Gennum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gennum Interview Questions

3.5

Junior Analog IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gennum (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR several months after applying online for this position. They setup a phone interview with the engineering managers. The interview mainly consisted of behavioural questions and some resume-talk. It lasted for about an hour. They asked me for my academic transcripts and finally said that they would contact me a week later with their decision. After about 2 weeks, I contacted the HR to know the result.

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gennum in May 2010.

Interview

Applications submitted online. Within a week I was contacted by the division manager and a phone interview was conducted. The Phone interview was very relaxed. The following week a 1:1 interview was setup. The person setting up the interview made an error with the time which was really annoying, eventually a proper interview time was setup. The 1:1 interview was a set of 4 consecutive interviews conducted by various member of the design team. One portion was extremely technical. However everyone I talked to was very pleasant. Post interview I was short listed and asked for references. However, this is as far as I got in the interview process.

Overall very good experience and communication from Gennum.

Senior Analog ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanata, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gennum (Kanata, ON (Canada)) in March 2009.

Interview

I was rushed into this interview because the employer said they were in a hurry. I had absolutely no preparaton time was rushed all day just to get the interview the same day as the call.
    It was supposed to be 3x 1on1 interviews for 1hr each but turned out to be 2hr (technical) + 1hr (technical) +1/2hr (general).
    Never again will do an interview unprepared. I knew all the answers but they didn't come to me until the next day!

Interview Questions

• What would be the effect of adding ESD protection to an output driver.   1 Answer
    • We want to amplify a 100mV differential signal to 1V. How do you do this?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gennum in July 2008.

Interview

In my case it was quite easy. A couple of op-amp questions and HS serial data questions