or more hands-on work?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GAF (Parsippany, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty simple and easy. I applied online and got a call back in about two weeks. The interview questions were straight forward and everyone seemed happy and they put me at ease. I got a call back recently stating that I got the job! I know the next step is a hair drug test. I was wondering if anyone had an experience stories with this, is this accurate, how much hair did they take, so on and so forth. Anything is much appreciated.

Sales Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GAF (College Station, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I interviewed on 2 different occasions for this position. The first interview took place at the University I graduated from. The second interview took place in New Jersey.

The first interview was very easy going. We discussed my resume, past job experience, job location preferences, etc. I do not recall any behavioral or "what if" questions, but one should always be prepared for those. The second interview was at GAF Headquarters, and it took half a day. I interviewed with 6 different people in various levels of management. Again, the interviews were very easy going and enjoyable.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GAF.

Interview

Misogyny? Interview went very smoothly but a white, male student with a lower GPA, no previous internships or technical experience, and zero leadership experience gets a second interview and I don't?

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GAF.

Interview

Submitted my resume at a college career fair, interviewed with recruiters at my campus, and then was invited to the site itself for a second round. Typical STAR questions with several hiring managers during the second round; was also given a tour of the site and found it very informative.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult teammate in a group project.   Answer Question

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GAF (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Talked with them at University job fair and got an interview for the next day. The interview was 15 minutes, pretty standard. They asked me to expand on things in my resume and why I wanted to work for them. Had five minutes at the end to ask questions about their company/the position

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GAF (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Three interviews overall. The last two were lengthy and a month apart. First interview was a phone interview, Second interview was in my hometown and the third interview the company flew me down to their regional corporate office

MGT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at GAF (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Straight forward process. Did phone screen with recruiter. Then phone screen with Hiring Manager. After that did online assessment and they invited for onsite interview. At interview did series of tests first and then began meeting with people.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at GAF   1 Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GAF (Parsippany, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

I got interview through staffing company. I meet four people from HR, Manager, Director to VP. HR was very friendly, she talked a lot about the benefit package. VP was pushed me a lot, he asked many detailed questions.