Genome Medical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Genome Medical Interview Questions

Interviews at Genome Medical

3.3

Designer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Genome Medical in November 2018.

Interview

Initially, there was a phone interview with the recruiter. After that, I had a video interview with the manager that I'd be working with, and finally, I had an onsite with different stakeholders; dev team, product team, and operations team as well.

They were very accommodating and respectful of the time when I was there; even though the day was jam-packed with back to back interviews and presentations, there were definitely excitement and enthusiasm to learn about me and my skills.

The recruiter followed up before and after to help me prep and to answer any questions which were extremely helpful. Her transparency and sincerity throughout the process helped me a lot to make my decision.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

Interview

A fantastic interview experience spanning the course of 4 weeks and including phone screens (recruiter and hiring manager), in-person with the hiring manager, and a final panel interview. I appreciated the transparency provided by both the recruiter and the hiring manager regarding the role, the organization, and the various challenges and opportunities. As I progressed through the recruitment process, it became clear to me that the organization values its people, that it is focused on building an amazing culture, and that there is intense passion across the board. The panel interview involved a case study/brainstorming session which was collaborative and engaging. The recruiter provided consistent, timely follow-up with me before and after each stage of the interview process, making sure both sides were aligned on next steps. Overall, this was the best recruiting experience I've had in my career.

User Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genome Medical (Detroit, MI) in March 2019.

Interview

The Recruiter set a call with me and never showed up, I emailed him to reschedule if he was busy or he forgot and he ignored the emails and never replied back. This was an poor experience.

Genome Medical Response

Apr 5, 2019 – Recruiting Manager

Dear candidate,

We honor the lived experience of every candidate and we thank you for taking the time to give us this valuable feedback.

We absolutely work hard to create a great candidate... More

Channel Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Genome Medical (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview process was very smooth and straightforward through the initial phone screen, call with the hiring manager and team members, and the on-site interview. Genome Medical's recruiter always promptly communicated with me throughout the entire interview process. Genome Medical also moved fairly quickly through every single stage in the hiring process.

Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Genome Medical (Mount Laurel, NJ) in August 2019.

Interview

Extremely long in person ( about 3 hours) over 7 interactions from recruitment to after physical interview. The job description and depiction doesn’t match the expectancy on site. You are interviewing for a patient coordinator position but once hired the position is a glorified telemarketing position building up the company’s call center infrastructure.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable not seeing patients in person?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Genome Medical.

Interview

My interview started with a phone call with the VP of Operations. I was then assigned a project to prepare to present at my second interview. The project assigned was challenging and pushed me out of my comfort zone as I was new to the workforce when I applied. (I appreciated that I was told to only spend 1hr on the project, shows a lot about Genome Medical's culture.) My second interview and project presentation was with the VP of Operations. Then onto another round of interviews with the Marketing Director, CFO, and eventually, the CEO. Was pleasantly surprised by the humility of all the interviewers, especially c-suite execs.

Despite all my interviews being video, I could tell in the interview process how smart, supportive and driven every member of the team was. Specifically, those I spoke to were enthusiastic and seemed to care a lot about hiring people who are both looking to grow in their role but also are mission-driven. Interview questions revolved around past project-specific experiences, and then turned to focus on my personal goals and interests which was encouraging and refreshing.

The whole process was quite quick, but I appreciated how the team stayed in constant communication with me despite them not even having a real full-time recruiter at the time in which I was hired (team was small then, <20 people). Interviews wrapped up with an offer after less than 4 weeks.

Backend Engineering Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genome Medical (South San Francisco, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

The interview was one of the weirdest ones I had in my career. The questions ranged from how does the front-end communicates with a microservice, how to authenticate, to how to design the database schema to represent the data, to how to roll it out to AWS, and which instance type would you pick, to how to administer the servers, to how to monitor the log for errors, and how to diagnose what go wrong when there's no log to tell you anything. I tried to engage him on how he would have done it differently to only receive no direct answers.

Near the end, I was quizzed on one of the canned algorithm on how to find a range of numbers that meets a certain criteria.

The whole time the interviewer was looking at his screen. Very weird. I was not offer a chance to ask any question in the end.

I could not manage my amusement near the end of the interview. Who would want to work with this guy or in such environment?

Interview Questions

• I was quizzed on one of the canned algorithm on how to find a range of numbers that meets a certain criteria.   Answer Question

Backend Engineering Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genome Medical (San Francisco, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

After a phone interview to understand my background, I was called on-site. I interviewed with CTO, VP Product, senior product manager, front-end software manager, VP Operations (HR), a staff/senior software engineer with coding/algorithms questions.

It was an excellent on-site interview, very energetic, smart and respectful people.

Interview Questions

• Product development practices, feature development, agile processes, management skills. For coding, easy or medium level questions on leetcode or hacker rank.   Answer Question