GT Advanced Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GT Advanced Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.2

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GT Advanced Technologies.

Interview

I was first contacted by HR through email and then had a phone screen with the HR personnel. Afterwards I had several different phone interview.Each phone interview was with different managers and it was mainly behavioral questions, nothing technical. Just mostly asked about my resume.

IT Helpdesk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GT Advanced Technologies.

Interview

The interview process was not too rigorous. It also involved several different managers, all of whom were respectful, friendly and intellectuals. Two of the managers were looking for more technical responses while the other was looking more for general business knowledge/etiquette.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GT Advanced Technologies (Tallahassee, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process at this company is quick and you will have a walk through on the floor to see if you think you can do the job. If offered a job it takes a little while before you can start because of the background check and drug and health screen. When all is cleared you will then start working and testing. They test a lot at this company even for new employees and the tests are about safety and basicly the work you will be doing.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions were asked such as where all did you work, which job did you like best, what are your strengths and weaknesses, do you work fast, and why do you want to work at this company.   Answer Question

Quality Technician II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GT Advanced Technologies (Mesa, AZ) in March 2014.

Interview

An employee of my former company had gotten hired at GT and gave us the necessary info to apply. Once I applied I received a call within a couple of weeks. I was given a phone interview to qualify for a face to face interview with a manager of GT. Once that interview was completed I knew that day my orientation and start date.

Interview Questions

• Asking about my experience as the Quality Supervisor at prior company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no need for negotiations I was happy with the outcome because I thought this was going to be my retirement job.

Quality Control Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GT Advanced Technologies in January 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with HR personnel. They were very vague and secretive about the company general, job specifics and duties expected. The only job related question asked of me was whether or not I had Clean Room experience. Had to Google search for information about the company and product.

Maintenance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GT Advanced Technologies in December 2013.

Interview

Very basic interview, at the time they were looking for body's not skills. It was refreshing to be able to drop the standard dog and pony show interview and have a one on one with someone who wasn't with the HR dept. A few key statements and you're in.To easy.

Negotiation

yes, always start high

Equipment Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GT Advanced Technologies (Mesa, AZ) in December 2013.

Interview

quick, they needed a lot of bodys right away. if you had a decent resume you were hired on the spot. did not feel like they were concerned with quality people, just quantity

Negotiation

none, I told them what I needed and got it

Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GT Advanced Technologies (Nashua, NH) in June 2013.

Interview

Unorganized and incredibly informal. This company has no process. I found the process slow and frustrating. This was not a good experience In addition, the recruiter did not keep me updated. I decided to turn down the offer I received because of my experience. I believe they use third party contracts as their recruiting department.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about your experiences?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GT Advanced Technologies (Merrimack, NH) in January 2011.

Interview

Very thorough. Discussion about capabilities. They looked for innovative people who are connected to Solar, LED and Consumer Electronics. The interview was with high level in the company and very informal. There was no structured fake questions, just solid discussion on market opportunities, past and relevant history.

Interview Questions

• - Market analysis and understanding.   1 Answer