KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 317 of over 378 reviews

3.7
GAF President and CEO Jim Schnepper
Jim Schnepper

What people are saying about GAF

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of GAF and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Best career decision ever!

Feb 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Family like environment *Excellent benefits *Exciting growth *Supportive management

Cons

*None- excellent company to work for!

2 people found this review helpful

GAF Response

We're thrilled to hear that your experience working at GAF has been a wonderful one! We can't wait to see what you accomplish in the years to come.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great experience.

Aug 26, 2022 - Process Engineer Co-Op in Chester, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Projects. Great Team. Nice People.

Cons

I have no complaints about GAF.

GAF Response

We're so happy to hear you're enjoying working with us. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

3. 4.0

Great Talent

Sep 28, 2022 - Operations
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of really smart employees who are always looking to share knowledge. Great work life balance.

Cons

Zero consistency amongst departments in terms of perks and work accommodations.

4. 5.0

GAF Starting Salary

Sep 20, 2022 - Financial Analyst in Parsippany, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very good work life balance

Cons

Low pay for highly profitable company

5. 4.0

Great Place to work

Sep 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lot of learning opportunities, flexible schedule

Cons

Work Life Balance can get tough

6. 4.0

Hourly Rates Review

Sep 5, 2022 - Production in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Double time after 60 hours! Lots of OT Here are the rates as of September 2022: Production rates 26.88 - 28.64 ( You will start somewhere in this range depending on the pay rate of the job you get. Mechanics 31.20 - 41.80 Electricians 35.24 - 39.14 E & I Tech 43.59 - 45.77

Cons

12 hour shifts United Steelworkers union is mediocre Employees on probation get $3 less their rate. After probation, you get $1 raise. After another 120 days, you get another $1 raise. In your anniversary date, you get full rate of pay .

GAF Response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We appreciate your feedback regarding training opportunities, and will share it with our team.

7. 3.0

Communication

Sep 15, 2022 - Maintenance Mechanic II in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fair pay and hours good and bad days

Cons

Communication is horrible the health insurance costs are high no retirement no personal time

8. 4.0

Great Company

Aug 30, 2022 - Process Engineer in Shafter, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Willing to invest money and time to train you. Various training from Minitab to more specific training such as web handling. Good benefits and pay.

Cons

Sometimes hard to implement changes or get projects done.

GAF Response

Your dedication and hard work is appreciated! We'd love to hear your thoughts on how to improve processes on completing projects. If you have any additional feedback or suggestions, send us an email at gaf.hrparsippany@gaf.com

9. 1.0

Not a great company

Oct 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

You got to travel and not be stuck in an office all of the time.

Cons

They are not family friendly. There are a lot of affairs and events that are supposed to be work related but really just drunks spending company money on alcohol and hooking up to have affairs.

10. 2.0
    Former Employee

Look elsewhere

Sep 5, 2022 - Machine Operator in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Money is good due to hours

Cons

No family life you won't be home much

GAF Response

Work-life balance is very important to us, and we are always looking for ways to improve. If you have any additional feedback you'd like to share with us, please feel free to email us at gaf.hrparsippany@gaf.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 317 Reviews
</>Embed

GAF Reviews FAQs

GAF has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 378 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at GAF to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, GAF employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at GAF. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

73% of GAF employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated GAF 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at GAF to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be work life balance, management.

Popular Careers with GAF Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at GAF? Share Your Experiences

GAF Careers

Cover image for GAF

GAF - Innovators Wanted We’re a leader at imagining new and better ways to protect homes, buildings and infrastructures—while also...More

• Why GAF?

Company Updates

Logo

238 days ago

Diversity and Inclusion
Our values are the building blocks of everything we do. They’re the guiding principles that shape who we are: an inclusive, diverse, and culture-driven company that delivers on our promise to Empower, Evolve, Connect, and Inspire. Our commitment to nurturing a culture that promotes inclusion and diversity is reflected in our employee-led communities, where everyone is invited to live their core values.  Asians Leading Together (ALT) Black Employees United in Leading Diversity (BUILD) Rainbow Alliance for Diversity (RAD) Supporting all Latinos with Unity and Diversity (SALUD) Women Inspiring Sustained Equity (WISE) Click below to learn more about our culture at GAF!
Our culture | GAF Roofing
www.gaf.com

GAF Photos

+ Add Photo
GAF photo of: GAF Headquarters
GAF photo of: GAF Headquarters
GAF photo of: Commercial Roofing Plant
GAF photo of: The Minneapolis plant at Habitat for Humanity
GAF photo of: The Burgaw plant is back together after a massive clean-up effort from Hurricane Florence.
GAF photo of: Spring 2018 Co-op class at their Dallas Leadership presentations