GMR Transcription Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at GMR Transcription

3.6

Sort:

Transcriptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GMR Transcription in June 2016.

Interview

I had difficulty with the website and was not initially sent my transcription test, but the company did work with me to get me the test. When I did receive it, there were several documents including a style guide, and a template. You have three days to complete the test, and the audio is very difficult - as they tell you. I did not pass - which is fine. I will say that I thought this was for an entry level person with or without experience in transcription. The test seemed more difficult, and possibly for someone that had some experience. Other than that and the initial glitch with their website, it wasn't a bad process at all.

The reason I'm giving them a negative experience review is because of the unprofessional rejection email I was sent a few weeks later. It was repeatedly condescending about my performance on the test (making broad, general statements about my abilities), and overall written in a rude, insulting tone. The worst part was that the email had spelling and grammatical errors in it! I found it very unprofessional, and I'm slightly glad to receive this rejection. I won't be testing again or recommending them to anyone.

Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GMR Transcription (Tustin, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

They have you take a transcription test, which is quite difficult, more difficult than most of the audios you receive once hired. You have to transcribe two free hours of audio prior to getting on the payrole.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GMR Transcription (Scottsville, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

After searching online and finding GMR, I researched their website and thought it to be a good company to work for. So, I completed the online application and provided a resume. GMR sent me an audio file to transcribe as my test. I had approximately two to three days to transcribe the audio and upload it back to them. Once I uploaded the transcript, I received an offer from them in about a week. Overall, the process was very easy and efficient.

Interview Questions

• How many years of transcription experience do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GMR Transcription (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

No questions asked, just take the test and pass it. Communication is by email only. I never got a call, just email. After taking the test, I was notified in a week or so that I passed it and I can start working with them.

Transcriptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GMR Transcription in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then received email with instructions and 12 page style guide! The audio sent was purposely of poor quality because they want to know the applicant can handle it. For someone with no prior experience, I would NOT recommend. Even if you do, I still wouldn't recommend. Their style guide seems a bit ridiculous. But I don't have much to compare it to because I'm new the in field. But the tone of the guide was aggressive, and I already felt like it was a waste of time. The 16 min. audio clip was impossible to get through. And after hearing they want you to work 2 hours of audio for free after being hired, and still may let you go if they feel you're not a good fit, I moved on to other companies and found one a much better fit for myself. Plus, GMR doesn't give their pay scale. But according to a 2015 article, it varies from $.45-$1.75 a minute.

Interview Questions

• How many years of transcription experience do you have?   Answer Question

General Transcriptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GMR Transcription.

Interview

Standard application process. Filled out a form for general information, and then had to submit a test transcript. The audio was around 15-16 minutes long, which is reasonable. It was poor quality audio, but this was noted in the email GMR sent, so that was not a surprise. Did not receive an offer due to my test transcript results. I was somewhat expecting this due to the poor quality of the audio, and the fact that I am a beginner transcriptionist. I definitely appreciate that they sent an email notifying me of this because I have found that many transcription companies never bother to send you an email saying whether or not they will hire you. The reason why I am giving a negative rating for my experience is that I sent an email to GMR asking specific questions about transcribing the audio file that the style guide they provided did not answer. I never received a response on this which is a bad sign. If I ever wanted to reapply those questions may come up again, and I could make the same mistakes without knowing it.

If hired, they also require you to work for free for two hours on a probationary basis. While I understand the need for quality control, expecting people to work for free at any point is a poor practice and unprofessional. I think GMR should split the normal rate of pay between the probationary transcriptionist, and whoever is doing the quality checks for the transcripts. This way, both are compensated for their time.

Freelance Transcriber Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GMR Transcription (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied on their website and was sent the audio and style guide. It was one of the worst audios that I have ever listened to. I tried my best but I could still not hear much of what was being said. It was a terrible experience just trying to work on that audio. The overall experience was terrible because the audio was pathetic.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to go through the style guide and then transcribe the audio and upload the transcript on their website within three days.   1 Answer

General Transcription Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GMR Transcription (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First, I had to take a brief multiple choice test. Then, I was given an audio file to transcribe. I was given a deadline of a couple days to complete it. The transcription test was not easy and the audio was not the best quality. The test was pretty tough for someone without transcription experience like me.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GMR Transcription (Mexico City (Mexico)) in April 2013.

Interview

I contacted and let them my interest to be part they send me via e-mail some tests of knowledge and skills. I sent personal documentation of official identification and curriculum vitae. I received vía FedEx for signature the original contract, NDA and W8 and I resend them same via. I have good impretion of them abut their organization and estructure, they were so kind and friendly and invite me to be part of GMR group.

Interview Questions

• My skills and experience time.   1 Answer