GAIL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

3.2

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GAIL (New York, NY).

Interview

It was through an on-campus recruitment. They shortlisted based on the GPA and then took personal interviews. There was a guy from Psychology department also to assess how students can handle stress.

Senior Engineer Interview

Interview

1) Tell me about yourself?
    2) Some technical qns from previous employment

Negotiation

Fixed salary

Human Resource Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GAIL (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

Interview was based on functional and technical questions. There was a panel of around 8-9 members. The questions are relatively basic and they ensure that the candidate feels comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Mostly subject questions from Labour Law, and previous experience (if any)   Answer Question

Executive Trainee (Electrical) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GAIL (Mangalore (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Group panel consisted of 7-8 members including a Psychiatrist. Starting with the basic 'tell me about yourself', they ask everything about your interest in the domain. Applications of the studied theory, some case-studies and whatever comes in their mind related to the domain. Complete knowledge of the company is expected.

Interview Questions

• What are the different types of relays/circuit breakers used to overcome the fault?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GAIL (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

Any job related to my streem, I will try to best for my side

Intend to build career in an organization that may provide me challenging work opportunities to enhance my skills which may also lead to the organization growth.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GAIL (Noida (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

There will be two stages
    Group discussion and personal interview.
    Interview was good.
    Panel were very supportive.
    Efficient work place.
    They called in the ratio of 5:1
    Results were out in 2 weeks.
    It is a good company and a youngest maha ratna
    It is a poineer in gas industry in India. Its the future of indian public sector units.

Executive Trainee-Electrical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GAIL (Noida (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

I was shortlisted through GATE2016.
    The process consists of a GD and a personal interview. GD had some weightage but no elimination.
    First the GD took place in which there were 7 candidates. Topic was 'How much real are the reality shows?'. First 2 min were given to collect our thoughts, then 10 min for discussion.
    The interview was mostly HR and few technical questions mainly from the summer training. Their were five penal members. It lasted nearly 20mins.

Interview Questions

• 1. First question was 'Tell me something about yourself'
      2. I have 34 rank in GATE so they asked me that You might be having call from NTPC, BHEL etc so why do you want to join GAIL?
      3. Some questions regarding my training in Badarpur thermal power station, what kind of synchronization technique is used their i.e automatic or manual?
      4. What are the conditions to be met for synchronization?
      5. Why they use 110volt system in US and not 220?
      Answer Question

Senior Engineer (Instrumentation) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GAIL (Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)).

Interview

Only one round of panel interview is conducted to assess the candidate's experience, attitude and aptitude. Basic interview questions are asked about various measurement and instrumentation principles, PID principles, control theory, etc. A few behavioral questions are asked about short term & long term goals, etc

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GAIL (Noida (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

Resume and mark sheets of all semester was asked to be mailed along with NOC from college. Shortlisted candidates were asked to report on scheduled time and venue. Simultaneously 4 panels were taking interview. Questions regarding digital communications and optical fiber was asked.
    Analog communication's basic questions were also asked.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GAIL (Kolkata (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

After you apply for the interview , it should be a cakewalk for students who are strong at their basics of the subjects.The interviewer was a management level employee and very experienced too and was very friendly .