GAI Consultants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GAI Consultants Interview Questions

2.7

GIS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GAI Consultants (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

The communication with the recruiter was non existent. Almost never answered question pertaining to the job. Asked the salary multiple times to make sure it was a good fit. Ultimately it was not a good fit.

GIS Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GAI Consultants in December 2016.

Interview

After I applied online I was contacted within a couple of days and a phone interview was set up. During the phone interview it was straight to the point and lasted not even 15 minutes. There was a delay in hearing anything back for within the two weeks that was quoted. However, they did not forget about me. Was sent an email asking when to set up an in person interview. The interview was done with three people, one person in the room and the other two on a conference call. Asked how I would apply my education and past experience to GAI. Straight forward and was very open and willing to answer my questions I had concerning the work and the company. Received the offer letter within the time line they quoted. Overall though from applying to me getting the offer took longer than I wanted, but I can understand since this process fell during the holidays. Looking forward to starting and being able to provide a review of the job soon.

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GAI Consultants (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I was first contacted by a GAI engineering manager by phone. Jeff Cadman told me that if I was still interested that an engineer from Westinghouse would call to do an interview over the phone. Jeff said that he would call in a couple days. It took a couple days. I was interviewed by a Westinghouse manager over the phone. The work was on the new AP1000.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my familiarity with the current steel (AISC) and concrete (ACI) design codes. There were many questions about my experience. (This took place in May, 2009)   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GAI Consultants.

Interview

Had initial screen with the to-be manager and they described the position and what it entails, and expectations.

Was called in for a personal interview with the department head and manager. Some behavioural questions, and some basic questions you hear in all interviews.

Then taken to a room where a computer must be troubleshooted, first hardware then some simple IT questions about using various windows OS abilities. All in all it was very easy.

Was offered a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What does BIOS stand for?
      What is the MAC and IP address of this computer?
      What is this computer's name?   Answer Question

Ecologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GAI Consultants.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy and very intense. I did not feel welcomed. It was a grilling session before multiple senior level managers. Very uncomfortable. I have had reviews before for large companies and I have begun to identify the pattern within all of them. The more the interview went on the more uncomfortable it became.

Interview Questions

• About my previous experience and how I could ensure I could perform in situations with the new job in which I had no experience in before.   Answer Question

Proposal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GAI Consultants (Orlando, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

They scheduled 2 interviews both fairly quickly. Met with 2 managers they both asked questions about my previous work experience. They also asked for my portfolio once I was there. They scheduled for a "quick and basic" software test quick was actually really time consuming. None of the hiring managers had the courtesy to contact and inform me of their decision.

Interview Questions

• Very friendly and the questions were not behavioral questions (STAR format). just real work scenarios and they explained the job description and history of the company.   Answer Question

EIT Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GAI Consultants in January 2014.

Interview

Great personable interview that they get to know you on a personal basis. Not many technical questions, very friendly. I appreciated their honesty and openness about the company. I felt very comfortable talking to the guys who were in charge of the interview

Project EIT Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GAI Consultants in June 2013.

Interview

Friendly and efficient focusing on work experience related to the environmental engineering work environment. GAI is concerned with how employees can contribute to their existing work model and help the company expand.

Interview Questions

• Why I was leaving previous employer   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at GAI Consultants (Orlando, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with four managers. Now that I've worked here for sometime, all four of them are all overhead and do not contribute to winning work at all. They walk back and forth and have closed door meetings that accomplish nothing except boosting their egos.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, why leaving current employer? Where will I be in 5 years? Etc.   1 Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Homestead, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GAI Consultants (Homestead, PA) in March 2011.

Interview

HR phone interview followed by one in-person interview with the hiring manager, the market sector manager. Overall the interview was positive. I got some technical questions, some psychological questions, and some practical questions. The people I met with were interested in what I was saying, friendly, and emotionally engaged. The interview lasted about two hours and included a tour of the office.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain why I wanted to work at GAI?   Answer Question
    • I was asked to explain what skills would be marketable for GAI,   Answer Question