Gensler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gensler Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2017

2.7

Summer Interview

Interview

Two associates asked me to go through my portfolio and would like to hear more about one of my favorite projects. They asked me questions about the Softwares I use and my working attitude.

Interview Questions

• What do you deal with the situation that your design was criticized not well by your supervisor?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gensler.

Interview

I was contacted for an interview about 2 weeks after I'd applied. Overall very pleasant. Questions pertained to my skills and experience, rather than tricky character assessment questions. Pretty straightforward - no weird mind games. Going back for a second interview!

Job Captain Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gensler (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed with 5 different studio directors in the span of two days to eventually find the one studio that fits my skill and interest. It was long but I'm glad they took the time to fit my needs instead of putting me in a random studio. The interviews itself were normal just like any other interviews you would have. My suggestion would be look up what kind of studio or projects you would want to work there so you have an idea going in.

Job Captain Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gensler in May 2017.

Interview

Had a bumpy time actually getting an interview due to Gensler having to reschedule 3 times. Interview itself went really well. Met with a studio director and what I would call a market specific lead for about an hour and a half. Interview itself was pretty straight forward. I told them about my experience and it all seemed like a great fit. They are trying to expand into a new market for the specific office and were looking to grow a team with a specific set of skills and experience.
    A few days after the interview, I got a call from HR saying they thought it would be a great fit. Unfortunately, the salary they offered wasn't in the ballpark.

Interview Questions

• tell us about your experience.   1 Answer

Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree City, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gensler (Peachtree City, GA).

Interview

They were very nice and it was not as formal as I expected .i was interviewed by two people on go to meeting .it took quite a while for them to get back to me

Interview Questions

• They asked me to go through my portfolio , which of their projects that I liked and what part of interior design was I interested in .   Answer Question

Intermediate Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gensler (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process lasted on and off for an entire year. I had a internal recommendation from a former professor of mine that had worked there. In total, I was interviewed for the position three times. With every interview, more people would attend and ask me questions. At the final interview, I spoke to six people.

Architectural Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gensler (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Portfolio overview, short discussion of projects, experience and expectations. Overview of Gensler culture and values, work culture. A few questions about previous experience. No tricky questions. Overall experince was great.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gensler (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

They were clearly looking for young attractive guys. Preferably single. Kinda rude. I wasn't attractive enough to get a serious offer. One guy even asked if I might be Bisexual.

Interview Questions

• Are you single and if you go out where do you like to go?   Answer Question

Design Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Gensler (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

There was first a phone interview and then a video interview. I enjoyed my interviews a lot and it helped affirm my decision to work at Gensler. They seemed like they are enjoying their jobs a lot as well and that Gensler really supported their career.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach an ambiguous prompt given to you by the client?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gensler in March 2017.

Interview

Online application. I got an interview invitation after 10 days. During the video meeting, I talked to two interior designers from their studio. After the self introduction, they told me to go through my portfolio. They asked me a couple questions when I was presenting to them.