Galileo Learning Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Galileo Learning Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Galileo Learning (Irvine, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and after that they reached out to me via email and asked me to submit a short video introducing myself and why I think I'd be a good fit for the team. (You can choose to opt out of the video for a phone call interview instead) After that they reached out to me to set up an in-person interview.

For the in-person interview you needed to have some sort of lesson plan or an activity to present to the group. There's also a one-on-one interview with a camp director that lasts 15 minutes. Pretty basic questions were asked so they can get a feel of whether or not you can handle certain scenarios that might happen at camp. There's also the group interview where you split up into two groups and the camp director pretends all of you are at camp and goes through a typical camp day; this is where people present their lesson plan/activity. The camp director also asks questions about how you'd handle certain situations and basically you just have to blurt out the answers here, as it is in a group setting.

Overall, the people were super nice! One of the least intimidating interviews I've done. It's a very positive environment and fun too.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Galileo Learning.

Interview

There's an individual interview along with a group interview, and they were both fairly simple. The group interview involved introductions, a short video, and splitting off into groups to stimulate a typical day at camp. It was a fun interview, and every one was so positive and outgoing. Make sure to be very excited and positive, and the interview will go smoothly.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Galileo Learning.

Interview

I applied online and turned in a video response and then I got a phone interview. I felt pretty comfortable. I felt okay about it afterwards but I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain a time that you took a risk professionally or in school?   Answer Question

Assistant Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Galileo Learning in May 2016.

Interview

First, there was a video submission where I was asked to film my answers to some basic questions. Then I was offered and interview which was a group interview with a short 15 minute one-on-one interview before. The one-on-one interview was pretty easy, and the interviewer was very friendly. There were mostly personal and situational questions. Then we started the group interview where the interviewers showed us a video about the company and we introduced ourselves. Then we split into two smaller groups and discussed how we would respond to certain situations, and then showed the song, game, or activity we had prepared.

Lead Instructor/Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vallejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Galileo Learning (Vallejo, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Long story short, over the course of more than 2 months, 4 different Galileo members, 4-5 different jobs offers, and countless camp locations, they still couldn't communicate with each other to find a camp close to my location in a timely fashion. I would not recommend dealing with their incompetent organizational skills.

I applied online and submitted a video request. Two weeks later I was asked to have a Skype interview with HR which went very well. Two weeks after that I was asked to setup another Skype interview with a camp director and was told I would be working as a lead instructor at a couple sites close to my location. She said another rep would call me about available sites that I could work from after I had given them my home location. Two weeks later I receive a call with a few sites that were no where near my location that I would be living and that now they would have to look at additional positions for me to fill (a temp team leader to bounce around nearby sites). She told me a different rep would contact me for additional details.

Finally two weeks later, I get another call from a rep with two available sites that were more than 1.5 hour drive away from my home location. When she realized I would not be willing to commute that distance everyday, I was told that they would have to pull my application and try to apply again next year. I told every single Galileo member I spoke to that I was open and willing to do any position, but the close proximity of the camp to my home location was the only importance to me which they each acknowledged before I was done over Skype/phone. Not sure if they even communicated to each other regarding my application/interviews or if they decided to waste my time over the course of 2 months to have the sites they initially wanted me to teach at just to have those slots "fill up" while I was waiting for their calls...

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time were you worked in a team?   1 Answer

I was told I'd be working as an assistant instructor in initial interview at an agreed location. Second interview, I was told that I would be a team leader at multiple camps since instructor slots were filled and had to wait on additional details. The next phone call was to ask where my application process was at. I told them I was waiting on them still and had to reiterate the past conversation/discussion. The last phone call I was told I would be a lead instructor at camps nowhere near the initial agreed location/camp. They then dropped my application because I would not drive +1 hrs to the camp they mentioned in the final phone call.

Galileo Learning Response

Jun 24, 2016 – Outreach Manager

We appreciate your feedback. Your experience seems incredibly rare, as most summer staff candidates hear from us within 2-4 days between each of the stages as outlined in our application guide found ... More

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Galileo Learning (Oakland, CA).

Interview

The first step was to fill out their application online. It asked general information questions and also asks a few specific role play type questions. The next morning after submitting my application I received an e-mail informing me that they wanted to move me forward to the next step. At that point you will get to choose between either submitting a video of yourself explaining a time when you worked passionately towards a goal or they will schedule a phone interview. After submitting my video, I received a call from one of their interview specialists to set up a time for an in person interview.

On the phone, he went over some basics of what was expected in the interview. I had to prepare a 30 second introduction as well as a two minute lesson plan. He gave lots of details about the interview process and thoroughly went over what was expected. He also referenced specific things that I had talked about in my initial interview video, which was a wonderful, personal, touch. Their specialist explained that it would be a group interview, but they also set up times either before or after the group interview for one-on-one

The interview itself was the most relaxing interview I had ever been a part of. Everyone was very warm and friendly, there was an employee at the door who greeted me and kindly asked if I had any trouble finding the building. Everyone who works here is very positive and friendly. They made it clear that even though it was a group interview, none of us were competing against each other. The person running the interview also explained that we were all applying for a variety of different locations and positions.

Everyone went around and introduced themselves, then we watched a video about camp life. We then split up into groups and went over the basic schedule for a day at camp and did our small lesson plan/game/song. At the end, the small groups did a game together so that the directors could see how we worked in our groups.

One of the most important things to keep in mind is that you need to be very positive and energetic in the interview. I think there were several questions in my individual interview that I could have answered better, but I think my enthusiasm is what ultimately got me the job offer. After all, they can always teach you what you don't know. Definitely check out the website and become more familiar with the company and its core values.

Interview Questions

• How would you settle an argument between two campers fighting over a piece of equipment? Note: There are no other pieces of equipment available.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Galileo Learning (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a skype interview about two weeks after I applied online. The lady was very nice and she made me feel very comfortable with the whole process. She asked questions about myself, which was really easy. Towards the end she said that the position I applied for was filled up and that they couldn't give me the job because of it. That was the only thing that made me upset is that they made me go through the entire process just to tell me that all the spots were filled up. Why couldn't they just tell me that at the beginning? I felt like it ended up being a waste of my time.

Assistant Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Galileo Learning in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, then submitted a video talking about a past experience. After that, I had an in-person interview (1 on 1 and group) at a site near me (not the one I was applying for), which was extremely fun and relaxing. I heard back from them about a week and a half later, with an offer that was slightly different than what I had applied for (Lead Instructor instead of Assistant Instructor.)

Interview Questions

• What is a time when you have worked on a team that was having difficulties?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Galileo Learning (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process itself is pretty standard. The group interview is mainly to test for culture fit. A short one-on-one interview is conducted on-site and they'll ask you about your experiences and some personality questions. From what I experienced the group interview is similar for all positions and they'll ask you to prepare and present a very short lesson plan.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you experienced professional growth.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Galileo Learning (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Went for a group interview. First they interview one on one and then they split you up into groups. In these groups, we were asked questions and we also had to do a quick short lesson.