Genuine Parts Company Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 32 of over 32 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Genuine Parts Company

Genuine Parts Company

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genuine Parts Company

Interview

I applied on the external GPC website. I then had a screening in which the recruiter called me and talked for about fifteen minutes. I received an invitation to interview through Microsoft teams several days later.

Interview Questions
  • What are your strengths and weaknesses?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genuine Parts Company (Atlanta, GA) in Dec 2020

Interview

I applied online, but did not hear from anyone from HR or even a recruiter. I just heard from the hiring manager via email to schedule the interview process. The first round would be with my peers. The second round was with the hiring manager. The 3rd round was with leadership and someone on my team as a technical lead. This was a multi-month interview process so be prepared for this. I did receive an offer but I declined it, in which I had to negotiate as they wanted to give me a low offer. The main reasons: 1. Low vacation policy (only get 5 days after 6 months, then another 5 days after another 6 months). You do start with 2 personal days you can take after 60 days. 2 Health benefits did not start till 61 days out. Decent package once you can get enrolled. I had multiple offers on the table but this was the key decision not to accept this offer. I feel if GPC wants to attract good talent they will need to modify this as companies are moving toward more work-life balance with unlimited vacation as well as closer start for benefits.

Interview Questions
  • Standard questions about resume as well as some examples of how I did things.

Genuine Parts Company

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Genuine Parts Company in Sep 2020

Interview

First interview was a 30-minute phone call with the hiring manager, who asked questions about my experience over the years and near the end of the call asked a few high-level technical questions to gauge my level of familiarity with programming. Afterward, I received a coding challenge which consisted of three options from which I was to pick one to complete. Final interview consisted of 2 separate video calls each lasting an hour (these would have been in person were it not for COVID). The devops interview was first and had 3 people mostly asking workflow experience and culture-fit type questions. The technical interview was next, and we discussed my coding challenge for a few minutes, and the rest of the time they quizzed me to determine my level of understanding of programming and logic.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genuine Parts Company (Atlanta, GA)

Interview

The phone interview was great. The in-person interview went okay. The interviewer was very cold and remarkably un-rememberable. I have zero respect for companies and their disdain for candidates by not following-up with candidates. Very disrespectful.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time where you handled a difficult employee scenario?

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genuine Parts Company (Rochester, NY) in Feb 2020

Interview

One-on-one with district manager who oversees four stores in the same city. It was conducted in his office at one of the stores. There were a couple of "busy" interruptions while we talked. The interview lasted about a half hour.

Interview Questions
  • Easy questions to search out my commitment to working when needed and ability to work extra hours. Additional questions related to safe driving habits and the ability to lift/move heavier parts.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genuine Parts Company (Atlanta, GA) in Jan 2020

Interview

HR reached out to me by phone. We scheduled a 30-min phone screen. The HR will give you a call. If I have something I don't understand, you need to ask HR to say that again.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Genuine Parts Company (Sacramento, CA) in Jul 2019

Interview

This was the second time I've interviewed with GPC. The first was for the Director position that I did not move forward in the process. I was transparent in letting the hiring manager know as he was the one who did the initial screening and asked me to come in for an in-person interview. I thought I did well in the interview and was eager to move forward in the process. I was told that they wanted to move quickly and that I should hear by the following week. I followed up with an email to the hiring manager the following week and did not receive a response; I followed again the week after and no response; then I followed up again in the third week asking for some type of closure stating that I'm assuming the position has been filled (even though the job kept popping up on different sites). I just wanted to be able to close the loop. Still no response. I reached out to the HR Generalist after that and she quickly responded and told me that they have moved forward with another candidate. I thought the interview itself was fine, but it did leave a very bad impression when I didn't receive any follow-up from the hiring manager after three attempts. Granted, he could have forwarded it to someone to respond, but after the third attempt, it would have been nice to at least acknowledge the oversight in communication. I will say the first time I interviewed, I had a similar experience, however, it didn't go on for this long with no response. My thought is if you intend on going through the interview process, please be prepared that if you don't get a call/email right away after interviewing, more than likely you are not moving forward in the process.

Interview Questions
  • If a job offer is made, would my current employer try to counter-offer
  • What area of HR do you enjoy most?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Genuine Parts Company (Atlanta, GA) in Apr 2019

Interview

I applied online, phone screen with hiring manager, online aptitude/skills assessment after phone interview, onsite interview with hiring manager, senior VP and 3 would-be peers, additional onsite interview with 3 VP's, lastly a 4-hour onsite aptitude test/skills and psychological assessment done with an outsourced firm called Talent Quest.

Interview Questions
  • How would I handle managing a large team indirectly (via supervisors).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genuine Parts Company (Atlanta, GA)

Interview

Telephone Interview. In Person Interview. Sat with 2 HR directors. First director did not seem interested. Second director was very cold as well towards me. I left there knowing I would not get called back. I’m glad they rejected me if the hr team is not welcoming.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genuine Parts Company (New York, NY) in Jan 2019

Interview

quick. easy. but before i got to the interview o got job offer from somewhere else. and came in for courtesy. too late to cancel. everyone was nice and friendly. company seems great.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 32 Interviews