GNY Insurance Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 2, 2017

2.9

Junior Quality Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GNY Insurance Companies (East Brunswick, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

I originally applied through a referral and within a couple of days I received a phone call from HR providing me with information of the company and the role itself. I was then setup with an interview for the next following week. I met with 3 individuals during the interview and the interview went well. A lot of it was more conversational.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize which problem should be resolved first if you have someone in front of you, on the phone, and email?

What are your experiences?   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GNY Insurance Companies (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

There was a preliminary phone call with HR, and then an on-site interview. Met with 9 different people over the course of 5 hours which included a group lunch. I would label the interview format as traditional and professional. HR set up an agenda that was followed very closely, and they were sensitive to the travel time it took me to make and then leave the interview location, wrapping the day up around 3:30pm.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict you have had to resolve.
      What about your current role do you enjoy?
      What about your current role do you get frustrated with?   Answer Question

Claims Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GNY Insurance Companies (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with the head of HR and three executives. It seemed as if they just wanted to have a conversation and get to know you. They all asked pretty basic questions regarding my resume. There were no trick questions they just wanted to get a feel for who I am and how my background got me to the process of applying to be a claims trainee.

Interview Questions

• Just basic resume questions and one about what you would ask a woman suing who tripped in the company lobby   1 Answer

Underwriting Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GNY Insurance Companies (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

it was long and mary was rude. they really talk up the training program but it is way less enjoyable once you actually start working there. You meet with about 4 people

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at GNY Insurance Companies (New York, NY).

Interview

I saw GNY was hiring entry level positions in the paper in March and applied then. They didn't contact me until 2 months later when they asked if I was still interested and called me in for an interview. I went to the interview and interviewed with the recruiter, the trainer, and 2 VP's of the company. The recruiter emailed me a few hours later and basically told me I had the job pending a background check. A week later I got the official offer.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions. Expect behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. There is a set pay for the program.

Junior Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GNY Insurance Companies (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Quick and easy process. Unfortunately, the mangers promise many things they do not follow through on. The training program i interviewed for and accepted ended up being a way for GNY to pay employees less. Instead of a two year training program as promised, you only have 3 months of training.

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GNY Insurance Companies (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume online, received a phone call for an interview within 3 weeks, and then was called with a job offer two weeks after that. I accepted and was working within a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my previous real estate experience and my knowledge of the company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, but it is my understanding there was room to.

Senior Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GNY Insurance Companies (New York, NY).

Interview

Position advertised in newspaper, had a former colleague who already worked there. Email resume and cover letter, called back next day by Human resources discussed my salary requirements, was told number was in line. Appointment 2 days later with Underwriting Manager 1 hour. Was told that unfortunately the CEO was unavailable could I come back tomorrow to meet with him. Met with CEO next day, meeting lasted 1/2 hour. By the time I got back home I was made an offer via email.

Interview Questions

• What were my limits of authority at my prior position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. Was told by colleague don't bother. Not even additional vacation time. Take the offer or go elsewhere. I waited 2 days before I accepted offer, had no choice if I wanted to work for an insurance carrier, only position available.

Payroll Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GNY Insurance Companies (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

It was pretty normal met with 3 individuals first with the HR. AVP then with the Director of HR. then the Payroll Manager. I really enjoyed the interview with all of them most with the HR. Director he made me laugh a couple of times. Then the second time around I met with the CEO and that's when I was a little nervous but it went ok very nice man.

Interview Questions

• What would make us hire you   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at GNY Insurance Companies (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Although there was a misinterpretation of my passion to want to bring my confirmed successful track record as a marketing manager to GNY Insurance Companies it would be extremely disappointing to not have an opportunity to be a part of this firm. I approached them as the research I did showed GNY to be an exceptional company from the top to the bottom as well as their product line and potential for profitability for many years to come. Their HR department was extremely gracious, polite and enjoyeable people. Mr. & Ms. Heck were very intelligent forward thinking leaders whose vision would be a pleasure to strategically map out a short and long term marketing plan. I found the atmosphere and people to be welcoming and comforting. This company has the potential to profitably double in 10 years with the current leadership that is in place and the right person leading their marketing strategy.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions but truly pay attention as they have a vision and they will require a very talented person in order to have an opportunity to put it in place.   Answer Question