Geek Powered Studios Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Geek Powered Studios

Interviews for Top Jobs at Geek Powered Studios

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Geek Powered Studios (Austin, TX).

Interview

Very swift with communication, I was contacted within a week of applying. When I came in for an interview, I met a wide variety of team members and had the opportunity to ask them questions about the culture and team, they made me feel very comfortable and at ease. Great experience.

SEO Specialist Interview

Interview

Very nice interview process. Not too much technical information requested. Seemed like nice people and a good opportunity. Woman in HR was the interviewer and seemed enthusiastic about finding qualified people.

SEO Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Geek Powered Studios.

Interview

I was contacted by HR about an SEO Specialist position that I had applied to and we scheduled an online interview with the CEO. When that day arrived I was called and told that something had come up and that we needed to reschedule for two days later. When it came for the rescheduled interview, I was stood up. I took time off of work for that interview and was never contacted. I never received a call or email about what had happened.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Geek Powered Studios (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Upon submitting my application I was contacted within a few days to move forward with the first step in the interview process. The staff was friendly and made me feel welcome when I came in to interview, it gave me a good feel of the type of culture and the team I would potentially be working with.

Interview Questions

• What would my last manager say was an area that I needed improvement?   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Geek Powered Studios (Austin, TX).

Interview

I applied through their online portal and received a phone call and an email requesting an initial phone interview that same day (unheard of in Austin!) After the initial phone interview I was scheduled for an in person interview with a panel. the in person interview was very casual and easy going, but honestly they mostly asked "fun" questions that had no bering on whether or not I would be able to do the job. My impression was that culture fit was the most important thing. The interviewers seemed more nervous than I was. I had prepared a list of questions myself of course and that seemed to take them by surprise. But overall it was a pleasant experience. I knew immediately that it wasn't the right fit and wasn't surprised to get the "you were great, but we went with another candidate email" the fact that i even got an email speaks very highly of the company, in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• If you can have any super power what would it be and how would you use it to save the world?   Answer Question

SEO Specialist/PPC Geek Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Geek Powered Studios (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I interviewed twice with Geek Powered Studios, so I had a bit more of an in-depth experience than the average. At my first interview, I felt very in control of the flow of conversation, but could tell my experience in the field (administration) was not impressing the way I wanted it to. After the formal interview, the CEO and I played Super Smash Brothers (WIIU) for the purpose of team-building and an informal "getting to know you." This put me at ease, and definitely increased my interest in becoming a part of the team. During my second interview, I got the chance to communicate more personally with each person in the room, since I knew them somewhat more.

Interview Questions

• Who was the best manager I've had, and why?   1 Answer