Gensler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Gensler (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Process took about a month and a half; three rounds of interviews. They skipped the initial HR phone call, but this ended up being a mistake all around. The HR person I was working with throughout the interview process was great, but the HR contact higher up who reached out to me after all the interviews were done was surprisingly unprofessional (flippant, sent an email to the wrong email address, left someone else's name at the end of my offer letter), and the offer I received was insultingly low. If this had been my initial experience, and they had stated upfront that my desired salary was too high, I would have withdrawn my application and saved everyone a lot of time.

Interview Questions

Gensler Response

Sep 15, 2016 – Gensler Response

Thank you for sharing feedback on your interview experience at Gensler. We appreciate your candor and will pass your comments along to the firm’s leadership. Gensler takes pride in making the... More

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gensler (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed for the in-house paralegal position in Los Angeles office and was interviewed by two members from the legal team. One I met in person during the interview and the other was over the phone in a Gensler's conference room, which it was a bit awkward to me. I was expecting to meet both of them in person according to the HK coordinator. They asked some typical interview questions and followed by a series of questions about the details of my current duties. I was told to have a second round of phone interview with the General Counsel. However, I never received any emails or phone calls after my initial interview. Tried to send a few follow up emails, but never received a response. It would be nice if Gensler could send me a response to let me know the results or why I was not the right person.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gensler (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed with 5 different studio directors in the span of two days to eventually find the one studio that fits my skill and interest. It was long but I'm glad they took the time to fit my needs instead of putting me in a random studio. The interviews itself were normal just like any other interviews you would have. My suggestion would be look up what kind of studio or projects you would want to work there so you have an idea going in.

Job Captain Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gensler in May 2017.

Interview

Had a bumpy time actually getting an interview due to Gensler having to reschedule 3 times. Interview itself went really well. Met with a studio director and what I would call a market specific lead for about an hour and a half. Interview itself was pretty straight forward. I told them about my experience and it all seemed like a great fit. They are trying to expand into a new market for the specific office and were looking to grow a team with a specific set of skills and experience.
    A few days after the interview, I got a call from HR saying they thought it would be a great fit. Unfortunately, the salary they offered wasn't in the ballpark.

Interview Questions

• tell us about your experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Gensler (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 women from within the team and one HR person for internship. Had a recommendation from a former intern from same school and mentor from my school directly to one pm- present at the interview. Reviewed portfolio, revit experience, and past experience. They look for nice energetic social cool people who enjoy what they do and want to make it a better place. After the internship I bonded enough with the firm that there was no additional formal interview for the full time role other than walkthrough in the new office with HR. once she saw everyone liked me I got approval 6months before my start date.

Interview Questions

• What Gensler project did you like and why?
      What professional work in portfolio can you claim to be 100% yours?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gensler (Oakland, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

It was my first interview with Oakland team which was virtual. I had two interviewers. They went though my portfolio/worksamples. Since I was an experienced designer, there were a lot of technical questions; about 35 mins of my professional works and less than 10 minutes of students projects. The best part was that they care about your goal in your career and talk about the right position accordingly.

Interview Questions

• What was the reason to change window details including vendors?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gensler (Boston, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

I met with two Studio Directors, who were nice. They had copies of my resume, reviewed it with me asking my role and each project. The also viewed my Portfolio and looked at two CD sets I worked on. The interview went well and was asked to come back for a second interview. The next interview was with one of the Directors and a PM. Like the first, this interview went well and was given a tour of the office. I was asked back for a third interview with Mr. Gensler. He showed up late, didn't have a copy of my resume and began to talk about the firm. He repeated the same things I heard from the first interview, skimmed over the copy of the resume I brought and quickly flipped through my portfolio, skipping several pages. He asked very little about me, He told me that they don't staff for a particular project and don't have a project for me. And that my area is more Architecture and not Interiors, which contradicted their job post and what both Directors & the PM talked about. He treated me as though I walked in off the street and he was doing me a favor by talking with me. It was a complete waste of my time, less than 15 minutes. I didn't follow up with the Directors, so they never knew about my bad experience with Mr. Gensler. What a total disconnect between the Owner, HR and the Directors.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gensler (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied via the website and was offered an interview about a month later since I applied. I interviewed at the San Francisco headquarter office. The recruiters were very helpful. I had an online technical difficulty regarding my application not submitted properly, they promptly emailed me back and guided me through the application process. I was offered an interview a week after.

I had 2 interviewers and it went really well. Both interviewers were mindful to my time, and fair through the entire interview. Other than the typical interview questions, they took the time to describe the company's structure and work culture. The interview was kept casual, yet insightful.

After the interview, the recruiter emailed back and let me know that the interview went well with both interviewers, it's just taking a little more than a week to be processed. I thought this was nice of the recruiter to keep me updated.

Interview Questions

• What's my goal, where do I see myself in 5 years?
      Specific questions regarding my portfolio.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gensler (Boston, MA) in November 2008.

Interview

group interview followed by 1:1 "offer" interview

Interview Questions

• describe portfolio and past/current job experiences & titles...(very laid back and straight forward, no trickery)   Answer Question

Negotiation

easy to negotiate

Job Captain Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gensler.

Interview

The interview process was very positive. They made great effort not to intimidate, and were quite diplomatic. Being a large firm, Gensler has the interview process down to a science, make sure you are prepared to handle a strong force, but be sure to remember they are on your side and will help make the situation comfortable for you.

Interview Questions

• Fairly typical interview, more organized than others (probably from doing thousands of them).   Answer Question

Negotiation

As a large company, they know exactly what they need out of you and what they are willing to offer. Negotiating salary and other benefits is recommended as always, but know the limitations and do your research. After all, a company like Gensler has a large pool to choose from.