Gensler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gensler Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2018

2.7

BIM Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gensler.

Interview

The process took 3+ months. There were about two to three weeks between each contact. The interview was engaging and interesting. People seem nice and engaging. Not sure why the process is so long. Not sure I would interview there again, due to the interview process and timeline.

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Gensler.

Interview

Arrived 5 minutes before interview and waited 1 hour for the interviewer to become available. What, the applicant's time far less important than theirs? Let the the time go by that it was estimated the 2nd interview would happen and was told it would be a few more weeks. After several months went by with the same response. I wrote them off even though they were still advertising for the position. 1) If I had shown up to the 1st interview an hour late they probably would not have even made time for me. 2) They need to be honest instead of stringing applicants along. 3) In an interview the company is just as much under review as the applicant is.

Landscape Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Interview

Conversational interview with two Gensler designers. This followed two reviews of my portfolio. I then was asked to provide references and was invited to a second interview with additional Gensler designers.

Interview Questions

• You have developed a subspecialty at your firm. Why would you give that up to come work here?   Answer Question

Interior Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gensler.

Interview

2 in person interviews with studio director, managing principal and the project manager that I would be working mostly with. Reviewed my portfolio, previous work and discussed expectations and position description.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gensler (Chicago, IL) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied through an employee referral, the process took one+ week. Had a conversational interview with two designers with whom I will be working with. Explained my portfolio, my interests also learned what are the projects they were working on. Had the second interview with the team leader. Was a really good interview experience. The office is filled with positive vibes and creates curiosity to learn and evolve as a person and professional.

Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gensler (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview was great. It felt less like a Q&A and more like a casual conversation with my future team. I immediately got the impression that the office is inclusive and collaborative.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience. What projects do you enjoy working on most?   Answer Question

Architectural Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gensler (Chicago, IL) in December 2017.

Interview

I was brought into a room by two design directors and was asked to talk about myself and my portfolio. Not even 5 minutes into the interview the interviewers were checking their phones and interrupting me to talk to each other about an unrelated subject. They paid more attention to themselves than they did to me. It was obviously apparent that they felt my interview was not worth their precious time. It is unfortunate that such a large successful company feels that they can treat the people they bring in for interviews with such disrespect and disregard for the sacrifices said person is making in order to be there for the interview. Safe to say, I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

Gensler Response

Jan 24, 2018 – Gensler Response

Thank you for providing feedback on your interview experience at Gensler. We are very sorry to hear that your experience was not a positive one and pledge to share your feedback with senior... More

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gensler (Washington, DC) in November 2017.

Interview

To make a long story short, I applied for an EA position. I was asked to come in for an in-person interview after my phone screen about a month / month and a half later.

When I arrived the first thing out of the interviewer's mouth was - "oh, the EA position has already been filled. But we have a studio coordinator position open if you're interested".

Are you telling me I just drove an hour downtown in rush hour traffic to hear you say that the position I'm interviewing for has already been FILLED? I was so upset. To suggest I learn more about the "studio coordinator" position added insult to injury, as it's a much junior role to the one you asked me to come in and interview for.

Gensler, do better.

Interview Questions

• Very typical, standard questions over the phone screen and through email.   Answer Question

Architectural Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gensler.

Interview

Applied through an employee referral. Took HR about a week to reach out to me, and scheduled an interview the following week. Interviewed with two principals (although I think three or four people were supposed to show up). The interview was about 20 minutes, then I was given a tour of the office. After the interview, I followed up three times with both HR and the principals who had interviewed me, and the only response I got was that no decision had been made yet. Still no word from them.

Junior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Gensler (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied this position online, and get the first-round interview notice about 2 weeks later, and 1 week after the first interview, I got the second-round interview, very fast pace. but long waiting to known the result.