GSD&M Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GSD&M Interview Questions

2.6

Sort:

Art Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GSD&M.

Interview

I submitted information online and did not hear back for about 2-3 months. Then had some phone interviews and then they brought me in to meet some people after about 2-3 weeks of talks.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of meaningful questions that you must know your stuff to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GSD&M (Austin, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

They just went through my resume, asked me relevant questions based on what I put on there and most importantly, time availability. I interviewed with 5 different people, and they all asked me about the same questions. I think they liked the qualifications on my resume and I had already gotten the job even before I walked into the office -- the in-person interview was really to see if my personality fit the team.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GSD&M (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Very laid back interview process. Applied online, followed up with a phone interview, and eventually brought in for an in-person. Very enjoyable. The interviewers always made you feel comfortable and as if you were simply having a conversation. They showed me around the office and described some of the jobs I would be doing upon being hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GSD&M (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I got an email saying they'd love to do a phone interview and asked for my availability. I responded with the hours I'd be available and just never heard from them. I sent a follow up email a week later asking if I was still under consideration. No response. Just seemed rude.

Senior Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GSD&M in December 2014.

Interview

Applied, phone interview with strategy team (CSO and 2 VPs), flew me in for in person, met with ~6 people (strategy, creative and account leadership teams). It was all pretty informal, informational. I felt like it was one of those situations that you either fit the mold or you don't. Theres no way to "hack" this one, other than to be the right fit.

Interview Questions

• What brands I had worked on, what brands I admired, major client accomplishments, how I came to important insights, what impact they had, why GSD&M, why strategy...the usual. Someone asked me "what makes me weird" ....which I thought was cool.

The only challenging part was that I was asked a lot of hypotheticals: "if this client wanted to so this thing, what would you say, how would you say? How would you talk them out of XYZ decisions? How do you go about selling great creative work? What if it makes them uncomfortable, how do you make them comfortable with it?   1 Answer

Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GSD&M (Austin, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online, received an email to come in for the interview then was offered the position. The job interview was very normal to any job interview you go in and get interviewed about what you have on your resume.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GSD&M (Austin, TX).

Interview

professional

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GSD&M.

Interview

It was very laid back and everyone was very nice. Met with multiple people across the agency and lasted about five hours. They also took me to lunch, which was very nice. They paid for me to fly in and for my hotel. It was a great interview experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about previous experience, where I went to school and what kind of work I liked to do.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GSD&M (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Very casual and conversational. They are looking more to the way you think and projects you have engaged with. A big part of the interview I believe is if you are a good fit to the culture. Overall people are really friendly and laid-back - even though there are very intense projects and long work hours. Play hard - party hard.

Interview Questions

• What interests you in advertising?   1 Answer

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GSD&M (Austin, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Multiple interviews with various senior folks in HR and department I was interviewing for. All positive just no openings at the time.