Gensler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2018

2.7

Technical Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gensler (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I had a video interview with them this week. The people I met were very friendly and patient. They had good time control. We talked about the company, their new office, my portfolio, working experience and my goal. The conversation had a wealth of information. I really enjoyed this experience.

Architectural Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gensler (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was with two senior members of the team. Talked about myself and described briefly my portfolio, professional experiences, and goals. Interviewers talked about the scope of work and the characteristics of an ideal candidate. Described more in details about the work at Gensler and what type of work the company is trying to move forward.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Interview

Big Waste of Time! I was reached out by the HR Recruiter via email who subsequently sent me a questionnaire, I filled it out and then a video interview was scheduled one week later. The whole process was very unprofessional and just random. During the video interview, they couldn't even get the meeting equipment to work properly to have a functioning video interview! That was the first sign that I shouldn't have interviewed in the first place. Never mind you that I made travel arraignments to come in for their last interview. They just don't know what they are doing. Avoid this place at all costs. The whole process was so slow and I still haven't even gotten a response yet. Thanks but no thanks.

Internship Interview

Interview

They skyped me about half an hour to interview. they tried to find out what kind of programs to use. they responded the result with email in about a week.

Interview Questions

• what is your favorite work in your portfolio?   1 Answer

Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gensler (Miami Beach, FL) in April 2018.

Interview

It started by talking about the company then I spoke about my portfolio and the programs I know most. Described each project and they were very impressed. They were very nice and made me feel comfortable.

Senior Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gensler (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Met at the SF offices and was able to setup my portfolio in a conference room. Very nice reception and introduction to the company. Overall I was impressed with the office and sensed that the culture was something I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• What is it that you love to do, what is it that you want to work on every day?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gensler (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Applied online and heard back from them in one month. Had the interview through video conference. Interviewers are very friendly and generally just asked about my portfolio. Got the offer one week after the interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gensler.

Interview

I was interviewed by three people and it was pretty straight forward. They were all very friendly and had many good things to say about the company. It felt more like a conversation.

Architecture Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gensler (Ruston, LA) in March 2018.

Interview

Quick interview. Asked to see portfolio and resume. Really nice people to converse with, they want to know about you personally just as much about your line of work. Expressed how to change my portfolio to make it better and answered all questions I had with ease. Overall, it seems like a great place to work in the future.

Interview Questions

• What are you interested in? Architecture or Interior or both?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gensler (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Everyone was very friendly, and it was more of a monologue presentation of your portfolio. You do share screen with the panel interviewers, so it's not as scary as you think. They will most likely ask you couple questions as you present your portfolio, but not much other additional questions after. Also have a reason WHY you applied to that specific branch.