Gardner Denver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 13, 2017

2.6

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gardner Denver (Quincy, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I talked to the HR recruiter a number of times over the phone, he was very nice, then visited them in person in Quincy, IL. When I went to Quincy, I met with 6 people who asked me about myself and my qualifications. Nothing out of the ordinary. The one thing that I thought was weird was that my potential immediate boss was out of town so did not interview with him.

Engineering Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gardner Denver (Rolla, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process took place on my campus a day following a career fair. Three interviewers were present, two of which were engineers at the company. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and it was fairly laid back. Most of the questions were pertaining to my previous experience and how it would apply to a job there.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gardner Denver (Quincy, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

One long arduous day. 4 interviews with senior management and HR. Moved from office to office. Different styles- formal questions to casual industry conversation. All were extremly professional and
     informative.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentleyville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Gardner Denver (Bentleyville, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

Met with 6 people, for 2 1/2 hours, tested on skills, great conversations about experience and work ethics, just a fantastic interview. Thought a real connection/fit was made with the entire team I met, was completely wrong, no feedback after I was told THANKS BUT NO THANKS after 7 weeks of waiting and my references, background and DMV records were checked!

Sourcing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sedalia, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gardner Denver (Sedalia, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume through a friend that worked there prior to me. The engineer who I was going to work under then called me and setup an in person interview. We talked for about 30-45 minutes in the office and then went on a plant tour. He sent me an offer letter the next week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to lead a group of people.   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gardner Denver (Quincy, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

interviewed with four different people. Very good interview. Question were not extremely hard. People who I interviewed with were very respectable and nice. Got to see the research and development department and design engineering departments.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheboygan, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gardner Denver (Sheboygan, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

A headhunter called and told me they were conducting a confidential search to replace someone in the company they were going to fire for performance. I spend over an hour talking with the headhunter then had a Skype interview with the Manager in Germany. I then had to meet with the head of operations. They strung me along for two months and then called to tell me they were going to maybe hire someone who had left the company and heard about this "confidential search" and wanted to come back. They never called back to let me know what the final decision was which wasn't surprising. This was one of the most unprofessional interviewing experiences I have ever had. I look back and realize that I should have never gone through this process. I would never again consider them as an employer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gardner Denver.

Interview

Began with an initial phone call from Human Resources rep to schedule a quick phone interview with a few engineering staff. After the phone itnerview a series of on site group interviews were scheduled to be had in one day, in which I met with managers and members of the sustaining and new product development engineering teams.

Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gardner Denver.

Interview

Had to meet with every engineer in the company. It was around 4 hours long. A tour was given which showed the whole plant. No information on project or the product was really given in in the interview

Interview Questions

• The amount of time it took to interview left me exhausted near the end of the process and my answers got sloppy.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gardner Denver (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

A recruiter submitted me for an opening. First, I had 1 phone interview with HR and then, I had 3 in-person interviews with those to whom I'd be reporting. All of those with whom I had contact at the company were friendly and I found talking with them to be very easy.

Interview Questions

• Their questions were very straight-forward and none of them were difficult to answer. Most of their questions were about my work experience.   Answer Question