Gate Gourmet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.3

Food Preparer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Wasnt really intimidating or anything. Basic interview questions. Why should we hire you, name a time when. Have to follow a link via email and add your information including phone number then you will receive an automated call with pre recorded interview question. Then you just reply, accordingly.

Flight Checker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

It's a fast paced job, and the work is non stop 24/7. You'll most probably work in huge walking coolers.
    Pay is low comparing to the amount of work.
    There are some MANDATORY overtime that you HAVE TO work.
    You have to have a flexible schedule, and be ready whenever they call you and need your help.

Equipment Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email with instructions to complete an automated phone screening. Only 5 questions, took about 10 or 15 min. A week later i got a phone call to schedule an appointment to tour the facility and do another interview in person. Waiting to hear back from them.

Food Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Few days later received an email containing a number to call and a pin for a phone interview. A week later received another call along with an email confirming my 2nd interview date and time. (Don't get freaked out there's no 2nd interview). I went to the company they took me and 8 other people on a tour of the facility. (Food Assemblers work in a cold freezer..seriously you could blow puffs of air out your mouth in there). After that they sat us all down, described each job to us, what times were required to be there etc. (Full Time: 4 days a week, 3 days off Part time: 3 days a week, 3 days off)
    We filled out our paperwork, did a quick drug test, I'm guessing they already did the background checks before we came and we all were offered a job position. Yes, it was that easy.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your most recent position?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work with Gate Gourmet?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you disagreed with a coworker.   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you?   1 Answer
    • How do you show professionalism in the work area when interacting with customers?   Answer Question
    • The rest are simple yes/no questions about if you can work overtime or over night and if you can lift heavy boxes etc.   Answer Question

Store Clerk Interview

Interview

First you get a phone call asking if you accept the salary and understand the shifts. Then they send an email for you to complete phone interview within 48 hours. Interview was done by phone. You answer a series of questions about your character and how you feel you can improve the company with your skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate based off my skills.

Flight Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring mgr was disorganized. Waited nearly an hour for her to appear. Then, we all had a facility tour. Waited again after the tour. The whole interview took nearly two hours just for short 15 min interview. Not worth to get this job.

Equipment Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview is an automated phone call. Your answers are recorded and reviewed by someone. About 5wks later I received a phone call to come fill out new hire paperwork...

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a coworker you don't get along with?   Answer Question

Galley Logistics Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Got a call and did phone screen. They said they would get back to me but didn't. About 2 months later they called me for a different position. Same person interviewed me over the phone but didn't even remember talking with me before. Set up an interview. I went during the holidays near LAX, very busy time and lots of traffic. Met with phone interviewer and very pretentious European guy with an accent kept asking me questions regarding food industry, which I had no idea how to answer. But they knew I had no food industry logistics from the start, so why waste my time and have me drive all the way from the San Fernando Valley to ask me questions I had idea how to answer? No follow up email telling me I didn't get the job,... very unprofessional. Glad I didn't get the job, seemed like a miserable place to work.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what FIFO means?   1 Answer

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was with 4 different upper management people. The process took about 1 week. One of the GM was very straightforward when asking you the questions. Overall the process was pretty easy but time consuming.

Interview Questions

• If one of your employee is being rude, what action do you take?   Answer Question

SAP Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet.

Interview

After submited a application on their website
    1. A call from Eastcost HR interview.
    They just want to make sure you are qualify for apply this position. Be prepare to answer why you apply this job. What is reason and experence you think you will be able to do the job. What is reason you want to leave the position. What is your current pay. If they think you are ok, they will pass your info to Westcost HR and let you know you will have a phone interview with westcost HR.

2. Intervew with westcost and pretty much same kind of question with Eastcost HR but didn’t mention about pay. If they think you are ok, they will arrange a in person interview with the location that you apply for.

3. Interview with operation manager. Asked the same question with eastcost HR but also more about you. Also what do you know about this company. They just want to know about you and if they think you will be able to do it and they like you, they will report it back to HR. you also let them know when you will be able to start it.

4. I was supprised that there’s more phone interview after in person interview. This position need to link to eastcost so also need to interview with department manager. The manager want to know about you and asked if you know about this company. Also ask about some of the job description. Be prepared to answer more about the job description wise question.

5. The department manager will report back to operation manager and let he know if you are ok or not. Afert that operation manager will contact westcost HR for offer letter. However, you need to pass background check and drug test first. It tkes about one week.

Interview Questions

• Why you leave your company. Why you apply this job. What is your current pay. What is the experence you have that you think you will be able to do the job.   Answer Question