Gensler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Intermediate Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gensler (Oakland, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

Met with a Design Director and Principal Design Director. Everyone was extremely friendly, nice, polite and kind. Interview itself went really well. The questions were pretty straight forward. They went through my portfolio. I spoke about my portfolio and the programs I know most. Described each project and they were very impressed. They were very nice and made me feel comfortable. The best part was that they care about you and your goals in your career and ask questions accordingly.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gensler.

Interview

Go to meeting interview with a senior architect, talk about my work and experience . The interview last 30 minutes. At the end I got that offer. Professional Intern start from June to August. It is a nice experience for me.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gensler in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online- Contacted by HM to schedule an on-site interview. The hiring team was not prepared, did not seem to have any questions for me, and was very distracted throughout the interview.

Interview Questions

• What did you like about your last role? What didn't you like about your last role?   Answer Question

Interior Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gensler in January 2020.

Interview

5hr interview with many exercises by category that would evaluate my knowledge on each design field. The first few were useful by last ones too exhausting and unnecessary. The team was really nice and receptive all along.

Interview Questions

• What do I not see myself doing in a daily basis.   1 Answer

Studio Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gensler (New York, NY).

Interview

Very long interview process. Not very clear direction about the position. Interview seemed more personality based than skill based. Screen with a timer counting down on it in the room as the interview went on.

Project Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gensler (San Francisco, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

I interviewed at the San Francisco Office. We talked through my resume and portfolio and then discussed the firm and the role I'd have. We finished the interview with a tour

Interview Questions

• What was the largest project team you've worked with and what was your role?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gensler.

Interview

started asking me to talk about my portfolio and then asked me several pretty easy questions about myself and what kind of software i'm familiar with and then on of the interviewers showed me around the office

Senior Job Captain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gensler (San Francisco, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

The initial interview was a panel style structure with Directors and members of the management team. I was asked a series of questions about my previous experience, goals and future ambitions.

Junior Technical Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gensler (San Francisco, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

I was contacted to come in person for an interview in the San Francisco office. The panel I spoke to were very nice and inviting; they interviewed me more as a conversation to understand my portfolio, my goals and why I wanted the position. I gave them a backstory about me and my schooling, and then they had my work samples on a screen, so I just went through each one and ended with my past work experience.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell us about yourself.
      2. Can you walk us through some of your projects?
      3. What type of studio are you interested in at Gensler?   Answer Question

Communications Manager Interview

Interview

only asked about previous positions and what those entailed instead of asking questions that pertained to the current role. The hiring manager emphasized "soft skills" but did not go into details as to what those were. Very rude and condescending. They seemed to just want details on previous positions without asking relevant questions for the job at hand. Interview was not focused and all over the place.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Gensler (Aurora, CO) in October 2019.

Interview

Horrible. Recruiter reached out and sees when you are available for further information. There is no response back in emails after trying to confirm a phone interview. Recruiters take 5-7 days to respond to an email. No information if you got the job or not. If you want to keep a good image of the company, have decent communication with your applicants

Interview Questions

• No questions and wasn’t able to set up phone interview after they reached out   Answer Question