GAF Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 27, 2017

2.7

Area Manager Private Truck Fleet Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GAF (Parsippany, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

Overall interview process was great! The coordination from the phone screening to the in person interviews to the follow up afterwards has been second to none. The communication throughout that I received from all members in the company I could already tell that this would be an excellent company to work for. The interview questions varied from person to person, most job specific, some overall personality or situational questions. Great HR/leadership team!

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that you were unsuccessful in? What did you learn from that experience? And what would you do differently next time?   Answer Question
    • What do you think are qualities of a good leader and why?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GAF (Parsippany, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

Extremely unprofessional interview experience. Would not recommend company to others. The whole process took 2+ months but the position was eliminated in the end when I was waiting to hear a final decision on my application.

I applied for the position late Oct 2017. Had a successful phone interview early Nov 2017. Was called in for an in-person interview that included a 30 minute presentation early Dec 2017. Met with 8 colleagues throughout the day, including the SVP of R&D. Was informed by the Director during the interview I would hear back with a final decision on my application within 1 or 2 days. I didn't hear back for 2+ weeks. Only to receive a call a few days before Christmas that the job was eliminated due to company restructuring / reorganization. I didn't receive the job nor did anyone else.

Needless to say, I was extremely upset that I had just spent 2+ months of my life preparing for this interview where I could have pursued other opportunities and also had taken PTO days, just to have the position eliminated. **My time was not valued at all.** If you're unsure of a position why call candidates in for interviews and make them run through the process?

However, on the bright side this most likely saved me from working at a company with poor leadership. An open position being eliminated even before it's filled due to company restructuring to me signals indecision and lack of confidence in their business strategies.

All in all, extremely negative interview experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest hesitation about taking this job offer?   Answer Question

Automotive Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Vernon, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GAF (Mount Vernon, IN) in October 2017.

Interview

There were 4 peoples present in the interview. One HR rep and three who were lead roles in the maintenance field. It lasted about one hour. Several questions that were scripted. Have your safety portfolio of answers prepared. No tour was offered.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GAF (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward and transparent. From the recruiter, Sara, to the hiring managers Scott and Glenn I felt very comfortable in asking them any questions that I had and getting direct answers. If you do your homework the interview process can be very comfortable.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GAF in June 2017.

Interview

The process was quick and professional. I had 2 phone interviews, one with the home office recruiter and one with the regional manager who had the opening, and then was flown out to interview in person with the regional manager and VP. Everyone in the process was very nice and easy to talk to. They asked questions about my skills and background, told me about the role and a little about the company, and we spoke about the expectations in the role. I had interviews with other companies as well, but I was so impressed by the company, its people, and their timely follow up I knew this was where I wanted to be long-term.

Interview Questions

• What kind of employee and teammate would your current manager and teammates say you were?   1 Answer
    • What do you do in your current role that would help you in this role with GAF?   Answer Question

TPO Mechanical Engineering Co-op Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GAF.

Interview

I met the manager at the job fair and gave him my resume. A few days later he contacted me telling me he would like to hold an informal phone screen and he told me to apply to the job posting online. The interview was rather odd - the questions were based on preference and were very open ended. I was invited back for an on-site interview. After it was scheduled, less than a week before I was supposed to interview, they cancelled my application, and said they had filled the opening already. I later learned this was a lie and they actually "decided to stop pursuing my application process" and did not tell me the reasons why.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather have more computer work or more hands-on work?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GAF (Parsippany, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty simple and easy. I applied online and got a call back in about two weeks. The interview questions were straight forward and everyone seemed happy and they put me at ease. I got a call back recently stating that I got the job! I know the next step is a hair drug test. I was wondering if anyone had an experience stories with this, is this accurate, how much hair did they take, so on and so forth. Anything is much appreciated.

Sales Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GAF (College Station, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I interviewed on 2 different occasions for this position. The first interview took place at the University I graduated from. The second interview took place in New Jersey.

The first interview was very easy going. We discussed my resume, past job experience, job location preferences, etc. I do not recall any behavioral or "what if" questions, but one should always be prepared for those. The second interview was at GAF Headquarters, and it took half a day. I interviewed with 6 different people in various levels of management. Again, the interviews were very easy going and enjoyable.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GAF.

Interview

Misogyny? Interview went very smoothly but a white, male student with a lower GPA, no previous internships or technical experience, and zero leadership experience gets a second interview and I don't?

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GAF.

Interview

Submitted my resume at a college career fair, interviewed with recruiters at my campus, and then was invited to the site itself for a second round. Typical STAR questions with several hiring managers during the second round; was also given a tour of the site and found it very informative.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult teammate in a group project.   Answer Question