GameSalad Interview Questions

Updated Dec 7, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at GameSalad

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at GameSalad

Found 3 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GameSalad (Austin, TX) in Nov 2017

Interview

It consisted of first a phone interview. Then I was invited in for a face to face interview with the sales manager and one of their sales people. Then I was asked, to come back, 2 weeks later, for a face to face with the CEO. He nit picked about length of time at my last two positions, which each were not good experiences for me.

Interview Questions
  • How does your experience fit this role?
    1 Answer
Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GameSalad (Austin, TX) in Nov 2017

Interview

The interview process was efficient and thought-provoking. I spoke first with a recruiter, then the technical writer lead to learn more about the role and align responsibilities. They were kind, inclusive, and encouraging.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your experience with writing curriculum for computer science-related topics.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GameSalad (Austin, TX) in Jan 2012

Interview

I applied while being available for interviewing only a few weeks later. In the beginning, the experience was rather negative as the recruiter wasn't easy to deal with (like being late for an interview, then forgetting to send me a questionnaire, then I had to jump through hoops to open the format, and it had irrelevant personal questions). But then my resume was passed to the Director of web development, and I know that he reviewed all my portfolio projects. This is rare and shows a lot of interest. Then I was asked to schedule a lunch or a coffee break with them (it was coffee). It was just a chat about the company, the product (I figured out how it works), what technologies they use, what technologies I have interest in. It was comfortable and not pretending to be an interview. In the end I was told they were in a hiring freeze, but they would push for me if they have a chance. They didn't, too bad. If you want to work in this company, don't deal with their part time recruiter, she's notorious to "lose" candidates. Apply through somebody in the company. Don't look if they have job postings, when they were hiring she didn't make one, and then she published one when they stopped hiring. To check if they started hiring again, look at Linkedin if they have new hires. I would recommend this company because I heard a lot of good about it from its employee, such as respecting people. Their site also shows that the team is pretty diverse, and seems to be based on meritocracy.

Interview Questions
  • What do you like to do at your spare time with regards to software?