General Dynamics Bath Iron Works Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at General Dynamics Bath Iron Works

2.2

1. Featured Interview

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at General Dynamics Bath Iron Works.

Interview

Had a phone interview and received an offer a few days later. Questions weren't overly difficult. Hiring process can vary though, I know some who were brought in for on-site interviews.

Negotiation

Offer was fair at the time, did not negotiate, although I would definitely try to score a parking permit if I were to do things over (parking is very limited and off-site lots usually have a wait list. Prepare to get a lot of parking tickets since all street parking in town has a 2 hour limit).

Pipefitter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics Bath Iron Works in July 2018.

Interview

Check in, sit, people are great to interview with. They take their time and make sure you have a clear understanding of what the job is and what has to be done

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at General Dynamics Bath Iron Works (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I met the recruiters at a SWE Conference career fair and they were by far the most friendly, helpful, and fun people there. The woman who interviewed me was fantastic and was extremely laid back and friendly. She made me feel at ease which made the interview really easy and dare I say fun. I highly recommend checking them out at any career fair they are at near you.

Professional Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bath, ME

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Dynamics Bath Iron Works (Bath, ME).

Interview

I went to their facility in Bath, Maine. The group of interviewees went on a tour of their facility and a lengthy interview process. The interview process consisted of 5 stations. Each station asked a set of questions to get to know your personality and your experiences.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brunswick, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Bath Iron Works (Brunswick, ME).

Interview

Phone calls and negotiations/offer were with HR who relayed back and forth with the hiring manager.
    The interview was conducted with two members of management.
    All questions were prewritten and answers recorded.
    Upon being hired all individuals had to attend a one week training in bath. They provide no parking nor parking passes. Plan a ~mile walk into training each day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at General Dynamics Bath Iron Works.

Interview

It was fairly basic, but I was applying for a union cleaner/painter job during one of their massive hiring periods in the '70's. They were hiring anyone that wanted to work.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, it was "when can you start". They also said not to wear jewelry, except a wedding ring.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was nothing to negotiate since it was a union pay scale. For that period (70's) the pay was superb.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Online application, phone call, onsite interview; interview was with HR, then two managers including hiring manager. Fairly relaxed, lots of informal open ended questions. Asked me about my career goals and ambitions, if I had ever worked in defense and why I wanted to work in Bath.

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bath, ME

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Dynamics Bath Iron Works (Bath, ME) in November 2009.

Interview

After applying for any position you must wait until the req. closes then interviews internally go by lay off people first by seniority..if there is currently people on lay off you are stuck at whatever position you are in with no chance for improvement!

Interview Questions

• Where was your last place of employment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Human Resources Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bath, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Bath Iron Works (Bath, ME) in April 2009.

Interview

Apply online, wait about two to three weeks, phone screen, hiring manager interview, director interviews, yard tour, offer

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with a union?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. It's a take it or leave it. Comment from the HR director after asking why we didn't negotiate...."you're darn lucky to have a job, no negotiation needed"

Ship Fitter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bath, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics Bath Iron Works (Bath, ME) in February 2017.

Interview

Casual interview with basic math and blue print readings. The interview went well. I was told I would hear back either way. It has been 2 months since interview. I am assuming I did not get the position. Very difficult to contact anyone at BIW. Also it took 1.5 months for employment verification from an outside company.

Interview Questions

• Where you want to be in x years   1 Answer