GSW Marketing & Advertising Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 25, 2017

2.6

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GSW Marketing & Advertising (New York, NY).

Interview

standard one on one interview. I met with two women from the admin team and took a tour of the office. An offer was sent to me that same day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What makes you special for this role?
      How do you handle challenges?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GSW Marketing & Advertising (Columbus, OH).

Interview

There will be 4 people who interview and they will split it up into 30 minute interviews with each person and they will likely ask you the same questions over again. Typically these are just people you might work with and then they give their ratings to leadership and they have a further discussion together as a group when deciding

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GSW Marketing & Advertising (Columbus, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview mainly focused on why I was looking to leave current company, what my interest in Acct Sup position was and type of salary I was looking for. Interviewer mentioned they were still reviewing the need for the position, and after 3 follow-up emails she still had no information from the selection team.

Interview Questions

GSW Marketing & Advertising Response

Mar 23, 2017 – VP Agency Operations

Hello. Thank you for the for taking the time to comment on your interview process. We want to create the best possible experience for every person who walks through our doors. We understand you are... More

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GSW Marketing & Advertising.

Interview

Very easy interview process. I met with about 4 people, one after another, for 1/2 hour each. Standard interview questions about your background and why you want to work there, etc. I got the sense they were interviewing more for a fit into the company culture than for an actual skill set.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GSW Marketing & Advertising (Westerville, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted to do a phone screen. The recruiter was very friendly and seemed interested in providing helpful information about the company and positions. Several weeks later I was asked to come in to do a series of 1 on 1 interviews with four different managers. Having access to four different members of the team on one day is a great opportunity except that they all asked basically the same questions. Some seemed to be mostly interested in getting inside information about what my current agency does.

Ultimately after being assured that I have all of the qualities they are looking for and told multiple times during the process that they would be in touch soon, nothing developed. Even when I followed up they would say I was still one of their top candidates. I decided to move on since I wouldn't want to work for a company that gives people the run around instead of being professional and forthright. Fast forward four months and they still have the position listed as open.

Senior Acct Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at GSW Marketing & Advertising (Westerville, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Personal contact with a recruiting partner of GSW, GSW phone interview with individuals in the department the job was posted for, GSW in person interview with multiple people the job was posted for, GSW phone interview with potential manager and manager's manager, offer received via email by HR, phone negotiation with HR on salary & benefits

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary expectations initially communicated by the recruiting partner, salary negotiations post offer were directly with VP of HR

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown, PA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GSW Marketing & Advertising (Newtown, PA).

Interview

Newtown HR dept follow through is the worst I have ever witnessed. Emails go unanswered, days go by between phone responses. I had no idea what was going on so I gave up and moved on.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to come in thursday?   1 Answer

GSW Marketing & Advertising Response

Jan 22, 2016 – EVP New Business and Marketing

Not good at all. I will ensure your feedback is shared with the appropriate parties.

Vice President Group Art Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GSW Marketing & Advertising (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

When I arrived for the interview, both ECD's I was scheduled to meet with had not shown up that day. No one bothered to call me to reschedule, so I showed up and had awkward small talk with the recruiter until she sent me home

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable being hands on?   1 Answer

Creative Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at GSW Marketing & Advertising (Columbus, OH) in September 2011.

Interview

I made my first trip to Columbus 10 months ago, at their request. The woman I interviewed with hired a friend instead. Understandable, it happens.

I was contacted 5 months later for another position, and went through 2 phone interviews. I was told I would be brought back in "next week". I never heard a word. I waited several weeks and contacted their unresponsive HR department to inquire...no response. (I made 3 attempt to make human contact).

I was recently contacted by another HR girl, and had 2 phone interviews. I was told, five weeks ago, to expect a call in three weeks to come in again. Act surprised, I have not heard a thing from them.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GSW Marketing & Advertising (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Process is fairly standard--no surprises.

Negotiation

non negotiable first level position