General Cable Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Cable Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.7

Manufacturing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Cable.

Interview

Typical manufacturing interview. There is a lengthy questionnaire they have you fill out after the initial interviews. They constantly talked about being "high energy". People were nice. My biggest issue was that they flew me to the site for an interview but I had to pay for the rental car and hotel myself. They said they would reimburse me for all costs. 3 weeks later and I finally got a partial reombursement after several emails. Definitely made me question whether or not I would have wanted to even work there.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Cable (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Received a phone call from HR for an initial phone screen. General Cable flew me in for an interview the night before which was great as I was relaxed in preparation for my meetings at their offices. Multiple interviews (one after another) at corporate offices near Cincinnati, OH. This is quite in intense. Met with HR, product managers and sales managers. Wear comfortable shoes!

Interview Questions

• Really dug into work history and some situational questions. What do know about General Cable and its history? Why do you think you are the best person for this role? What were the reasons for leaving previous roles.   Answer Question

FINANCE STAFF Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highland Heights, Campbell, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at General Cable (Highland Heights, Campbell, KY).

Interview

Two face-to-face interviews completed in one day. Very easy and high level questions. The interviewers did not ask very many questions specific to the role that I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Very high level. No challenging questions because both of the interviewers were not prepared to meet with me.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Cable (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. I talked to the reps at a campus recruiting event and was offered an interview for the next day. In the interview, they focused on behavioral questions and leadership experience. Then they also gave me several scenarios and asked for me to explain my course of action.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you convinced a person/group of people from thinking one way to thinking another way.   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in manufacturing?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Cable.

Interview

Several phone interviews and several in-person interviews were required by the company. There was a need to have multiple facilities including corporate HQ participate in the interviewing process. I did not have to travel to other facilities for the interview process, although others with my title at other facilities were required to travel to corporate HQ to interview. The advantage was cost effectiveness for the company but I did not get the opportunity to meet and greet the corporate people.

Interview Questions

• The VP Ops asked questions specific to types of defects that would occur in their manufacturing process. These were easy to answer as I had industry background.
      When can you start?
      1 Answer

Sales Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Cable.

Interview

I met the recruiters on my campus at Purdue University. Got an email from a recrutier for an interview on campus a week later. First interview was behavioral base and very conversational. Got another email for an invite to their HQ in Highland Heights, KY. Awesome experience each interviewer was straight forward when asking and answering sensitive questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• What difficult situation have you been in and what did you do to solve it?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be with General Cable   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Cable in November 2015.

Interview

Applied after the career fair. Then an interview at my university. About a week later I was invited to the final/onsite interview in a few months. The onsite days are so much fun, it was the reason I accepted my offer. To be completely honest, this was the first company that actually allowed me to be myself, second round interviews there super laid back, some interviewers will sit next to you and talk about anything, I had a great conversation about golf, after talking about my qualifications of course. I never felt like I was being judged for something I did. In the second round interview, the interviewers just want to know who you are. Outside of the interviews, this is the extremely fun part. Plant tours and diners. The VPs come and have so much fun interacting with candidates. This is when you see the play hard, you work see the work hard with everything they do and whats expected. BE YOURSELF, if you are fake, they know and its an instant rejection. Be prepared to have the time of your life, Nikki from HR will make the couple of days the time of your life.

They want high potential, SOCIAL, and independent but team oriented people. Social due to the fact the program will end with you managing people, being a person who wants to work in an office with the door closed and locked will not fit in this position. Its a work hard play hard culture. Everyone has their close friends and everyone is friends with everyone.

My advice to people going to first round: rely on your experiences to answer the questions.

My advice to people going to second round: you made it past hundred of people and they see high potential in you, this is your chance to show off who you are, how social you are, and how you work in and out of the work place.

What sold me: the honesty (they were not afraid to say what was good and what sucked about the position, they only want the best and they are not afraid to say and look for it, REFRESHING compared to other companies that try to trick people, ), the second round interviews (never had such friendly and accepting people), second round events (so much fun, I am social so the dinners and tours were so much fun), culture (they have intense goals, working so hard towards those goals is reward with a lot of fun). Over all, the honesty, hearing the parts that weren't the best showed they wanted people who are not afraid of what the job truly entails.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer doesn't actually listen to your answer as much as they read your body language and tone to make sure you are the best of the best.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland Heights, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Cable (Highland Heights, KY) in October 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview since I could not make the on-campus interview. They then flew me out to Highland Heights, KY (HQ) and had a day and a half of events, first half day was a plant tour of their Lawerenceburg, KY plant, then a dinner with the people who would be interviewing us the next day. Then half the group had their individual interviews then the next group.

Interview Questions

• They had us take a personality test and they took it to heart, rather than meeting you and having an open mind. The personality test was the only factor of why I didn't get an offer.   Answer Question

Engineering Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Cable (Akron, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

I met with General Cable representatives at the career fair on my school's campus and received an offer for an on-campus interview the following week. I did not hear back from the company until a month after the interview. This was after being told that it would take 2 weeks for a decision to be made.

Interview Questions

• Multiple questions about if your boss was being unreasonable or unethical, what would you do?   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Du Quoin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Cable (Du Quoin, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

I saw the ad on Monster.com. So I went to General Cable's website and applied. The HR liaison called me a couple of weeks later to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone call itself lasted about 40 minutes and was an okay experience. But I never heard from the company afterwards. I think they at least could've given me a formal notification. That's why I rate my overall experience negatively.